Forgotten America.

atlanticantic10

I dont know if its just me, but it seems like the further we get into complex technologies and get caught even more into the hype we seem to forget about being, just, simple, and i dont mean to offend anyone who loves this country just the way it is, because i love our country 100%

Me, i personaly cant stand moder-day living and life, i respect and hold honor to advances in medical tech, and think some tech is just great, but it just seem like thats all some people care about and thats what upsets me.

More to the point, i love the american west, i have been all over our great country and find our culture in dis-repair, the old signs, motels, service stations and the beautifull art-deco style of 1940-1960's design of the american west roadside all forgotten by most and worst of all vandalized or salvage, for what?

Leave it the hell alone restore it dont destroy it! why would any one what to see thos treasure go away, its all there to remind us as americans what it was like to be loud and proud, BIG bubble letter signs! BIG neon lights, BIG in-your-face design and presentation, BIG band swing and rockin jazz, and dont forget BIG heavy metal cars, that where all made by the hands of other american, big tail fins, big wide-mouth grills, big, LOUD and pround, big cubic-ince V8 engines that roard to life without aid of keyless entry or a computer! and all these true great monsters of the road you see now junked away or restored but now with a crappy set of big cheap wheels and a god-awfull candy paint job.

What ever happended to a well-spoken man and a well-dressed women, friendly faces, kindness seem to have disappeared somewhere with in our culture, why? bring it all back, i want to be loud and pround once more a truly feel that pride for my country and for myself!

kcwildman

Beastmaster
dude you are so rite on every point...... and I agree about a 10,000..% I have contimplated just walking into the mountians and never looking back. let them all have just what they ask for... and when they come to find me they had better be real sure they want to cause I won't be happy when I see them.
but hey thats just the savage comeing out in me. I real don't belong in this time. I should have been born about 200 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!! I would have fit rite in then,, but now I can just barely manage to function in this new world. most often people tell me to get with the program.. I always ask why??? this show sucks and I don't want any part of it.....
sorry for the rant but its how I feel:D

atlanticantic10

oh, trust me i cant argue with you at all, i dont need or have desire for modern comforts, and most all the ignorant people who live so blindly will have whats coming to them. im in-tune with this world and our land, i know when shit hits the fan finnaly because of human neglect and the stripping of land and recources on this earth, in the end im going to sit back and know i'll be just fine. i have almost no respect for man these days nor value the life of them either, to hell with most of 'em. its just the early to mid 20th century as well as the early 1800's is about all i can respect of "modern" american culture. maybe i sound harsh but its just my view of whats today and how respectable we used to be as a society

kcwildman

Beastmaster
dude are you sure we are'nt twins sepperated at birth:eek: I totaly agree man has come so far into the future they can no longer servive in the past. very few even know how to start a fire with out a bic lighter, they could not make a fish trap to save there life. you know the basics of life,all the stuff my grandpa tought me about stayin alive with nothing but my wits to guide me. like you said they have ask for an ass wippin and soon will get it.
by the way I'm damn glad you found this site your my kind of people:)......oh yeh thanks for the link put into my faves. thats some good stuff rite there.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
yeh knida spooky huh???????????? but hey its hard to argue with the truth and all of these yuppys are in for a wake up real soon

kcwildman

Beastmaster
don't know iffin anyone ells will remember it but good old Merl Hagard put out a song along this line it was all about how things use to be...like when a buck was still silver and a hand shake would seal the deal, when coke was a cola and a joint was a bad place to be, when a ford and a chevy would last ten yrs like they should..... can't think of the title but it was one of grandps faves thow...