Get together

Judge Bean

Get together

Originally posted by starwolf@Aug 18 2004, 08:21 PM
bravo paul...bravo... just know there are many soldiers with great combat experience and leadership skills. we had a saying in the af/pak mountains... to hunt, you must know your prey. do you see what i mean by this? as a soldier, if it came to my making a decision to uphold the constitution, i will know my enemy. i believe it was a rule of sun tsu come to think of it... there are a great deal of soldiers who think the government is too powerful and the militia, which the constitution demands, is now dissolved into the national guard, that is what the national guard is, or was supposed to be the protectors of our beloved constitution. so our question in the military has always been, where is the well armed militia in every state? we believe the best way to go about this is to \"dissolve\" ourselves into grassroots militias in our home cities, grab as much gear as we can, keep a channel open and prep for the worst. we do see a split within the military and it worries us. the voice may be too small to be heard over the zeal of some general with dreams of glory we never heard about, or like in the first revolution, the militia was considered a problem, rather than a solution. till they had proven themselves in several battles and inflicted a great deal of pain on the british.

"It is undoubtedly true that all citizens capable of bearing arms constitute the reserved militia force or reserve militia of the United States as well as of the States... " Presser v. Illinois, U.S. Sup.Ct.

Under current federal law, there are in fact two "militias," the National Guard, and "the unorganized militia, which consists of members... not members of the National Guard..."

The Second Amendment guarantees to citizens the right to keep and bear arms as a means of fulfilling the obligations of the people to defend the homeland and fight tyranny. It is meant as the final line of defense of freedom.

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms... " Justice Story.

"...in the event, however unlikely, that our government or leaders would go bad... As the people bear the risk of loss of their freedom and the pain of any attack, our Constitution provides that the people have a right to participate in defense of the Nation. The Second Amendment protects that fundamental right." Nordyke, U.S. Sup.Ct.

"...if in the blind pursuit of inordinate power, either [the federal or a State government] should attempt [to disarm the people], this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." Rawle, 1829.

HackimerRob

Get together

So was anyone into my idea of getting together all in the chat at a specific time and trying to get so many people together on it?

CaryP

Get together

Originally posted by Hackimer@ Rob,Aug 20 2004, 07:23 PM
So was anyone into my idea of getting together all in the chat at a specific time and trying to get so many people together on it?

Rob,

I'm in. Put up a date and time. Maybe you could post a poll and let everyone vote on a selection of dates and times. Keep pushing the ball up the court.

Cary

Snow

Get together

(Hackimer @ Rob,Aug 20 2004, 07:23 PM)

Everyone who was there last night is planning on next Friday night already. That was a hoot. How did bowling go Rob?

Snow

Judge Bean

Get together

I'm sorry, I thought the topic was how to somehow get together or be together when and if the boom was lowered. I think the best way to get together otherwise would be to have a convention in a place designated as generally centrally located in the world of members. We should plan the event well in advance, and get a band instead of a DJ.

John

Get together

I thought the same thing Paul. I was thinking that in a few years, or something like that, arranging something in Las Vegas. It would be expensive, I assume, that is why I am putting it on my "Long Term Time Travel Forum" goals list...you know reserving a band, banquet hall, getting discount rates on rooms for convention attendees.

Judge Bean

Get together

Originally posted by Satan@Aug 23 2004, 07:00 PM
I thought the same thing Paul. I was thinking that in a few years, or something like that, arranging something in Las Vegas. It would be expensive, I assume, that is why I am putting it on my \"Long Term Time Travel Forum\" goals list...you know reserving a band, banquet hall, getting discount rates on rooms for convention attendees.

I would pick a small place, like Roswell, where they'd be grateful for the business and go out of their way to welcome us. It'd be cheaper, too.

CaryP

Get together

Hell, I'm in. Just tell me where and when.

Cary

P.S. A band that plays a wide variety of different tastes in tunes would be preferred. Grunge, rap and other noise posing as music should be banned IMO. Thank you for your kind consideration. Cash bar with JD would also be a plus.

John

Get together

I kind of like the idea of Roswell Paul. That just may be it. Any one have any other ideas of a location?

Judge Bean

Get together

Is it any cheaper for our UK and European members to fly to the East Coast than to the middle of the US? If so, I would suggest a small city south of Washington, maybe North Carolina or Virginia. If not, I would suggest New Orleans or, as I say, Roswell.

Edit: I suggest JD as the official drink of the Time Travel Forum-- might as well be, and that way we will bring enough to the meeting so that nobody will have to buy a drink.