Haunted Bedroom??

Shapeshifter

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here is quite some time, sorry to have been so absent.

Anyway I have been having some strange occurrences in my bedroom as of late.

First about a week ago I had bumped a small glass container (1/2 ounce bottle) off of my nightstand while turning on the light. I only heard it hit the floor. Once the light was on I picked it up and put it back and then turned off the light again (I had only turned it on to see if my cat was in the room trying to get into the bed, he is old and needs help sometimes, I had thought I had heard him but he wasn't there). After I turned the light back off I heard a crazy popping and glass shattering noise. I turned the light on and did not at first see anything to have caused that noise. But then I noticed my glass cup (very thick glass) that had water in it (sitting on the ground under the nightstand) had some pieces of glass broken off of the rim that had traveled some distance around the glass with pieces strewn on the floor around it. I picked them up and put them inside the cup and then moved it to the other side of the night stand. I assumed that the little glass bottle had hit the glass cup and caused it to break (albeit with some delay). But I still felt a bit shaken up by the incidence. Still I turned the light back off so that I could go back to sleep (it was late and I was very tired). But as soon as I turned the light off I heard the noise again, louder this time. And so back on with the light, I went to inspect the cup that I had moved and did not notice any more pieces of glass anywhere but assumed that they had fallen into the cup itself and not outside of it. I then took the cup into the kitchen to dispose of it, emptying out the water first before putting it into a paper bag and then into the kitchen garbage. The places that had broken off were at different sides of the glass around the rim of it and so I figured the (assumed) hit from the bottle had caused a stress fracture that caused it break in different places with some delays but still it looked odd because it didn't continue along one line around the glass, instead it looked like it had be hit in different places (not in one spot at once). Still I figured I just didn't know how it happened and so how to explain so I went back to bed. Soon after I turned the light out I heard one more loud pop from the kitchen. I actually got up and went to check the glass that I had put in the bag and in the garbage to see if something had changed in it but it did not appear that way. So I went back to bed and this time was undisturbed the rest of the night. I showed my boyfriend (who had not happened to stay over that night) the glass in the morning, fishing it once again from the trash. He thought it was very odd and could not explain it either.

I didn't think about it again. But yesterday morning, at around 5.30 I got up to feed my cat who frequently wakes us early to feed him and we do it because he's a very old cat and I want him to be comfortable. Anyway I got up and fed him and came back in my room (boyfriend sound asleep on the other side of the bed) to find the top drawer of my nightstand pulled completely open. I know it was shut when I got up because if it hadn't been it would have been in my way as my bed is on the floor and the nightstand is at about eye level when getting out of bed and would have hit me in the face basically. And I never keep it open because of it's being in the way to getting in and out of bed. So I closed it and went back to sleep but told my boyfriend in the morning who was a little freaked out by this because he was certain he did not touch it.

Another unusual thing about that part of the room (which has been going on ever since I moved in about 5 or more years ago) is that there is this storage closet (I am in the top floor apartment of a house and so I have slanted walls where the roof stoops) that has a very small door about 3 feet high (that is as high as the wall goes on that side of the room) and has a little latch on the outside of it to close and open it. Well it is frequently found ajar when I always keep it close. A few times I actually saw it open on it's own but when I did I had noticed that someone else in the apartment had just opened or closed the bathroom door and so I thought that somehow there was a connection and that a kind of pressure was created or wind in the house (in the walls) that caused this to happen, so I dismissed it. But lately I find it open so often (a few inches or more) and we did an experiment opening and closing the bathroom door (which is on the other side of the apartment and actually does not share any walls with the bedroom) and it did nothing to the door in the room. Furthermore we mostly keep the bathroom door open because the cat's litter box is in there. So lately I have (we have both) noticed it open without explanation. It has a latch that you have to TURN in order for it to open at all. So it doesn't really make any sense.

Another thing is noises on top of the roof, like a scurrying (ONLY over top the bedroom portion of the roof, so just above my ceiling where there is in fact an unfinished small attic I have never been inside of). I always assumed it to be squirrels but others who have stayed over (esp. when I wasn't there while cat/house sitting) have been quite spooked by the noise. And this morning when we heard it we really weren't sure anymore what it was.

One other time (and I posted about this here) I distinctly felt a FINGER touching my back while in bed (NOT asleep!) and there was no one there and not my cat either. It sent shivers all through me and my end standing on end with goosebumps on my skin. I also sometimes feel like my cat is walking on my bed and SWEAR I feel him only to find him NOT there and nobody there.

Recently I set up a crystal grid on my nightstand as protection but it's been after that that the glass incident and the drawer incident happened. So I am wondering if I somehow inadvertently amped things up.

Has anyone had any similar experiences, thoughts, suggestions, advice?

Thank you!!
Shapeshifter

IroncladMarshmallow

As soon as I read "I then took the cup into the kitchen to dispose of it", I heard something fall in my kitchen. No idea what it was. Haha. Freaky! :D

My browser crashed twice while trying to read this thread, but that's because Google Chrome is the buggiest piece of software I've ever used (aside from Android).

Have you or anyone else used a Ouija board in the house or apartment?

Shapeshifter

Oh wow, that is weird! :) (And yes I try not to use Google anything anymore, a bunch of crooked spying bastards! :) I use Safari with tracking blocker add on and that seems to work well.

Actually now that you mention it, about a year or so ago I got interested in trying out a Ouija board and made my own. It didn't seem to 'work' though and I eventually disposed of it. I actually used to keep it right next to that dresser in that part of the room!!! Yikes!! (the closet door however always did the thing where it opened on it's own, before the Ouija board). I have also done Tarot cards and pendulum stuff in that part of the room. I would have never made that connection, that's for bringing that up. Any suggestions?

I was feeling like it's not a malevolent force but my boyfriend said to that 'umm, breaking glass??' So I am not sure. LOL.

I have frequently burned sage in the room to try to clear it and that's also why I set up the crystal grid where I did but as I said the drawer opening and the glass breaking happened AFTER I set up the crystals in that spot. Any ideas as to what that means?

I am hoping to move out of this apartment for other reasons (crappy landlords for one) but also possibly out of the area, but it may be a few months or longer before I can arrange that. So need to figure out what to do until then.

Btw, we tried moving the bed to a different spot and the nightstand (really the only other way to orient it in my small bedroom) but neither of us could sleep on the bed turned that way. And my cat especially, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. So we had to move everything back. :)

Thanks for the response!

IroncladMarshmallow

Oh wow, that is weird! :) (And yes I try not to use Google anything anymore, a bunch of crooked spying bastards! :) I use Safari with tracking blocker add on and that seems to work well.

Actually now that you mention it, about a year or so ago I got interested in trying out a Ouija board and made my own. It didn't seem to 'work' though and I eventually disposed of it. I actually used to keep it right next to that dresser in that part of the room!!! Yikes!! (the closet door however always did the thing where it opened on it's own, before the Ouija board). I have also done Tarot cards and pendulum stuff in that part of the room. I would have never made that connection, that's for bringing that up. Any suggestions?

I was feeling like it's not a malevolent force but my boyfriend said to that 'umm, breaking glass??' So I am not sure. LOL.

I have frequently burned sage in the room to try to clear it and that's also why I set up the crystal grid where I did but as I said the drawer opening and the glass breaking happened AFTER I set up the crystals in that spot. Any ideas as to what that means?

I am hoping to move out of this apartment for other reasons (crappy landlords for one) but also possibly out of the area, but it may be a few months or longer before I can arrange that. So need to figure out what to do until then.

Btw, we tried moving the bed to a different spot and the nightstand (really the only other way to orient it in my small bedroom) but neither of us could sleep on the bed turned that way. And my cat especially, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. So we had to move everything back. :)

Thanks for the response!
I'm going to speculate some here, so take it with a grain of salt.

Chances are the place was haunted before you moved in. A non-malevolent spirit usually won't intentionally do stuff unless you initiate contact. Since you had a Ouija board before, that's basically sending an invitation for communication. It sounds like they're trying to get your attention. For what reason I can't say.

There's another thing, regarding the glass being in the same place as the crystals & Ouija board had been. Have you ever done clairvoyant readings? The reason I ask is because I used to, and clarity of visions developed over time with practice. At first it was really hard to focus and tell objects apart. I'm wondering if ghosts have the same problem sometimes. A glass bottle might look similar to crystals if you can't focus well enough.

I've never heard of Tarot causing any problems, but people always warn against casual use of Ouija boards because you don't always know who is on the other side.

There are ways of getting rid of spirits, but I usually reserve them for the downright evil ones. If the ghost isn't causing any problems, I wouldn't suggest going to war with it. You can always ask it to leave. Sounds cheesy, I know.

Shapeshifter

Thanks for the response!

Chances are the place was haunted before you moved in. A non-malevolent spirit usually won't intentionally do stuff unless you initiate contact. Since you had a Ouija board before, that's basically sending an invitation for communication. It sounds like they're trying to get your attention. For what reason I can't say.

There's another thing, regarding the glass being in the same place as the crystals & Ouija board had been. Have you ever done clairvoyant readings? The reason I ask is because I used to, and clarity of visions developed over time with practice. At first it was really hard to focus and tell objects apart. I'm wondering if ghosts have the same problem sometimes. A glass bottle might look similar to crystals if you can't focus well enough.

I've never heard of Tarot causing any problems, but people always warn against casual use of Ouija boards because you don't always know who is on the other side.

There are ways of getting rid of spirits, but I usually reserve them for the downright evil ones. If the ghost isn't causing any problems, I wouldn't suggest going to war with it. You can always ask it to leave. Sounds cheesy, I know.

Thank you! This is helpful and I think makes sense. I don't call myself clairvoyant but I have had several dreams about things happening that then came to pass (often about other people). So I think I have some psychic abilities but not developed enough to know when a dream is a premonition and when it isn't. So I can understand that analogy. I have also astral traveled and the more I practiced that the better I got at controlling the experience so I can relate from that standpoint as well since sometimes when astral I could not clearly see my surroundings and sometimes I could.

I realize I should not have casually messed with Quija, I didn't mean for it to be that way at the time. I was really seeking guidance but I had not tried it before and was embarrassed to ask anyone to try it with me. But like I said it did not seem to do anything, but perhaps I just did not take note of anything happening or had a expectations about what that communication would be like (specifically movement on the board in terms of spelling something out). I think you are right that it was already haunted but now is trying to communicate since I invited it. My boyfriend thinks it's trying to say something but neither of us knows what.

Good advice also on a course of action. I can see what you mean about trying to aggressively rid myself/the house of it as that may initiate a kind of fight. I wonder already if setting up crystals and smudging is being viewed this way. So I will try to do what you say and just kindly ask it to leave/back off. :)

I actually had another intention for the crystals and that was as protection from microwave radiation which I am very much inundated with in this residence (neighbors who won't turn off wifi even for sleeping and also microwave ovens in the building and smart meters on it, I use my cell phone now only for emergencies as it's been disturbing my body/energy field too much, as I am very sensitive to those frequencies, I have a hard time getting a good night sleep where there is wifi on for example and cannot tolerate the feeling of having a cellphone anywhere near my body). I don't know how much they were helping though in that respect so I might as well remove them or maybe remove, cleanse, then recharge with another intention of having peace with the ghost? :)

Thanks again for your interest and advice, very much appreciated! :)

IroncladMarshmallow

Thanks for the response!

Thank you! This is helpful and I think makes sense. I don't call myself clairvoyant but I have had several dreams about things happening that then came to pass (often about other people). So I think I have some psychic abilities but not developed enough to know when a dream is a premonition and when it isn't. So I can understand that analogy. I have also astral traveled and the more I practiced that the better I got at controlling the experience so I can relate from that standpoint as well since sometimes when astral I could not clearly see my surroundings and sometimes I could.

I realize I should not have casually messed with Quija, I didn't mean for it to be that way at the time. I was really seeking guidance but I had not tried it before and was embarrassed to ask anyone to try it with me. But like I said it did not seem to do anything, but perhaps I just did not take note of anything happening or had a expectations about what that communication would be like (specifically movement on the board in terms of spelling something out). I think you are right that it was already haunted but now is trying to communicate since I invited it. My boyfriend thinks it's trying to say something but neither of us knows what.

Good advice also on a course of action. I can see what you mean about trying to aggressively rid myself/the house of it as that may initiate a kind of fight. I wonder already if setting up crystals and smudging is being viewed this way. So I will try to do what you say and just kindly ask it to leave/back off. :)

I actually had another intention for the crystals and that was as protection from microwave radiation which I am very much inundated with in this residence (neighbors who won't turn off wifi even for sleeping and also microwave ovens in the building and smart meters on it, I use my cell phone now only for emergencies as it's been disturbing my body/energy field too much, as I am very sensitive to those frequencies, I have a hard time getting a good night sleep where there is wifi on for example and cannot tolerate the feeling of having a cellphone anywhere near my body). I don't know how much they were helping though in that respect so I might as well remove them or maybe remove, cleanse, then recharge with another intention of having peace with the ghost? :)

No problem, I hope things work out well.

That's interesting about the microwaves. Perhaps that's why I've had trouble sleeping lately, as I've been using my phone a lot. I never even considered it.

The way I see it, billions of people have died throughout human history, so the earth probably has a pretty big ghost population. I can only guess what they do, like going about their day like they did in life. The important thing is that they're probably as varied in their personalities and actions as people who are alive. There are a very small number (as percentage) who are genuinely evil, and I expect the same is true of ghosts. Of course I'm just guessing.

Evil spirits certainly do exist, and I've encountered some. But in such cases you don't have to guess if they're bad, because it's pretty obvious.

Shapeshifter

That's interesting about the microwaves. Perhaps that's why I've had trouble sleeping lately, as I've been using my phone a lot. I never even considered it.

The way I see it, billions of people have died throughout human history, so the earth probably has a pretty big ghost population. I can only guess what they do, like going about their day like they did in life. The important thing is that they're probably as varied in their personalities and actions as people who are alive. There are a very small number (as percentage) who are genuinely evil, and I expect the same is true of ghosts. Of course I'm just guessing.

Evil spirits certainly do exist, and I've encountered some. But in such cases you don't have to guess if they're bad, because it's pretty obvious.

Yes there are a lot of ways microwaves can cause harm and one is sleep interference (the frequencies are similar to leaving the lights on and interfering with melatonin production, but unlike light you can't see them). If you live in close proximity to a cell tower that can really mess with your sleep (a lot of us do live close to them now that they are practically everywhere). And that is emitting microwaves 24-7. You can try turning your phone off at night (or at least put it on airplane mode if you need the alarm), turning off wifi (if you have it) and unplugging the microwave oven (if you have one of those, apparently the emit even while not turned on but just plugged in) and see if those things help. A lot of people aren't aware of this because the mobile communications industries make a fortune so work hard to keep the info as much under wraps as possible and work to stop citizens who protest against having towers near there homes or at schools and hospitals. It's all very corrupt (the industry). I know people who were sleeping with wifi routers right next to the top of their beds! (Before they found out it could harm them, it can cause different cancers over time with prolonged exposure). See if those changes help at all. (And maybe limiting your time on the phone, I use a landline now, well internet phone via cable modem and reserve my cell for emergencies, it's helped my life in other ways besides physical health as I have cut that distraction from my life :)).

Yes, probably a lot of souls wandering around. Some lost maybe, not knowing they are dead or that they have power to move away from the house they used to live in (not able to let go of this life still). But you are right, if it was evil I would probably know already! :) And I am very sensitive to energies so I would definitely feel it! (And my cat should feel it and he sleeps on my bed all of the time, it's his favorite spot! Maybe he likes the spirit that is there!) :) But I think this house is a 'sick house' as in lots of mold and dirty electricity and dust, so that's a big reason (apart from hauntings) that I am trying to get out. I lived in a house in Ireland that was truly haunted and that did spook me out a lot but that was also not an evil force I don't think, but very mischievous and liking to play games. (That what the fairies do there.) When I started talking to neighbors about it they all said oh, yes of course that house has a ghost(s), very matter of fact. (they all knew! But didn't bother to tell me that when I went to rent it!). In that case it was noises waking me anytime I was alone in the house (and sometimes when I was awake already, trying to get to bed). As soon as the lights went out the noises would start. Some loud thumps like something falling off of something. And others sounded like a ping pong ball going down the stairs (only way I can describe it). Each time I turned the lights on and went to investigate I would find no physical evidence of anything that could have caused the noises. It was very disconcerting at the time being alone like that out in the dark countryside in another country. :) But the worst part was when I actually thought I felt something pass through me (and vibrate while it did) early one morning while sitting up in bed and then I actually SAW a blue light moving through the room and out the door after it passed through me (or maybe just touched me or something). THAT was it for me, I was ready to move out! (and I did shortly after). But that's the only other time I dealt with hauntings and the only I time I actually SAW something like that.

All very interesting stuff for sure. But I don't have any doubts about afterlife and spirits. And my brother has seen ghosts (full personages) at least three times in his life. :) So maybe runs in the family. :)

IroncladMarshmallow

Yes there are a lot of ways microwaves can cause harm and one is sleep interference (the frequencies are similar to leaving the lights on and interfering with melatonin production, but unlike light you can't see them). If you live in close proximity to a cell tower that can really mess with your sleep (a lot of us do live close to them now that they are practically everywhere). And that is emitting microwaves 24-7. You can try turning your phone off at night (or at least put it on airplane mode if you need the alarm), turning off wifi (if you have it) and unplugging the microwave oven (if you have one of those, apparently the emit even while not turned on but just plugged in) and see if those things help. A lot of people aren't aware of this because the mobile communications industries make a fortune so work hard to keep the info as much under wraps as possible and work to stop citizens who protest against having towers near there homes or at schools and hospitals. It's all very corrupt (the industry). I know people who were sleeping with wifi routers right next to the top of their beds! (Before they found out it could harm them, it can cause different cancers over time with prolonged exposure). See if those changes help at all. (And maybe limiting your time on the phone, I use a landline now, well internet phone via cable modem and reserve my cell for emergencies, it's helped my life in other ways besides physical health as I have cut that distraction from my life :)).

Yes, probably a lot of souls wandering around. Some lost maybe, not knowing they are dead or that they have power to move away from the house they used to live in (not able to let go of this life still). But you are right, if it was evil I would probably know already! :) And I am very sensitive to energies so I would definitely feel it! (And my cat should feel it and he sleeps on my bed all of the time, it's his favorite spot! Maybe he likes the spirit that is there!) :) But I think this house is a 'sick house' as in lots of mold and dirty electricity and dust, so that's a big reason (apart from hauntings) that I am trying to get out. I lived in a house in Ireland that was truly haunted and that did spook me out a lot but that was also not an evil force I don't think, but very mischievous and liking to play games. (That what the fairies do there.) When I started talking to neighbors about it they all said oh, yes of course that house has a ghost(s), very matter of fact. (they all knew! But didn't bother to tell me that when I went to rent it!). In that case it was noises waking me anytime I was alone in the house (and sometimes when I was awake already, trying to get to bed). As soon as the lights went out the noises would start. Some loud thumps like something falling off of something. And others sounded like a ping pong ball going down the stairs (only way I can describe it). Each time I turned the lights on and went to investigate I would find no physical evidence of anything that could have caused the noises. It was very disconcerting at the time being alone like that out in the dark countryside in another country. :) But the worst part was when I actually thought I felt something pass through me (and vibrate while it did) early one morning while sitting up in bed and then I actually SAW a blue light moving through the room and out the door after it passed through me (or maybe just touched me or something). THAT was it for me, I was ready to move out! (and I did shortly after). But that's the only other time I dealt with hauntings and the only I time I actually SAW something like that.

All very interesting stuff for sure. But I don't have any doubts about afterlife and spirits. And my brother has seen ghosts (full personages) at least three times in his life. :) So maybe runs in the family. :)
Thanks for the info regarding microwaves. Unfortunately my only internet access is through my phone, so I'd have to cut down on that. Harder than it sounds. :D

That's creepy about the place in Ireland. Nice neighbors! Haha

IroncladMarshmallow

PS- sorry you dealt with an evil spirit, that's very scary! Did you write about it here anywhere?
No, it was many years ago. I haven't been on this site very long. It was terrifying at the time. Definitely not something I'd want to go through again. Basically dealing with someone who was surrounded and sometimes possessed by evil spirits. Got physically "attacked" by something unseen, but it wasn't enough to really hurt me. Was like something invisible punching a chakra or something. Hard to explain, but the physical feeling was real. Also, the building in which this occurred eventually had an overpowering stench not unlike sewage, but without any plumbing problems or anything. It also felt eerie just being there.

I made it through the stuff and ended up studying ways to beat them. Haven't had trouble since. Oh, and I prayed. lol

Last edited: