Hello everyone

Astra_Jingga

Hello.

First thing first, allow me to express my gratitude for being admitted into the forum, and I'd also like to thank @Num7 for welcoming me.

Please also allow me to introduce myself; you can call me Astra (not my real name), a native Indonesian Sundanese and currently live in West Java, Java Island, Indonesia. English isn't my first language; my apology if you think my English is rather funny.

If any of you ever wondered about my name (Astra_Jingga), please rest assured it has nothing to do with something 'Astral' or such-as it actually taken as is from the name of a character in traditional Sundanese puppet show of Wayang Golek.

Astra Jingga is a funny and silly recurring protagonist support character in that show, and one of my most favourite characters there.

I have been interested in paranormal phenomenon since I was a little kid.
I grew up in an old house from colonial era, with a number of magical items belonged to my late grandfather also stored there in the same house, also with a mother who (allegedly) summoned forth a supernatural entity in one midnight during her teen age in a room, in that house.

It's no wonder that my experiences so far leaned heavily toward paranormal activities involving hauntings, ghostly sightings, possessions, etc, with some direct experiences involving 'they from the other side' attacked me.

I am not however, a ghost hunter, priest, shaman, or something similar. I'm just a simple normal person who always loves to read paranormal accounts from people all over the globe and perhaps-if allowed, giving an opinion or two. Please understand however, that due to me coming from a totally different cultural background with you, that I might suggest things that sound weird.

Thank you again for having me, also thank you for reading this.

Salam,
Astra

Wind7

Staff
Hello.

First thing first, allow me to express my gratitude for being admitted into the forum, and I'd also like to thank @Num7 for welcoming me.

Please also allow me to introduce myself; you can call me Astra (not my real name), a native Indonesian Sundanese and currently live in West Java, Java Island, Indonesia. English isn't my first language; my apology if you think my English is rather funny.

If any of you ever wondered about my name (Astra_Jingga), please rest assured it has nothing to do with something 'Astral' or such-as it actually taken as is from the name of a character in traditional Sundanese puppet show of Wayang Golek.

Astra Jingga is a funny and silly recurring protagonist support character in that show, and one of my most favourite characters there.

I have been interested in paranormal phenomenon since I was a little kid.
I grew up in an old house from colonial era, with a number of magical items belonged to my late grandfather also stored there in the same house, also with a mother who (allegedly) summoned forth a supernatural entity in one midnight during her teen age in a room, in that house.

It's no wonder that my experiences so far leaned heavily toward paranormal activities involving hauntings, ghostly sightings, possessions, etc, with some direct experiences involving 'they from the other side' attacked me.

I am not however, a ghost hunter, priest, shaman, or something similar. I'm just a simple normal person who always loves to read paranormal accounts from people all over the globe and perhaps-if allowed, giving an opinion or two. Please understand however, that due to me coming from a totally different cultural background with you, that I might suggest things that sound weird.

Thank you again for having me, also thank you for reading this.

Salam,
Astra

Welcome Astra :)

I Look forward to reading more about your paranormal experiences,
I feel that we may have quite a few things in common here.

I grew up in a home that was rich in the paranormal and have been
enlightened by it many times throughout life.

Astra_Jingga

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone :)

Welcome Astra :)

I Look forward to reading more about your paranormal experiences,
I feel that we may have quite a few things in common here.

I grew up in a home that was rich in the paranormal and have been
enlightened by it many times throughout life.

Thank you sir :)

As far as I can remember, I've never had scary experience during my stay in my late grandparents' house. There were a few of strange occurrences indeed, but not scary.

We've never even had anything happened in the room where my mother summoned a supernatural entity during her teen age. It was a bedroom for guests, and I liked to take a nap there when there was no guest to occupy it-it was cool in there, and silent.

Maybe it was because of my late grandfather's magical items that were stored there; most of them were meant for protection against both natural and supernatural interferences, and I reckon each of them was quite strong in the term of it's protecting energy.

But you can say that the house, or rather, the late owner of the house (my grandfather) had a pretty great influence on me, and in the end, it shaped me to become who I am now, if you know what I mean.

Many years later and when I didn't live there anymore, the spirit of my late grandfather was the first to introduce himself to me and also became my first spirit guardian.

Please note that I've never actually met my late grandfather as he passed away some years before I was born.

So is your home like the movie set of Bangku Kosong or Suster Keramas?

To be honest, I've never watched both films. But from the title, Bangku Kosong (or Hantu Bangku Kosong (?)) seemed to be taken place in a school (?). Well, my house wasn't as big as a school if that's what you mean.

But when it comes to school buildings, we have quite a lot of them old colonial buildings here. And most (if not all) of them would have dark history due to the WW2 and also Indonesian independence war. Dutch lady in white is one of the most common sightings to be found in those old school buildings.

When I was in junior high school, my school was also one of such buildings.
One of my friends told me that once, he 'saw' one of the classrooms was fully covered by something like blood. I've never seen it myself, but I know there were cold spots in certain areas in the entire school.

Once, we had this evening activity for boy/girl scouts, and since I was one of the senior boy scouts, I was there too.

Around 11 pm, I fell asleep in the student's hall, alone, and with the light off so it was rather dark in there.

It was past midnight when 'somebody' woke me up and then just disappeared. I couldn't make up for his face since it was dark in the student's hall; from the voice, I thought it was one of my friends, but when I asked them, none of them would admit to have gone to the student's hall to wake me up since they thought I already went home.

To think that no one would dare to roam as far as to the student's hall during the night at the time since the cold spot in there was rather strong. But that was exactly one very reason as to why I chose the student's hall as a place to fall asleep in the first place... I was one of the strange kids in the block back then who thought the darkness provides him serenity, after all.

As to the house they used in the making of Suster Keramas, well, it looked to be way fancier than my grandparents' house (but it seems the house is not that far from my old place-pretty much situated at the same area).

My grandparents' house (and it's surrounded natural environment) was something that looked more like the one in the picture I attached.

Please note that it's not my grandparents' house, and the picture isn't mine. It's the house they used for filming Pengabdi Setan (Satan's Slave in English version, if I'm not mistaken).

By the way, you seem to know things about Indonesian horror movies :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3

Beholder

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone :)

Thank you sir :)

As far as I can remember, I've never had scary experience during my stay in my late grandparents' house. There were a few of strange occurrences indeed, but not scary.

We've never even had anything happened in the room where my mother summoned a supernatural entity during her teen age. It was a bedroom for guests, and I liked to take a nap there when there was no guest to occupy it-it was cool in there, and silent.

Maybe it was because of my late grandfather's magical items that were stored there; most of them were meant for protection against both natural and supernatural interferences, and I reckon each of them was quite strong in the term of it's protecting energy.

But you can say that the house, or rather, the late owner of the house (my grandfather) had a pretty great influence on me, and in the end, it shaped me to become who I am now, if you know what I mean.

Many years later and when I didn't live there anymore, the spirit of my late grandfather was the first to introduce himself to me and also became my first spirit guardian.

Please note that I've never actually met my late grandfather as he passed away some years before I was born.

To be honest, I've never watched both films. But from the title, Bangku Kosong (or Hantu Bangku Kosong (?)) seemed to be taken place in a school (?). Well, my house wasn't as big as a school if that's what you mean.

But when it comes to school buildings, we have quite a lot of them old colonial buildings here. And most (if not all) of them would have dark history due to the WW2 and also Indonesian independence war. Dutch lady in white is one of the most common sightings to be found in those old school buildings.

When I was in junior high school, my school was also one of such buildings.
One of my friends told me that once, he 'saw' one of the classrooms was fully covered by something like blood. I've never seen it myself, but I know there were cold spots in certain areas in the entire school.

Once, we had this evening activity for boy/girl scouts, and since I was one of the senior boy scouts, I was there too.

Around 11 pm, I fell asleep in the student's hall, alone, and with the light off so it was rather dark in there.

It was past midnight when 'somebody' woke me up and then just disappeared. I couldn't make up for his face since it was dark in the student's hall; from the voice, I thought it was one of my friends, but when I asked them, none of them would admit to have gone to the student's hall to wake me up since they thought I already went home.

To think that no one would dare to roam as far as to the student's hall during the night at the time since the cold spot in there was rather strong. But that was exactly one very reason as to why I chose the student's hall as a place to fall asleep in the first place... I was one of the strange kids in the block back then who thought the darkness provides him serenity, after all.

As to the house they used in the making of Suster Keramas, well, it looked to be way fancier than my grandparents' house (but it seems the house is not that far from my old place-pretty much situated at the same area).

My grandparents' house (and it's surrounded natural environment) was something that looked more like the one in the picture I attached.

Please note that it's not my grandparents' house, and the picture isn't mine. It's the house they used for filming Pengabdi Setan (Satan's Slave in English version, if I'm not mistaken).

By the way, you seem to know things about Indonesian horror movies :)
Bangku Kosong is creepy by the absence of things. Suster Keramas is more worn down and dirty with old buildings.