Ghost Caught on Securtiy Cam at Britain Pub

iknowitall

ghost-Scythe-_2826086c.jpg

Staff at one of Britain's oldest pubs, rumoured to be haunted by an aristocrat executed during the Civil War, believe they have caught a ghost on CCTV.

The footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton on Valentine's Day.

Tony Dooley, the pub's manager, spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had stopped recording at 6.18am.

"I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it has stopped working," he said.

"We checked the footage and it revealed this figure. To be honest I was a bit concerned - I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to ghosts but you become more of a believer when you see things like that."

Video and news story

TnWatchdog

A pub would be a good place to hang out if I was a ghost but if I could see but couldn't drink the beer, I would be pissed too and break the glass.

Khaos

where the wild things are
The area that is zoomed in on, is that a mirror? There is a small, brief flash of light at :24 seconds. From the way the light is, it looks like its be reflected off glass or mirror from the opposite end.

BlastTyrant

Cool video, but what is with all the light contamination? I am going to assume passing cars, but it makes it weird. But the figure is fairly clear i'd like to see a shot during the day

Night Templar

It is interesting, I'll give whoever managed to get a photo of a "real ghost" credit. From all that I can tell, those that think it is a "ghost" and those that don't will make a hard time proving their respective points using this vid. for support,. I really tell much from what I saw .

Carl Miller

Ghosts can be caught on camera. I agree it is too petty jumping into a 'debunking' conclusion on this specific video. Of course it is easy to forge an evidence through various technological means.
Anyway i draw a comparison, a parallel between supposed footages of ghosts and UFO sightings posted on internet. Say 2 out of 10 alleged evidences would be authentic proofs of the mentioned phenomena.
What gives weight to the current video authencity is that old places like the referred pub would contain the so called residue of ectoplasm (from its visitors) accumulated in the course of time.
Some old spots can be 'contaminated' by their residents or clients' energies.
The presence of ectoplasm can trigger apparitions. This is a basic knowledge in Parapsychology.
Ectoplasm can be detected by keen devices.

I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it has stopped working," he said.(the manager)

The video refers to an arisocrat executed during the civil war.
Probably it is about a down to earth entity maybe still dominated by anger who broke into the old pub shattering glass.
He must have somehow aggregated ectoplasm from the place and got his perispirit solidified to the point of being capable of breaking glass.
Once the ghost was tangible materialized enough he could break glass. Perispirit would be the spirit's body- his energy body also called ghost.

Last edited:

Carl Miller

someone tied to the ground acts-perhaps this is not for us it tries to depict an earth bound entity=
They hold up with such voraciousness that they are unable ultimately to leave it all behind.
And the world stay solid for them, and as it stays solid they're caught in it and what one is looking for in a different sense is release from the world.
The ability to let go that people call detachment-they're locked into this material plane.
He's trapped in this world, trapped in time and space, all he knows is the known-and neglects to know-'hell is repetition'-completely trapped and unwilling to accept his reality-wholly entangled in the material.
The reason he's stuck which is a condition of being a prisoner of his ideas. Mostly unwilling to conceptualize that he can go beyond, that he can see a different insight into things. that's it.A real character and has to bear the burden of being able to be ever c0mpetent, wearing a specific mask most appropriate for a particular occasion. He cannot let it go.