First original people in america were from africa

HDRKID

First original people in america were from africa and they came before the ice age. Well, this is news. OK, as usual, we need to change the science book again...

Earthmasque

On the so-called "negroid" skull:
Luzia was originally discovered in 1975 in a rock shelter by a joint French-Brazilian expedition that was working not far from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The remains were not articulated. The skull, which was separated from the rest of the skeleton but was in surprisingly good condition, was buried under more than forty feet of mineral deposits and debris.
There were no other human remains at the site; Luzia appeared to have died alone. But more than forty other skeletons from the same general period have been found in a nearby area called Lagoa Santa. Brazilian scientists hope to be able to test Dr. Neves's migration theory by doing radiocarbon dating on some of these remains. Among these bones was an unusual, and undated, calotte (skullcap) that somehow simply disappeared.[2]

The MSM story of this find dates to 1999. The finds mentioned above at Lagoa Santa were located a century earlier. These skeletons were more or less contemporary with the Luzia skull (all are Pleistocene.)
Note what has been found from studying the Lagoa Santa remains:
Neves' conclusions have been challenged by research done by anthropologists Rolando Gonzalez-Jose, Frank Williams and William Armelagos who have shown in their studies that the cranio-facial variability could just be due to genetic drift and other factors affecting cranio-facial plasticity in Native Americans.
A comparison in 2005 of the Lagoa Santa specimens, with modern Botocudos of the same region, also showed strong affinities, leading Neves to classify the Botocudos as Paleo-Indians.

Source
Almost certainly not African then.

Justinian

There is a preacher of some form of church out there that talks about the Naga's(pronounced by him as Nay-gahs) and how they spread throughout the world. I thought it was a joke until I saw it myself. I'll see if I can't dig up the youtube videos later.

HDRKID

I have heard that Australian Aborigines use canoes. They could have hopped from island to island in the warm areas of the pacific ocean. Well, this would be similar to polynesians and micronesians now. Best strategy is to use trade winds to sail the ocean. Actually, this makes more sense. I doubt that you had a lot of people living in siberia during the ice age. Not only was it cold, but available food was scarce. OK, case in point, there use to be a norse settlement in Greenland hundreds of years ago. Hey, back then it was a lot warmer. Sadly, it is much colder now. People were not able to survive.

Suraska

I can believe this. Look at Aborigines. They have dark skin,but otherwise "white" features such as slim noses and straight silky hair. If some of those people migrated to the Americas then some faired skin people from the Artic Circle hiked over the land bridge during the last Ice Age then the characteristics of Native Americans make sense.

Earthmasque

Perhaps one should look over a few genetics studies prior to opining on the origins of Australian Aborigines as well as Native Americans.