Haunted Bedroom??

Shapeshifter

Yeah, the program is really easy to use. There's a list of frequencies right on the main window, and you just double-click them to change it. It should be free to download, as it has been for as long as I've been aware of the software.

Sulfur or gas smells are questionable, but an ammonia smell? I've never heard of that associated with spirits, but that doesn't mean anything. The main reason I don't jump to conclusions about the smell is because you mentioned it corresponded to new neighbors moving in. Never underestimate how strongly neighbors can smell. :D If you're comfortable meeting them, friendly conversion may be able to clear things up, but not necessarily. That's entirely up to you, obviously.

I'm no dream expert, but it could just be that you've been thinking about the situation more lately. Although if you think about it, a psychic imprint in an object would be similar to the imprint made in the material to make a statue. Probably just the mind's way of interpreting it.

If there's the slightest chance of a gas leak, don't take any chances. Get it checked out if possible. I think it's always best to investigate non-paranormal possibilities first, just because they're more common.

Whether you're able to do a ritual or not, throwing the items away will put plenty of distance between them and you, and they'll eventually be destroyed at the landfill. Moving would probably do a lot of good, but I know that's not always practical. I view it as a sort of reset for the mind when we find ourselves in new surroundings. When we're in the same place as before, our mind links our present perceptions to our past memories in that place, even if only subconsciously.

The fact that things have been improving indicates that you should do just fine. I'm sure all this will fade in time. :)

Thank you! I did get rid of the stuff and cleaned out my closet and found other types of reminders that I got rid of and I cleaned the apartment again. Sleep has been better and there hasn't been anything weird lately. Found out that others in the building have smelled the gas occasionally. I pin pointed it to the heating vents and smelling it when the heat comes on after it's been off. Same report from neighbors. We told the landlords but only thing we can do is call the gas company and they would turn off our heat till we can have plumbers look at it. It seems okay now so we are holding off as it's very cold out now and the gas smell has been rare and not long lasting. :)

Thanks for all of your input and advice, I really appreciate it! I am looking into that program again today. When I looked it did not seem to be free, but maybe that was just the Mac version. Will check again, thanks!
S

Shapeshifter

Yeah, the program is really easy to use. There's a list of frequencies right on the main window, and you just double-click them to change it. It should be free to download, as it has been for as long as I've been aware of the software.

Sulfur or gas smells are questionable, but an ammonia smell? I've never heard of that associated with spirits, but that doesn't mean anything. The main reason I don't jump to conclusions about the smell is because you mentioned it corresponded to new neighbors moving in. Never underestimate how strongly neighbors can smell. :D If you're comfortable meeting them, friendly conversion may be able to clear things up, but not necessarily. That's entirely up to you, obviously.

I'm no dream expert, but it could just be that you've been thinking about the situation more lately. Although if you think about it, a psychic imprint in an object would be similar to the imprint made in the material to make a statue. Probably just the mind's way of interpreting it.

If there's the slightest chance of a gas leak, don't take any chances. Get it checked out if possible. I think it's always best to investigate non-paranormal possibilities first, just because they're more common.

Whether you're able to do a ritual or not, throwing the items away will put plenty of distance between them and you, and they'll eventually be destroyed at the landfill. Moving would probably do a lot of good, but I know that's not always practical. I view it as a sort of reset for the mind when we find ourselves in new surroundings. When we're in the same place as before, our mind links our present perceptions to our past memories in that place, even if only subconsciously.

The fact that things have been improving indicates that you should do just fine. I'm sure all this will fade in time. :)

Thank you! I did get rid of the stuff and cleaned out my closet and found other types of reminders that I got rid of and I cleaned the apartment again. Sleep has been better and there hasn't been anything weird lately. Found out that others in the building have smelled the gas occasionally. I pin pointed it to the heating vents and smelling it when the heat comes on after it's been off. Same report from neighbors. We told the landlords but only thing we can do is call the gas company and they would turn off our heat till we can have plumbers look at it. It seems okay now so we are holding off as it's very cold out now and the gas smell has been rare and not long lasting. :)

Thanks for all of your input and advice, I really appreciate it! I am looking into that program again today. When I looked it did not seem to be free, but maybe that was just the Mac version. Will check again, thanks!
S
Update, I just downloaded the tone generator, the free trial version and I got it working. Problem is now that I can't do anything with it unless I buy, apparently the trial version only lasts a few hours? I can't even close or quit the program without purchasing! This is very unusual… :(

IroncladMarshmallow

S
Update, I just downloaded the tone generator, the free trial version and I got it working. Problem is now that I can't do anything with it unless I buy, apparently the trial version only lasts a few hours? I can't even close or quit the program without purchasing! This is very unusual… :(
I have the PC version, so I'll see if I can make a sound file and upload it. There's no need to waste money on such a program, especially when the version I have was free. It may be later today when I do it, but I'll let you know when it's done.

It's just a suggestion anyway. If you're already sleeping well, it may not be needed. :)

IroncladMarshmallow

Also, it's good that you were able to figure out what was going on with the smell. It's freezing everywhere right now, so hopefully that all turns out alright.

Shapeshifter

Than

S
I have the PC version, so I'll see if I can make a sound file and upload it. There's no need to waste money on such a program, especially when the version I have was free. It may be later today when I do it, but I'll let you know when it's done.

It's just a suggestion anyway. If you're already sleeping well, it may not be needed. :)
Thank you! That would be awesome if you could do that! I would still like to try it out and have it on during the day as I deal with combatting other unhealthy frequencies around me. I am still not getting the most restful sleep. It's better, but I am waking tired still to some degree. Last night I ended up with some bad dreams again only to discover our door to the faraday cage had come open again. So after it was shut properly it was fine. So I would still like to try it at night. I finally got the program to close but I cannot even try it again more than I have without purchase, it may be because of the Mac version. So let me know if you are able to create a file. As you are right, not worth buying a whole program over. :) Thanks!

Something that has helped me sleep is to use a tone generator on a computer to make a constant 7.83Hz frequency sine wave and let it play on some headphones.
Funny, I was going to say, "Isn't the Schumann resonance 7.83 Hz (which I believe is supposed to be changing)?" Not only from watching the anime Lain, but from reading up on it, too.

In my teenage years I created a series of binaural bears that spanned the alpha, theta and delta brain wave frequencies. I don't know if anyone would be interested here, but it didn't use tones: it was more of a "wavering waterfall" effect. Rather pleasant to listen to.

At the time I think my computer had actual Soundblaster support, and the program I used to make the programs produced .voc files. The computer also apparently had a wide stereo separation, and the effect I got from the files was enormous. I've been trying to find a sound card that could do the same ever since.

Anyway, alpha was okay, theta was cool, and delta was really trippy ... or at least that's the way I remember it. I still occasionally use them as grey noise to help me get restful sleep.

I hesitated a while ago on getting a Neurophone tuned to the Schumann resonance. Do you have any experience with these kinds of frequencies?

Last edited:

Shapeshifter

Something that has helped me sleep is to use a tone generator on a computer to make a constant 7.83Hz frequency sine wave and let it play on some headphones.
Funny, I was going to say, "Isn't the Schumann resonance 7.83 Hz (which I believe is supposed to be changing)?" Not only from watching the anime Lain, but from reading up on it, too.

In my teenage years I created a series of binaural bears that spanned the alpha, theta and delta brain wave frequencies. I don't know if anyone would be interested here, but it didn't use tones: it was more of a "wavering waterfall" effect. Rather pleasant to listen to.

At the time I think my computer had actual Soundblaster support, and the program I used to make the programs produced .voc files. The computer also apparently had a wide stereo separation, and the effect I got from the files was enormous. I've been trying to find a sound card that could do the same ever since.

Anyway, alpha was okay, theta was cool, and delta was really trippy ... or at least that's the way I remember it. I still occasionally use them as grey noise to help me get restful sleep.

I hesitated a while ago on getting a Neurophone tuned to the Schumann resonance. Do you have any experience with these kinds of frequencies?
Hi ED, thanks for sharing. I heard that the Schumann resonance (yes 7.83 HZ) is supposed to be changing too, I don't know. :) I have tried the binaural beats as well and have had some interesting experiences, thanks for the reminder on that, I might try some of that again. Delta would put me to sleep but I couldn't stay asleep if I continued listening to it, it was interesting. I just used headphones to listen, no fancy stereo systems here. :) I don't really have too much experience with the Schumann resonance that's why I want to try it, want to get a file that is only the resonance (and not music over top like I am finding everywhere, which is fine for some of the day, but not at night when trying to sleep with it, I get easily distracted by any kind of music). :)

Shapeshifter

Incidentally, IM, I have now been able to notice a part of the house that is unusually cold at times. We are in a small apartment and the heating system works quite well, it's often too warm in here. But there is a spot, where I sit to use the computer actually (or watch movies etc) where I just get so cold and it's not just from sitting, it's a cold feeling in the air, that is quite pronounced in this one spot, pretty close to where the rotten egg smell was happening. I noticed it in particular the other day after we had just had the windows all replaced (landlords finally replace our very old very drafty windows that you could not open most of the time) and suddenly it was very drafty and freezing in this one spot and I thought are any of the windows open? (it was cold out), but no, they weren't and there was no draft around any of them as they are very good insulated windows. So i just couldn't figure it out. I feel it now, this one spot, very cold. My partner gets cold sitting in this spot too sometimes and he is not one to get cold easily. I don't know maybe there is a physical explanation in regards to the house design that I don't know about. As to the gas smell, it has been better, and I found out some neighbors had smelled it to and it was just when the furnace was firing up, now they have a filter and it seems better but I did let the landlords know etc. Good advice to look for other reasons than paranormal in a case like gas smells. :)

IroncladMarshmallow

I'm sorry, I keep running into technical problems trying to convert from WAV to MP3. The computer I'm using is old and glitchy. I'll keep trying to get it figured out as time permits, but it may be a while. :confused: