Ha! There you go!

Heinrich Hundekok

Re: Ha! There you go!

Arh you guessed it! Ok, it was just me :grin:

For a completely unplanned hoax that went off the tracks somewhere around post #3, I think it went sort of ok. All I wanted to do was a short "loop" of replies between Shah and me, beginning and ending nowhere - a shaggy dog story... Shah Guido G. Get it? HEHE! But you guys were way too fast on the keypads, so I had to follow along and play ball.

Anyway all I did was build up a story on the basis of your questions. You know.... the time travel dog-suit came out of nowhere when, i think, Starlord started talking about a strait-jacket. And so on. If you hadn't given me all those fresh input to work with , my story would probably have been pretty lame.

I suppose the point or moral in this story is - don't give supposedly TT'ers anything to work with. Everytime we ask in on something specific, we give the (assumed) (poorly prepared, desperate) hoaxer inspiration on how to continue his or hers story.
This is how many clairvoyants work too, they let the subject talk and then they base their predictions on that. The people who try to debunk supposedly clairvoyants always make sure not to respond to the clairvoyants inquiries, and this usually is what gives them away. They cant predict a thing if you don't talk to them or "follow along". (Im NOT trying to stir up a fight here, just mentioning a simple fact, right?).

:dry: ...

But on the other hand, it's so tempting to ask questions to a TT'er. Maby we could come up with some sort of "neutral" standard-questions, that wouldn't give the TT'er anything to grab on to and base their story on?

H.H.

Heinrich Hundekok

Jim says:

BTW H.H., Chronodynamicly acurate Hoax.

Hmmm... Wow. didn't even think about it - as I said, it was totally unplanned.

Anyway I find the idea of time travel beeing invented in our recent past much more fascinating than the typical futuristic tale we often hear in this forum.
By letting the time traveler come from the past you get to have a much cooler time machine: I'm talking about a machine made with copper-tubes and riveted tanks, brass dashboards with ivory knobs and knive switches on them, bakelite-cased electronics with radio-tubes sticking out. Lots of levers and switches and valves everywhere. Aaaahhh!! :p

Just imagine H. G. Wells time machine standing there, sending out odours of oiled leather and ebony into the small workshop. Like an old steam-engine or a big clockwork. Much cooler! Definitely muuch cooler!

What me? A romantic? Certainly NOT! :)

H.H.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Heinrich Hundekok\")</div>
Jim says:

Hmmm... Wow. didn't even think about it - as I said, it was totally unplanned.

Anyway I find the idea of time travel beeing invented in our recent past much more fascinating than the typical futuristic tale we often hear in this forum.
By letting the time traveler come from the past you get to have a much cooler time machine: I'm talking about a machine made with copper-tubes and riveted tanks, brass dashboards with ivory knobs and knive switches on them, bakelite-cased electronics with radio-tubes sticking out. Lots of levers and switches and valves everywhere. Aaaahhh!! :p

Just imagine H. G. Wells time machine standing there, sending out odours of oiled leather and ebony into the small workshop. Like an old steam-engine or a big clockwork. Much cooler! Definitely muuch cooler!

What me? A romantic? Certainly NOT! :)

H.H.[/b]

Also, coming from the past frees you from the burden of prediction.

Lucidus

Arh you guessed it! Ok, it was just me :grin:

For a completely unplanned hoax that went off the tracks somewhere around post #3, I think it went sort of ok. All I wanted to do was a short \"loop\" of replies between Shah and me, beginning and ending nowhere - a shaggy dog story... Shah Guido G. Get it? HEHE! But you guys were way too fast on the keypads, so I had to follow along and play ball.

Anyway all I did was build up a story on the basis of your questions. You know.... the time travel dog-suit came out of nowhere when, i think, Starlord started talking about a strait-jacket. And so on. If you hadn't given me all those fresh input to work with , my story would probably have been pretty lame.

I suppose the point or moral in this story is - don't give supposedly TT'ers anything to work with. Everytime we ask in on something specific, we give the (assumed) (poorly prepared, desperate) hoaxer inspiration on how to continue his or hers story.
This is how many clairvoyants work too, they let the subject talk and then they base their predictions on that. The people who try to debunk supposedly clairvoyants always make sure not to respond to the clairvoyants inquiries, and this usually is what gives them away. They cant predict a thing if you don't talk to them or \"follow along\". (Im NOT trying to stir up a fight here, just mentioning a simple fact, right?).

:dry: ...

But on the other hand, it's so tempting to ask questions to a TT'er. Maby we could come up with some sort of \"neutral\" standard-questions, that wouldn't give the TT'er anything to grab on to and base their story on?

H.H.[/b]

You're right about this. We do need to delevop some nuetral questions that will not give the hoaxer anything to work with. You tale of of a time traveler using a suit made of dog fur was certainly original. Also, I liked the way you peppered your post with German words. I thought that was a nice touch.

Heinrich Hundekok

Lucidus,

Yes, no predictions once your'e from the past. Any inquiry can be solved with google!!! :lol:

BTW. I want to come clean about my sources. I took the name Shah Guido G. from an old Arthur C. Clarke story. The TNT-thing is from a sci-fi story as well, I just can't remember where I found it. I've ploughed through my sci-fi dictionary in order to find it, but without any result.

And regarding those "neutral questions"...
Don't you think someone, say like the police or some other organisation, have come up with a set of general guidelines on how to avoid the "subject" to just build his story up on the questions asked? Surely this must be a common problem in all cases where you want to extrude a few drops of truth from a non-trustworthy person.

Any suggestions?

H.H.

Lucidus

Lucidus,

Yes, no predictions once your'e from the past. Any inquiry can be solved with google!!! :lol:

BTW. I want to come clean about my sources. I took the name Shah Guido G. from an old Arthur C. Clarke story. The TNT-thing is from a sci-fi story as well, I just can't remember where I found it. I've ploughed through my sci-fi dictionary in order to find it, but without any result.

And regarding those \"neutral questions\"...
Don't you think someone, say like the police or some other organisation, have come up with a set of general guidelines on how to avoid the \"subject\" to just build his story up on the questions asked? Surely this must be a common problem in all cases where you want to extrude a few drops of truth from a non-trustworthy person.

Any suggestions?

H.H.[/b]

So Authur C. Clark came up with that Shaggy dog pun?

As far as the questions to ask, I believe that this forum has an official form for TT to fill out. Haven't seen it used in a while though. This is a good format because the form really gives them nothing, it is just general info.

astralsailor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
So Authur C. Clark came up with that Shaggy dog pun?

As far as the questions to ask, I believe that this forum has an official form for TT to fill out. Haven't seen it used in a while though. This is a good format because the form really gives them nothing, it is just general info.[/b]

Wow cool i think i now know what i will make my comic about :D
these storys :) weeee.... keep posting :)

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"astralsailor\")</div>
Wow cool i think i now know what i will make my comic about :D
these storys :) weeee.... keep posting :)[/b]

Cool. Just keep reading, I am sure that we will have some more creative hoaxes very soon. I personally am putting the finishing touches on mine right now. I should be able to present it very soon.