How prepared should I be for COVID-19???

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well if anyone has the ability they should prepare with lots of food if they still can (being that there are any food left in the stores??) otherwise most people are screwed. If it isnt the virus that kills the food shortage will. Prepare people now for the outmost worst case scenario!

World Coronavirus Count: 340,000 infected, 14,687 dead

Many are speculating about how long/short time this will all take, I dont expect it to die down in the next month at least, wouldnt be surprised if we see for a long time a Mad Max movie scenario and then eventually a re-start of our civilization....

People are hoarding food so it is a bit difficult. The factories are not shutting down. The truckers are still delivering.

As I said in another thread, with New Yorkers flocking to Florida, our hospitals will be clogged up. Nobody is stopping them.

I am buying food 2 weeks at a time. Staying home. Hub has to work. No choice. But I figure we are minimizing exposure at least.
(Still wish I had an antibody test to know if I had it).

titorite

They announced today in Quebec, that every businesses that are non-essential are to close completely for 3 weeks. That's never happened before.

Wow, total chaos and Mad Max scenarios. How did you guys prepare for that?

Especially @titorite and @Mayhem I'm curious. Thanks.

Knowledge.
Ive owned a rife machine for over a decade now. Thoughly tested it on many things. Bought one for the ex in lasalle about 4 or 5 years ago since she has our boy.

And if things get real bad i can walk there from here in two days time but in this case , if my sons life is jepordized , god forgive me but id steal a bike to make it in one day. No border patrol can stop me i already know this.

What else do i know... i know how to make a deadfall traps in the wild to catch wild critters.
I carry my own water. I can make clean water from two glass bottles. I dont mean just boiling.

Ive always been one to keep extra food stocked. Floods , tornados, blizzards these thjngs happen. Be prepared. So im good on food despite living on welfare and foodbanks. Got enough for me and.the gf for a few weeks... no tp... no problem. The local corner store has many complementary napkins and i helped myself to what needed last week when buying some extra milk and sugar and coffee.

Shame i dont have my own gun but many gun owners do live around here. Im friends with them and i dont expect them to target someone like me as they all presume that my welfare ass aint got shit. As i prefer.

Still the mortality rate of the bug is only like 4 percent. That 4 percent out of the 100 percent that catch it. The other 96 percent recover. And that is without rife machines and ozonators.

So health wise , even without preparing their is a 96 percent chance you will be just fine...

Now economkc wise... that is the next prep step. Will you still have a place to work for after this is over or are you self employed? Perhaps you have a trade skill you can fall bqck upon... the economic fall out is coming... be reqdy for that.

TexDanm

First off you need to chill out. COVID-19 is NOT the plague. It only has a 3% mortality rate at worst and most of those deaths will be old people like me and people with previous morbidities that make them immunodeficient. I don't know where you live but the stores where I live have plenty of food on the shelves. the TEMPORARY shortage was caused by a$$hats going in and buying huge amounts and hoarding it. There is a guy I read about that has 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer.

I am a survivalist and have been active in that for 45 or 50 years. I STAY prepared. If nothing else this is going to be a wakeup call for a lot of people. The intelligent will remember what this feels like and make sure that in the future they have the basics covered. It doesn't cost a fortune to be pretty well prepared. The idiots will laugh and forget and be caught in the future if a REAL pandemic or disaster happens.

the biggest problem with this is that as a people we have gotten soft and because things have been easy for a long time they think that bad things can't happen anymore. I remember polio, When I was 12 I faced the possibility of dying when we had atomic bomb drills in elementary school where we were taught to go into the halls, get on our knees, close our eyes, open our mouths (prevents ruptured eardrums if you are hit in the chest by a concussion) and prepare to die. Then I watched as my friends older brothers came home from Vietnam in boxes, in pieces or walking dead the eventually killed themselves. I KNEW that I was mortal and that bad things can happen. I remember my parents packing up the car during the Cuban missile crisis and being ready to run at a moment's notice. We were number 5 on the most likely civilian areas to get nuked list. I lived on the coast most of my life and have been through the eye of three hurricanes. I learned to prepare from my Father and then went on from there on my own.

This is not an apocalypse. It may be bad but if you will THINK instead of panic it will be fairly easy to get through this. The numbers out of China are already starting to fall. The numbers here are just starting to rise and over the next month will skyrocket. What you HAVE to understand is that most people will be a little sick for a week or two and then get well. Some people will notice little more than something like a slight allergic cause cough in a low-grade fever. China has had less than 3500 deaths so far. Their population is 1.4 BILLION. If you are Chinese at this time you are about as likely to be struck by lightning as die from the COVID-19.

This is an election year. Gloom and doom is what we get every 4 years. The media has turned this into a circus and the politicians are trying to win votes for November. So far in this flu season over 15,000people have died of the regular Flu. In the 2017 season, 56,000 people in the US died from the flu. So far in the US there have been under 1,000 deaths from this disease. there will be more but think for a moment. Do you remember being afraid in 2017? Were the stores and schools shutting down? Why are people so panicked? The answer is because the media is making it into a big scary deal and the politicians are going along with it. My concern isn't this disease...rather it is that in a panic people will do or allow the government to do things that we will never recover from.

Chill out! Stop letting them scare you with stupid things. Don't panic but when this is over REMEMBER what it felt like to not be prepared and don't let it happen to you again in the future. People that are here SHOULD have an open mind. USE IT!

Khaos

where the wild things are
Its no different here in Michigan. Just a week ago we had like 25 confirmed cases and now we're closing in on 2,000

My county so far seemingly has been spared, I live on the western part of Michigan and we have had three confirmed cases, though I believe its much higher and the health department isn't reporting numbers like they should. Plus the tests, they claim there are plenty of them but they are constantly turning people away from hospitals.

I have the essentials here at home. Think basic things. Places might be out of soap and sanitizer, but rubbing alcohol works just as well. A lot of people don't realize it but alcohol is pretty much the main ingredient of sanitizer. Bleach kills just about anything, so don't be hesitant to wash down surfaces with a water diluted bleach mixture. And if you're really in need of soap, dish soap works just as well too. Anywhere I've gone to, hand soap is sold out, but plenty of dish soap available. I got five big bottles of it under my sink lol

Stockpile like crazy? Depends. Toilet paper? No. Non perishable foods, gasoline for generators, bottled water, yes. Sure spend all your money on toilet paper, but when the lights go out, the water stops running, and you don't have bottled water, cans of food, and gasoline for your generator, you're fucked. Plus you also have to consider the possibility that martial law will be in effect too. Its kinda already happening with these shelter in place, stay at home orders. They are slowly easing the population into it. I see it coming.

Also realize this, the media has overhyped the shit out of this virus. Yes its a big deal, but here is the thing. 2% of the population get severe symptoms. Everyone else is either asymptomatic or they get mild symptoms like a cough or runny nose. The chances of you getting it are high yes, but the chances of you getting the severe symptoms are much lower. You have a higher chance of choking to death on your pizza than you do dying of COVID. Unless you have underlying health conditions, then yes you should worry. Most deaths from COVID are that. People who have illnesses and diseases that compromise their immune system.

The recovery rates for COVID-19 are much higher than the mortality rates.

According to google
Worldwide
Confirmed: 428,220
Recovered: 109,241
Dead: 19,101

Based on what I've seen, I think this virus will burn itself out and become one of those rare things, its the hysteria and panic, and also everything being shut down that will have the worse effects on the population. A lot of people are going to lose jobs and a lot of businesses are going to close. People who have savings, investments, consider those kaput.

Last edited:

TexDanm

I've got to ask, what is the deal with bottled water?? There is no problem with the tap water and you can fill as many jugs as you want I guess but at this time I have heard of no threat to anyone's water or power. This is a virus, not an EMP or asteroid that is going to take down the power grid. The rules and standards for bottled water is actually lower than those for municipal water supplies in Texas. Is the tap water in other places really bad and unsafe? I have water. I have a 1500 gallon cistern that is filled by runoff water from the roof. We normally use it to water the garden but we have filters that would make it drinking water. At this time though we have good water right out of the tap.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I've got to ask, what is the deal with bottled water?? There is no problem with the tap water and you can fill as many jugs as you want I guess but at this time I have heard of no threat to anyone's water or power. This is a virus, not an EMP or asteroid that is going to take down the power grid. The rules and standards for bottled water is actually lower than those for municipal water supplies in Texas. Is the tap water in other places really bad and unsafe? I have water. I have a 1500 gallon cistern that is filled by runoff water from the roof. We normally use it to water the garden but we have filters that would make it drinking water. At this time though we have good water right out of the tap.

I guess people think the electric company workers will turn into zombies and we will lost power. I have a well, but yes, that needs electricity, but I am certain they will do every damn thing they can to keep the electricity going. Many electric companies aren't even turning people off for late payments right now.

titorite

Things id like to clarify at this moment...

Currently the covid19 death toll is over 21000 world wide. Italy and spain hqve .ore deaths than china... but china has been lying their communist qsses off. Their desire to save face and look clean and blameless is a big part of the pandemic. The CCCP should be held to account to the world and i sincerely hope the people rise up against their government.

Canada is going to come out of this better than the US I think. Yall have better health care systems. We have mandatory health insurance. Crony capitalism ... political posturing... horse shit.

I look at the numbers of italy , iran, spain, uk, these are gonna be more honest numbers from cultures that dont have that compunction about saving face.... people get sick. Thats not a social sin thats life. And all those nations have numbers radically different than china.

The usa will have the most cases officially by friday. As of tonight / this morning new york health services are maxed out. Clinton county has ten cases and climbing. This is not including the dozen suspected in the correctional facility.

..... we got some real brainiacs here in the states. Spring breakers partying in hotzones..a president that wants us to go back to work and just let the elderly die (majority of cases in new york are under 50) a disorganized response between states and feds.... its laughable. Were fucked.

But you canadians.. i have confidence that even in spite of trudy, that yall will come out of this and fare better through this.

Our numbers are exploding. Weve had our first droppers like wuhan qnd bejing. Dknt be like us. Be like you.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
People are asking when this nightmare is over. I wish that they would finally wake up. Laughing at preppers is not wise. Most of us should see this virus as a siren. It is getting up to realize the world we are in.

There are preppers and there are hoarders.

Preppers make sure they have what they need. Hoarders ensure that they themselves have ALL the resources.
Preppers will help others. Hoarders will not.

Who are we "picking on" ?

TimeFlipper

Knowledge.
Ive owned a rife machine for over a decade now. Thoughly tested it on many things. Bought one for the ex in lasalle about 4 or 5 years ago since she has our boy.

And if things get real bad i can walk there from here in two days time but in this case , if my sons life is jepordized , god forgive me but id steal a bike to make it in one day. No border patrol can stop me i already know this.

What else do i know... i know how to make a deadfall traps in the wild to catch wild critters.
I carry my own water. I can make clean water from two glass bottles. I dont mean just boiling.

Ive always been one to keep extra food stocked. Floods , tornados, blizzards these thjngs happen. Be prepared. So im good on food despite living on welfare and foodbanks. Got enough for me and.the gf for a few weeks... no tp... no problem. The local corner store has many complementary napkins and i helped myself to what needed last week when buying some extra milk and sugar and coffee.

Shame i dont have my own gun but many gun owners do live around here. Im friends with them and i dont expect them to target someone like me as they all presume that my welfare ass aint got shit. As i prefer.

Still the mortality rate of the bug is only like 4 percent. That 4 percent out of the 100 percent that catch it. The other 96 percent recover. And that is without rife machines and ozonators.

So health wise , even without preparing their is a 96 percent chance you will be just fine...

Now economkc wise... that is the next prep step. Will you still have a place to work for after this is over or are you self employed? Perhaps you have a trade skill you can fall bqck upon... the economic fall out is coming... be reqdy for that.

Perhaps you could share with us the frequency chosen on your Rife Machine, to kill off that very weak Covid-19 virus? :)..