Get together

Lonewolf

Get together

I know I am brand new to the board, but I was wondering if any of you have ever tried to get together in RL?

Right now, I am in NC, until December, when I am relocating to Ohio. Does anyone other then me think a get together might be a good idea?

StarLord

Get together

If and When they ever get a machine to work, I say we all go back to Pearl Harbor, raise a ruckus, sink a few subs, down 3 Japanese Carriers to cripple their navy, convince ET to down all their planes. Come back here and see how much Japan has changed. Hmmm that reminds me, I'll need to work on my Admiral Halsey impersonation for when we need to reserve the Officers Club and the BOQ for the celebration on the 8th.

Lonewolf

Get together

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 12 2004, 10:58 AM
If and When they ever get a machine to work, I say we all go back to Pearl Harbor, raise a ruckus, sink a few subs, down 3 Japanese Carriers to cripple their navy, convince ET to down all their planes. Come back here and see how much Japan has changed. Hmmm that reminds me, I'll need to work on my Admiral Halsey impersonation for when we need to reserve the Officers Club and the BOQ for the celebration on the 8th.

I think if we were capable of stopping the pearl harbor attack, Hitler actually wins.
And that would be interesting to see.

CaryP

Get together

I'd be up for a get together. But, the problem of coordinating such an event would be difficult at best. We've got members strung out from UK, Canada and across the US. Time away from families, jobs would be a problem. Coordinating a meeting place would be the least logistical problem. Maybe we ought to look for some celibratory event in a city next spring and see who's up for it. I know not everyone who wants to attend will be able to, but an idea worthy of some research. Maybe you could post a poll to see if there's enough interest. Just my thoughts.

Cary

Lonewolf

Get together

Cary, those are some pretty good thoughts.
I guess my idea of a get together is figuring out how to contact everyone in the event that things do go down. I'd like to be able to find others who were prepared.
You know?

Judge Bean

Get together

Originally posted by Lonewolf@Aug 12 2004, 05:35 PM
Cary, those are some pretty good thoughts.
I guess my idea of a get together is figuring out how to contact everyone in the event that things do go down. I'd like to be able to find others who were prepared.
You know?

Lonewolf, please see my post in the Waco thread. We can bind up our bonds on the internet for the time being, but you have to ask yourself

What is it that we have in common, that we all believe?

Or else we might as well just keep spinning in our own mud.

Snow

Get together

You know?

I do know what you mean. Sosuemetoo and I have discussed just such a thing. I believe in personal networking and preparedness but I am very strongly against a large effort invlovling lots of people who your only exposure to is words on the net.

Let me explain myself - or try. I worked on 'safe haven' project for awhile on another forum. Because I am in Canada I was the one who was going to collect and hold the confidential, encrypted information of who could offer what. The person holding such information is actually in a dangerous position. How do you actually protect such information? What happens to the people on the list if the information gets confiscated? How do you know who is safe to pass the "safe haven" info on to? My point is, it is NOT SAFE to have such lists and detailed plans. Titor suggested that you find 4 or 5 people within a hundred miles that you trust with your life. I suggest that is GOOD advice. Keep your preparations and your travel plans personal and private. Don't particapate in list gathering or network building on a grand scale. Don't advertise what your state of preparedness is.

Before Paul comes and gets me for promoting fear - let me state that concern is not fear as he suggested in another thread. Most of us are not afraid. We are mindful and watchful and think we see the handwriting on the wall. Love ya Paul!

Now I would be more open to a meeting for the purposed of getting to know one another before the proverbial ###### hits the proverbial fan . . . that sounds like a great idea.

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches

sosuemetoo

Get together

And, here is what "Mom's" proposal is.

We find out where our trusted staff is located (elders, mod's, admin, long time posters) and appoint them for certain regions around the world. Those appointed would be willing to give limited aid, information, and be willing to make phone calls to a loved one.

For instance, I am in the land of Lincoln. Say that Chicago is hit and you reside in Chicago. I would be willing to give out phone numbers to your nearest red cross, gov't services giving out aid, and be willing to call loved ones for you to let them know of your location and plans.

Just an idea and food for thought.

"Mom"

Judge Bean

Get together

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Aug 12 2004, 08:22 PM

Before Paul comes and gets me for promoting fear - let me state that concern is not fear as he suggested in another thread.? Most of us are not afraid.? We are mindful and watchful and think we see the handwriting on the wall.? Love ya Paul!

Now I would be more open to a meeting for the purposed of getting to know one another before the proverbial ###### hits the proverbial fan . . . that sounds like a great idea.

The second paragraph is actually what I have been promoting today and long before now.

The first paragraph I find puzzling. My concern, as I have tried to say, involves awareness, a knowledge of history and your rights, and a refusal to resort to either panic or violence to "win" or "survive." My advice is to make yourself completely aware of what you're fighting for and the kind of life that is worth fighting for and surviving for. There are many ways to fight. If you are afraid that "Titor is right," then you will understand that the fight will come before the holocaust.

If, like me, you think that your own will and effort, rather than the Titor script, will tell your future, then you will take my advice.

Snow

Get together

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Aug 12 2004, 03:28 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Snow Fire Watches@Aug 12 2004, 08:22 PM

Before Paul comes and gets me for promoting fear - let me state that concern is not fear as he suggested in another thread.? Most of us are not afraid.? We are mindful and watchful and think we see the handwriting on the wall.? Love ya Paul!

The second paragraph is actually what I have been promoting today and long before now.

The first paragraph I find puzzling. My concern, as I have tried to say, involves awareness, a knowledge of history and your rights, and a refusal to resort to either panic or violence to "win" or "survive." My advice is to make yourself completely aware of what you're fighting for and the kind of life that is worth fighting for and surviving for. There are many ways to fight. If you are afraid that "Titor is right," then you will understand that the fight will come before the holocaust.

If, like me, you think that your own will and effort, rather than the Titor script, will tell your future, then you will take my advice.
[snapback]6693[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Sorry Paul - I should have been more specific, or maybe said nothing at all. Believe it or not I read every single word you write and today I noticed that four or five successive posts seemed to suggest that the members here are all in a state of fear. I don't think that's the case and I was just clarifying that - or NOT lol - :blush:

I thought I have made myself clear in other threads: Even if John Titor was real, we don't have to accept his "past" as our "future". Even if he is a hoax, what he talked about is definately happening. I am not afraid of the future. I am hopeful that, for whatever reasons, people seem to be waking up. People seem to begin to understand that we aint in Kansas anymore. Maybe it isn't too late - however, in Titor's scenario -it is the waking up that causes the Civil War. We are in the time frame now. I am not for a Civil War . . . but that may be what it takes, eh?

Take your advice? Well, I listen if that is what you mean. I find you a hard read when you are at your brilliant best - but I make my way through it anyway . . .

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches