Fahrenheit 9/11

karizma

Fahrenheit 9/11

I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 last night and was deeply moved by what I saw. I was wondering if others out there shared my opinion or had their own spin on the documentory.

Karizma

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Fahrenheit 9/11

I watched it the day before yesterday and got really pissed at the way things work. I think it got to me more than most people becuause I managed to escape the army right before we went to Iraq... I mean, that could have been me.

There's obviously some propaganda in there, but it's not like you don't see it. "That night, he went to sleep on a bed of fine French linens." -- You gotta be stupid not to see that.

I, personally, am glad I no longer live in the US. I want no part of that system anymore. Michael Moore did an excellent job.

karizma

Fahrenheit 9/11

AMEN Heggy....Michael Moore was very thorough in my opinion on the "Bush" back story and connecting all of the dots. My heart goes out to the soldiers that are just following orders and the innocent people of Iraq who have suffered unjustly. War is never pretty for either side, but you want to feel like the cause is just. Somewhere the lines have been blurred concerning this war and the issues at hand.

Karizma

John

Fahrenheit 9/11

I try, as much as possible, to keep my political beliefs, etc to myself in regards to this community. However, I agree that F 9/11 was a great documentary. I was left shocked, disturbed and enlightened. I would recommend viewing this film to everyone, Republican, Democrat or Independent, US citizens and other nationalities as well. If I had a 5 star system I'd give it 6 stars.

Cyberbomb

Fahrenheit 9/11

I watched it last weekend and I thought it was a great documentry, (lucky for me I got to watch it right after bowling for colmbine finished on the free movie networks).

Living in Canada, its surprising to see how different it is, the documentry was great (although Moore should of interviewed more people instead of that long interview with that couple who were going on about how "why my son?!" and seeing that his helecoptor crashed on the news, then the mother proceding to cry on and off for like 20 minutes, and then going to the whitehouse, it was just so dragged out :dry: ) Its funny how only one of the seniters( I can't spell all these american words :lol: ) even stopped to talk with Moore as he asked them if they wanted to enlist their children in the army and send them to Iraq, the reaction of "just ignore the problems and keep going" is a good example of how the reasons for the last few wars are being treated.

For all the things about racism that society is so "aggressively" combating these days (they are even uptight about it where I live, there are fricken posters EVERYWHERE :ninja: ,and some how manage to put the message of anti racism in to every detail of any subject about another race thats ever shown to students) the seniters make a poor example for America as not one of them signed for the African Americans, as all of them left the stands one by one ( and even the joke made that a signed form does actually indeed matter after one of the woman said she didn't care it wasn't signed.)

It was amusing to listen to moore make fun of bush by trying to discover what he was thinking after he was told about the world trade center being hit while reading a kiddy book with the classroom. It might as well be a comedy/documentry because I laughed more during this movie then alot of suppositely funny videos being shown these days, I highly recommend it, its an all out "rape" of bush but its one of the better pieces of entertainment to watch these days, you should go watch it now if you haven't already (Im Canadian remember, it will be twice as good if your from the country being talked about :lol: .)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Fahrenheit 9/11

Anyone who hasn't seen it should go see it before the election -- This means you Sosue :D

It is definitely a Bush rape, but very well done.

karizma

Fahrenheit 9/11

Cyberbomb I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in thinking that the treatment of the African Americans was horrible.

Then senators are so quick to send other people's spouses and children to war, but would NEVER want to send their own. There were also several good points made about poverty levels and military service. The poorest people do the most enlisting. Very interesting. Now the military has pushed back the entrance standards to try and get the enlistment numbers up. You don't actually have to pass an academic style test anymore....Your only qualification, "Can you hold a gun?"

Karizma

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Fahrenheit 9/11

That's how it was by the time basic training was over. When I joined I had to take the test but it seemed like their standards kept getting lower and lower.

At the beginning of training they were very strict about weapons qualifications, but as weeks wore on it seemed like they'd been told to just let everyone through. I flat out failed grenade qualification (I can't throw worth a damn) and they stamped me anyways.

The guy next to me took around 45 tries before he finally qualified with his M16... Technically you only get something like 5 chances.

karizma

Fahrenheit 9/11

Very true Heggy.....soldiers seem to be expendable these days. It is very sad to think that you truly are just a number on someone's list of supplies. "Tanks? Check. Guns? Check. Soldiers? Check."

Unintentional

Fahrenheit 9/11

The problem with 9/11 is it absolutely not objective.

He spends a lot of time showing congrerssmen who KNOW they can't object without a Senator objecting, but did he make one mention of how a six month heavily democrat civil rights commision found absolutely NO deliberate or concerted efforts to disenfranchise anyone? How about how 35 independent news agencies did a hand recount of all ballots and still found that Bush won? This was all reported 6 months after Bush was elected and about 3 years before Moore's movie came out.

Right off the bat, this should clue people in this movie is not to DOCUMENT the truth, but ONLY report half stories that make Bush look bad.

The movie claims that some oil gas pipeline was planned to go through Afganistan while Bush was governor of Texas. Did the movie mention these planners never met with Bush? and the fact that as Governor there was nothing he could do? Did the movie mention that the pipeline was never built and never will? (This last fact was well known well before the move was released.)

Did the movie mention that although Saudis were cleared to fly early almost immediately after 9-11 were ALL cleared by the CIA first? Richard Clarke, Bush's former chief of counterterrorism, has come forward to say that he, and he alone, took the responsibility for authorizing those Saudi departures.

why did Moore's evil Saudis not join "the Coalition of the Willing"? Why instead did they force the United States to switch its regional military headquarters to Qatar? Aren't the Saudis and Bush living in each other's pockets?

Did the movie mention 150 years of african americans who marched and protested for the right to join the military? Did the movie mention that parents don't "send" their children into the military, they volunteer? Why did Moore not use the scene where a congressman who's children ARE in the military and ARE fighting in Iraq?

I could go and on and on, but I won't. I would just leave with this sombering thought:

If Michael Moore had had his way, Slobodan Milosevic would still be the big man in a starved and tyrannical Serbia. Bosnia and Kosovo would have been cleansed and annexed. If Michael Moore had been listened to, Afghanistan would still be under Taliban rule, and Kuwait would have remained part of Iraq. And Iraq itself would still be the personal property of a psychopathic crime family, bargaining covertly with the slave state of North Korea for WMD.

pw_sign_14.gif