Everything happens for a reason?

Does everything *really* happen for a reason?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Everything happens for a reason?

Webnower said:
You believe you have free will because you're meant to.
Come on, this answer is too easy. ;) Perhaps that's the true reason.

Whitelight

Everyone seems pretty split up on what to think about this one.

Well, from looking at the polls.

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
If the future is written, why are we existing ?
If everything that happens is totally scheduled, and that there's no way to stop it, is life still making sense ?

Num7

Yes, life is still making sense. You have to try to break out of the vicious cycle. Maybe by meditation or some other unknown way. I am sure its possible but I have not learned yet how. Of course it also means that evil people like uncle Joe Stalin or Attila or Mao or G.W. Bush do not really exist. They are normal people but have to act the way they did as it is all pre-ordained.
Regards

gonzogirl

Yeah, meditation is very helpful to me. Does wonders when I think too much.:rolleyes:

kcwildman

Beastmaster

every thing happens as it was obsereved, the future is not written so it can be fallowed like a play book. but it was seen by the eyes of GOD at the begining of creation and tomarrow will be as it was observed.each of us will be drawn to the appointed place at the appointed time. we all must play are part in the days to come. I have seen the mystery of the ways of GOD. like how when you stuble and fall. only then do you see a car run a stop sign and barely miss you laying on the ground. another step would have killed you.free will aint free, you are free to chose who you will serve. that choice alone will set your path to walk. all of us must face that choice. every day in many ways that question is posed to all. who you chose to serve will determan the choices you are given, and the choice you make will be exactly as it was observed.
in short it is pre-seen not pre-determaned all things happen as they do for a reason yes and as soon as it is proven who you will serve your done game over
well done my good and faithfull son come on home now its time for dinner

gonzogirl

thats cool what you said..that it is preseen but not predetermined...

kcwildman

Beastmaster

gonzogirl said:
thats cool what you said..that it is preseen but not predetermined...

yeh thats the cool part. now if we can just get HIM to tell us what HE saw us do, then we could skip the dumb shit and move rite to the good stuff:D

Num7

Administrator
Staff

gonzogirl said:
Oh...how does it all end?
Thats what I wanna know...
Does it have a reason to end in the first place ?