Debate How do you explain that there is more matter than anti-matter?

Beholder

I'm currently working on three theories for how the big bang left more matter than anti-matter. Trying to be less egocentric than established science that assumes that we are never on the opposite side of things.

* Rounding error from living in a discrete time-space fabric. I accidentally had a big bang occuring in a computer simulation, which left more matter than anti-matter because I used a discrete time-space fabric where adding and removing matter had rounding errors and time shifts. The same could happen in a reality where the time-space fabric is a discrete graph and space is just an illusion of folded connectivity.

* Creating the big bang required more energy than what existed, and we are the anti-matter and anti-energy. Makes me wonder if the +- electric pole mixup was a mistake or a greater insight of electrons being anti-electrons.

* Big bang left an opposing combination of matter and anti-energy or vice versa. Explaining why we have positive and negative charges. Electrons are a separate type of quark unrelated to up and down quarks, so the grouping might be wrong.

MODAT7

Maybe how the branes collided (at least in m-theory) where there was slightly more spin in one direction than the other, thus regular matter had a slight (less than 1%) advantage over antimatter, and this is what's left. It's probably a good thing as 100% matter would have collapsed and this universe would be a giant black hole.

...then there's the theory that we're all one giant holographic simulation, so maybe the rounding error was intentional.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I came up with something too. Time exists with entropy. Almost like an extra type of space overlapped upon the existing universe.

When I was in school it was taught that gamma ray energy at 5.1 million electron volts would cause the emission of electron-positron pairs. The problem I see is that energy is radiated away when either particle interacts with a proton or antiproton.

So it becomes apparent that because of entropy, matter and anti-matter have insufficient energy to recombine for an annihilation reaction. The electron-positrons are still here. Probably indistinguishable from each other because of the low energy state they exist within. By raising the energy state of matter, that threshold energy level for annihilation could be reattained. We do have a pheomena called a star going Nova that produces levels of energy that might be attributable to matter-antimatter annihilation occurring. And I suspect we are being lied to about nuclear theory behind nuclear weapon operation.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Good Job Harte! No one can dispute the facts you just posted above. You've seen me fudge a little with those facts by suggesting that the electron could change into a positron using the same process. That process would be the electroweak force. But the process that the meson particles use is the nuclear weak force. When I originally came across the meson observations, I looked at it as an indicator of the flow of time. Back then I interpreted the info as an indicator that matter and antimatter travel in separate time directions. Or one could look at it as different states of matter that don't exist simultaneously.