Genetic Engineering, cloning, Designer babies, etc

Minita

How long do we have to wait before something like this actually can be done. It can give better intellectual abilities, physical strength, longer life expectancy rate, etc. So far mice have been genetically engineered, animals have been cloned. I am waiting for your views on this and please share information from your side.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
this subject is most terrifying to me of all the things to come. I will now re-speak something I was told back in the 70's while serving in the airforce. after asking my shop chief about the new plane comming out (any all new developments in the medical, science,weapons, technology field's are at least 10-15 years behind the current things going on the the military research labs. so by the time we hear of something on the news outlets or from current press release's of respected professionals of the fields the military has already done it and perfected the process..) this came from an old sargent who was close to retirement,and had seen the world of the military develop from propeller airplane to rocket ships and served at some of the most secret bases in the world over the course of his career. his uniform shirt looked like some of the generals you see in the movies with medals and ribbions all over the whole left side....just from my point of view the guy was a moutian of information on just what the government had been up too over the last 40 years. so I realy doubt that it has changed at all since then
back to genetic's I am very sure there are already full grown subjects in secret labs hidden on military bases right now

Samstwitch

I have a book written by David Rorvik entitled In His Image: the cloning of a man which Rorvik insists is a true story. He was hired by a millionaire (a billionaire in today's standards) to put together a team to clone an heir (and he swore never to reveal their identities). The cloning was successfully completed in 1975 when the child was born (but the identity was never revealed). With the publishing of the story, which made Front-Page news, there was a lawsuit filed against Rorvik's Publisher, and eventually a Congressional Hearing was held, but Rorvik refused to testify, his reasons being, he would not reveal who the child was or who it was cloned from. For that reason, his story was labeled a 'hoax', but Rorvik has stood by the validity of his story.

I'm sure the government dipped into this information at some point.

If you want to know about human cloning, visit the Website Services - Clonaid.com
It's been in business for many years now, successfully cloning babies.

titorite

As it becomes more and more common place the ultra rich will continue to breed genetically superior. The wealthy elite will merge with the intellectual elite....

The poor mugles will be left to drift in lowerness at their mercies...

If I could offer anyone the ability to improve themselves I would..... some rich self centered vile person? proly not.

Minita

I appreciate the news which you gave me, genetic engineering is also about stopping aging process by manipulating tilomers which is present in our DNA, as we grow old it shortens but it can instead be stopped from shortening which will result in being young forever. I wonder when will this happen, will our future generations just around 2100 accomplish this and will the future humans will remain young forever? Imagine your mom and you of same age biologically. That amazes me.

TnWatchdog

US company in Iowa churns out 100 cloned cows a year
_h366_w650_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg
AFP
Each year, the company gives birth, using the cloning technique, to about 100 calves.

In the meadow, four white-haired Shorthorn heifers peel off from the others, raising their heads at the same time in the same direction. Unsettling, when you know they are clones.
Click link to full story
US company in Iowa churns out 100 cloned cows a year

You know I thought I heard several moos that sounded the same when I drove thru Iowa a few weeks back on the way to the promised land...Minnesota.

IroncladMarshmallow

You think genetic engineering is being done for your benefit? If there's one thing we know about the wealthy, it's that they want to kill us all. If they find a way, they will use genetic engineering to sterilize poor people, shorten their lifespan, and reduce intellectual capacity. An on-demand slave labor force with no risk of self-liberation is their goal.

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

You think genetic engineering is being done for your benefit? If there's one thing we know about the wealthy, it's that they want to kill us all. If they find a way, they will use genetic engineering to sterilize poor people, shorten their lifespan, and reduce intellectual capacity. An on-demand slave labor force with no risk of self-liberation is their goal.
IMO...You are right. I 'liked' your previous post, not for what it said but for what I felt was the accuracy of what was said...if that makes sense.