Homemade Chladni Plate and Driver..

TimeFlipper

Yeah. No real point in it - the idea is to actually teach the physics and YOU try to get high school kids to write equations for those complex standing wave patterns.
I'll stick with one and two slit barriers in a wave tank and counting the crests. Might get somebody to actually understand it.

Harte
I wasnt concerned about the math of the standing wave patterns, i was thinking more about developing an interest for your students and even your very good self Hartey :D..

Harte

I wasnt concerned about the math of the standing wave patterns, i was thinking more about developing an interest for your students and even your very good self Hartey :D..
I usually went with Relativity and Quantum Physics. More mind-blowing.
Couldn't spend more than a couple of weeks on each though.
It takes 5 or 6 weeks before students can even do any vector math besides adding them. When you consider the topics I have to cover, there's not enough time.
Waves are later in the year and only about a two week timetable as well. By the time you can get them figuring out interference, it's time to move on.

Harte

TimeFlipper

I usually went with Relativity and Quantum Physics. More mind-blowing.
Couldn't spend more than a couple of weeks on each though.
It takes 5 or 6 weeks before students can even do any vector math besides adding them. When you consider the topics I have to cover, there's not enough time.
Waves are later in the year and only about a two week timetable as well. By the time you can get them figuring out interference, it's time to move on.

Harte
Who sets the annual curriculum for the students, the school or you Hartey?..

steven chiverton

so if you spread sand over that plate what frequency or frequencies mix, would you need to get that sand to form a map of the solar system and also an image of the humen dna

TimeFlipper

so if you spread sand over that plate what frequency or frequencies mix, would you need to get that sand to form a map of the solar system and also an image of the humen dna

(Disclaimer) To Cousin Steve and Paranormalis Members...If anybodys Eye should pop out of its socket, or a Ear fall off after listening to these frequencies, the TimeFlipper CANNOT be held responsible! :ROFLMAO:..

TimeFlipper

its ok here my eyes and even balls are still there sockets lol my real experiments with frequencies will begin when i get some more parts for the piezo device
Tell me what you need Steve i can always post them over to you, IF they are not too bulky and heavy, good to know you still have your eyes in their sockets, for now! LOL :geek:(y)..