How many members here are Christians?

Carl Miller

Existential nihilism. Buddhism has been erroneously misinterpreted as a sterile nihilism_ the emptiness cult.
Perhaps Buddha could not 'explain' satisfactorily his concept of Nirvana. I respect other interpretations but i think Buddha and Jesus spoke the same language. Buddha s "be the Light unto yourself" would correspond to Jesus' "the kingdom of Heaven is within yourself". But if you have a different approach we will be glad to know about it.
My take on religion was that although iam not a proponent of the cult part- the prayer should be a different way into digging into our deepest side and not only repetitive words.
Now i freeze when we start a discussion on religion cause the matter religion may degenerate into debate...and our purpose is not debating, but discussing. You saw at times a thread has to be stopped because lack of respect...

Last edited:

9th Wave

In the absence of religion there is still a form of control & "higher guidance".

Even if you aren't a christian, you can still believe in Jesus/Yeshua ( or any religious deity for that matter).
Our whole existence is fabricated around the ideology of enlightened viewers from other worldly planes of existence.

Carl Miller

@9th Wave
There may be at least two scopes under which we can consider religion. The ideal side of the religion with its rules always fabricated by some guru. Yes, enlightened beings or viewers from other 'worldly planes of existence' are included in this side.
The other side of religion is how it is interpreted by the intermediaries or representatives.
I mean, we may be certain of the purity from the original source. For example, if Jesus would not have existed, my take is that we might invent Him. The records recall that His life and wisdom makes this teaching perfect. Personally I believe He is the Son of God, the name we give to great spirits.
But speaking of his representatives we are obliged to make some distinctions. In all movements, even in the most enlightened ones you know that there are the corrupts, those who take advantage of the position to manipulate people.
Inside the christianity you can find wonderful prestiterians, Catholics, but also you can find wise foxes travested into lambs.
Since i speak of the obvious no one will feel hurt, cause you know, people often get sensitive when we speak about 'their specific religion'. It seems inherent within us the wish to defend our own ideas with sword and fire. But i am sure everyone 'christian' will admit that there are the usurpers of the gospel and the bible. Perhaps my fancy 'hell'- the virtual place for the sickly soul will be awaiting for them...

HDRKID

I am a Christian person. Jesus is my lord and savior.

Matthew 5:43-48

Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Krish

Existential nihilism. Buddhism has been erroneously misinterpreted as a sterile nihilism_ the emptiness cult.
Perhaps Buddha could not 'explain' satisfactorily his concept of Nirvana. I respect other interpretations but i think Buddha and Jesus spoke the same language. Buddha s "be the Light unto yourself" would correspond to Jesus' "the kingdom of Heaven is within yourself". But if you have a different approach we will be glad to know about it.
My take on religion was that although iam not a proponent of the cult part- the prayer should be a different way into digging into our deepest side and not only repetitive words.
Now i freeze when we start a discussion on religion cause the matter religion may degenerate into debate...and our purpose is not debating, but discussing. You saw at times a thread has to be stopped because lack of respect...

Just to tell you all, that Buddha and Jesus were and still are the best human entities out there....even though I do not follow their human counterparts lock stock and barrel......for spiritual relationships...I can not say anymore...thank you.

HDRKID

What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others. - Confucius

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Christianity is similar to eastern religions. Love is the message.

tshirt_message44.gif

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Born into the Church of England - Christian. Not practising.

Do occasionally go to church these days as I feel it's good family time away from devices! and the children appreciate what they have got and not what they want.

Do not under estimate the power of prayer but I think that it is friends and family who have passed over and/or friends/acquaintances from other lives who hear them and guide you as oppose to one omnipotent spiritual being or god-like entity.

I would say that I am spiritualist in nature. With sympathies towards far eastern religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism.