How many members here are Christians?

EmergeE

I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I became Enlightened in very large part due to my Christian upbringing. For that I am eternally grateful.

I think the main problem with religious philosophy is the ability of persons to express that there is an absolute Truth, but that this Truth changes depending on the circumstances. For instance, if you have a hammer, you can use it to bang nails, but if you bang a person in the head with that hammer it isn't loving them, especially if they're having a good life living, breathing, and experiencing nature every day. I mean, it took nature trillions of years to develop the jewels that are called "human beings". And, if you don't think you're divine, just look at your fingerprints, look at the way your circulatory system mirrors the Fractals of a tree with its branches, or look at your eyes and learn that there are 266 identifiable characteristics (far more than even fingerprints) in which there are 120 million rods and 7 million cones and 1 million nerve fibers that connect to the brain, just in the eye alone, or the arrangement and purpose of grey matter in the brain, how our body is made mostly of space and the rest is made of water, yet we are more intelligent than water itself in various ways, and how everything in our body is made of atoms, tiny particles, quarks, even tinier particles, quantum-strings, insane and tiny wiggling particles, and plasma fields, so dense they cannot be understood otherwise, and consciousness itself (which links all atoms in the universe together). Therefore, the same act, with the same tool, in a different context, results in an Unenlightened, unloving outcome. I think the problem, also, is that we understand the difference between right and wrong, but we conflate "understand" with "condone". While I do not condone evil, I can understand it to a large extent, and in the hopes of this void of judgement on people I hope we can all figure out that being bad or doing bad is not okay, but can be understood, and we should cease them so the bad acts don't continue for everyone's sake, which is really the only thing that I care about and is perfectly both reasonable and obtainable as a world-wide outcome, contrary to what the Illuminati believe, which is a false belief that good and evil need each other, when, really, they have created both ideas, because a river does not do evil when it drowns a man, but a man pushing another man into a river or drowning himself is ignorant, and, conversely, bathing so long in the river to derive pleasure but then drowning in it as a result is also bad and ignorant, and we are free to choose how we proceed apart from conceptual ideals on either end of the spectrum, because it isn't a spectrum, good and evil are one in the same in modern society and we need a new word to describe True good, which is a natural, unassuming behavior. This behavior is ever changing, and written laws should be taken with the grain of salt that is intuition, but an intuition based on a healthy gross of facts maintained that are respectful and loving in intention. On a more taboo subject, I believe sex is a tool that can also be used for good or bad, and that sex isn't inherently evil, like the Illuminati want us to believe. I believe the concept of guilt can also, from time to time, in small amount, be of use, but not chronically of course, and definitely not as often as most Christians believe. I'm rambling. Thanks for reading. Love be with you.

"True virtue is virtue because it's not trying to be virtue [also, it's not trying not to be virtuous.]" -Alan Watts

I wish more religious people understood this.

Last edited:

The Fifth

I'm Orthodox but i don't place my religion to rule my decisions.

I put my question this way about "if God exits" : If you live at a max 124 years , and then you die, where would you go ? All you did was for nothing ? I don't think so. So therefore i believe there is another story , another life after this one. So you can play more and perhaps meet the one who created your soul .

Mayhem

Zenith
Inside you is the light, that they want to darken.

I had the water on my head.

I was never confirmed, for a reason.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

That is a Catholic practice, not a general Christian practice. Many confuse the two. Catholocism is just a TYPE of Christianity. My parents confirmed me as a Catholic but I denounced it shortly after. I am a non-denominational Christian.

Mayhem

Zenith

That is a Catholic practice, not a general Christian practice. Many confuse the two. Catholocism is just a TYPE of Christianity. My parents confirmed me as a Catholic but I denounced it shortly after. I am a non-denominational Christian.

In the lore of what was before this is just a gimmick, in wiccan it is much different.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

In the lore of what was before this is just a gimmick, in wiccan it is much different.

I admire wiccan -- very peaceful religion, as far as I know, anyway. (I don't want to claim to know more than I do). But yes, IMHO, Catholocism is full of gimmicks. Much of it was invented by Kings. The Christian bible says that our bodies are temples, so we don't need a physical church building to worship.