How the World will End

Kairos

All the dysfunction and degeneracy is coming from the cities. Look at an American election map from the last presidential cycle where the districts are colored by predominant voter, but stacked demographically. If you wiped out about six American cities, this country might actually be salvageable.

Diamonds

Nuclear war isn't that bad. It will kill most of the urbanites, but the rest of us would be fine in the long run. Probably a good thing to just wipe out the urbanites in one day.

Yea man but no one ever thinks of other things. It's not the initial blast you have to watch out for, it's the after-effects. It's the crumbling infrastructure, it's not being able to get food/goods from the store because nukes have set off an EMP which has disabled electronics at the distribution center.. not to mention, the roads being toast, the trucks being toast.

No one ever thinks about all that radiation.. what it would mean for future generations.

It's not the blast you gotta worry about, it's dying of thirst, hunger or sky high crime rates in the aftermath.

And the best part? Most of our vehicles now are run on or at least depend on electronics in some form or fashion. Nukes set off EMP's. Good luck trying to get around when an EMP disables your car.

Don't even get me started on the whole self driving thing.. if a nuclear war happens too late, maybe some will not know how to drive a car. If they find an old one, how many can drive stick shift? How many will be wiling to drive themselves around in this scenario?

Element115

Don't even get me started on the whole self driving thing.. if a nuclear war happens too late, maybe some will not know how to drive a car. If they find an old one, how many can drive stick shift? How many will be wiling to drive themselves around in this scenario?

Finding a reliable old vehicle that's stick shift would be difficult, but I could drive it. If the apocalypse happens and this Internet site is still briefly online, send a message and we'll hook up. I'll be the driver when we're not partying.

taykair

I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us-if at all-not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death's dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer-

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death's twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V

Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

- The Hollow Men. T S Eliot.

taykair

I know what you're saying. "Geez, Taykair! Another Babylon 5 reference?" But I'm just nuts about that series. Sue me.

Of course, the science boys say that our sun won't go nova, but rather become a red giant and engulf the Earth. Whatever.

"Convey records to New Earth". I like that.

Kairos

T.S. Elliot

giphy.gif

steven chiverton

Or at the very least at least 51% of the population being wiped out
My 3 scenarios in order from most likely to least
1. Huge meteor impact straight into Asia
2. Super-volcano Eruption
3. Gamma Ray Burst
if the end of the world was positive then all nostradamuss phrophecies would be true but many havent come true and the end date of September 2018 dident happen iether so they pushed it up to august 2018 as if they cant get it right with there false prophecies, even david wilcox in one of his YouTube videos even he beleaved and said that nibiru was going to hit earth and that allready passed and so he got sucked in with this false prophet to .

steven chiverton

to many prophecies have passed and dident happen , said by false prophets and some go through other prophecies by others and pick out random pieces and add it to there list of prophecies making them all appear to be correct cause they all said the same thing in one of them but how many got it right and how many are way off ,