Google search fails to find any sign of time travelers

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Time travel is an extraordinarily popular pastime. Or at least it would be if it were possible. Evidently it isn’t, though; as Stephen Hawking once observed, we never encounter any tourists from the future.

context_timetravelparty_youtube.jpg

To make his point, Hawking once held a party for time travelers from the future, but nobody came. Of course, he didn’t post the invitation until after the date of the event, in order that only people from the future would know about it.

So maybe there’s a flaw in Hawking’s experiment, based as it was on deductive logic. After all, it’s easy to come up with explanations for why his invitation went unnoticed. Maybe by the time that time travel is invented, everybody has forgotten about Hawking, or YouTube has gone out of business.

On the other hand, perhaps time travelers just want to keep their existence a secret. But even highly trained supersecret time travel agents might slip up occasionally and accidentally reveal their future origins. Like for instance, by typing Comet ISON into Google before that comet had even been discovered. But even if they did, who would ever know?

Source:
Google search fails to find any sign of time travelers | Science News

HDRKID

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You should gather your predictions all in one spot instead of having them all around the Internet on different forums and blogs.

Maybe start a new prediction thread on here for your predictions only?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If I was a time traveler, I don't think I'd attend such a party though. Looks like a trap or something. I wouldn't be looking for attention.

Futurer

There can be another type of Internet in the future. And not all time travelers can be Americans, they can live in Europe also. The real TT won't reveal himself.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't think time travelers choose the website they post on according to what country they are from. Unless language is an issue. America, Europe, they can all possibly post here if we consider they are to show themselves in the first place.

I agree that a Chinese TT wouldn't post on Paranormalis because yes, language would be a problem. That being said, they could possibly be spotted by Google. Maybe.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I don't think time travelers choose the website they post on according to what country they are from. Unless language is an issue. America, Europe, they can all possibly post here if we consider they are to show themselves in the first place.

I agree that a Chinese TT wouldn't post on Paranormalis because yes, language would be a problem. That being said, they could possibly be spotted by Google. Maybe.

That begs a question. Are there any chinese time travelers? Has anyone ever seen a time traveler on a forum where English is not the primary language?

Futurer

I post my opinion. I am from Europe and I know English because I am studying it.
Just imagine: TT doesn't know English, history and some simple things of our world, but I don't think that such people can survive here even they aren't TTs. Hawking can be right because he thinks that only chosen ones can be TTs,as I understood. But if there are exceptions?
I hope you understand me.

Ayasano

Personally I think that even if there are any time travellers out there on the internet, they won't be revealing themselves. Most likely they're just going on with their day to day lives. Your only real chance of finding one would be for them to slip up, and even then, when you have all of space and time at your disposal, you most likely have the tech to make someone forget they ever saw you. Like I mentioned in the time travel chat, the first thing you do when you invent a time machine is go find the best time machine available, and from there the universe is your oyster. (Just don't go trying to change history, you'll piss off the Inheritors :D )