howdy, y'all!

isabel

Re: howdy, y'all!

"remember what it was like being me"? that sounds lovely, DocFirefly; you should write for Star Trek (I'm not being mean, I love ST). it sounds poetic and definitely better than the last theory I was offered (let's just say a friend of mine has seen Matrix too many times...). seriously, what do you mean by that? if you meant to say I was somehow re-living certain moments of the life I already lived, wouldn't I "choose" some better moments to go through again than saving a glass from dying a hero's death on my table? wouldn't I go back to a pleasant moment, to a better time; see my grandma again or be three years old and learn how to rollerskate again? or maybe choose a significant moment that had impact on my present life and "interfere"? why on earth (do we say that on this forum or do we use something more exotic?;) ) would I wanna remember trivial everyday things?
as for the extra power... other than somewhat exceptional luck in card games I have never exhibited any supernatural abilities, but thanx for the amethyst tip, maybe I'll try it.
P.S. once you're the ruler of Antarctica can I come skate in your kingdom? I'm MAD about ice and where I live the skating season only lasts for about 6 months:)

XDrFirefly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
\"seriously, what do you mean by that? if you meant to say I was somehow re-living certain moments of the life I already lived, wouldn't I \"choose\" some better moments to go through again than saving a glass from dying a hero's death on my table? wouldn't I go back to a pleasant moment, to a better time; see my grandma again or be three years old and learn how to rollerskate again? or maybe choose a significant moment that had impact on my present life and \"interfere\"? why on earth (do we say that on this forum or do we use something more exotic?;) ) would I wanna remember trivial everyday things?[/b]

Here is my theory way trivial days. There is alot of emotional attachment to the family events. What if \"you\" couldnt do anything. It would make you more depressed and sad, about missing being you. What if you'd miss life when it was slower. Here is an example. Most people at somepoint miss their childhood. Now, honestly think back on your childhood. I bet there are days you'd like to relive? But, if you really miss it alot you'd be willing to relive anyday, even the lowkey boring ones. Another example. If you could have a 10 min chat with a long lost friend, you'd take it. Even if you had nothing to say. \"something is better then nothing.\" And finally maybe \"you\" don't get a choice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
P.S. once you're the ruler of Antarctica can I come skate in your kingdom? I'm MAD about ice and where I live the skating season only lasts for about 6 months:)[/b]

You can be my offical Future Skater of Antarctica. :)

Dr FF

isabel

and finally maybe I don't get a choice... funny you should say that. the over-Matrixed friend I mentioned has a theory completely opposite to yours. he says (and keep in mind he's a musician, so his ideas have no scientific basis whatsoever - or rational, for that matter) that somehow we DO choose the moment we will re-live. it's not a juke-box-like process, you don't insert a coin and press the date and the hour, but we drag along a feeling of having either messed up in a situation, or having experienced something so good we wanna do it all over again, and if that after-feeling is strong enough and lingers for a while, it triggers... that's where my Einstein wannabe friend stops. he has no idea what the feeling triggers; is it a tiny little rift in space-time continuum, is it simply re-living of a memory gone too vivid, is it an act of God's mercy giving us a second chance or something even less believable. and that would all be ok if it wasn't for two little questions. first - why me? why would I of all people get so many second chances? I haven't really messed up that much or have had that many unforgettable experiences. if somebody asked me to pick ten moments to consciously re-live, I'd barely come up with four! second question (not really a question, just an observation) - again, those dejavus are too ordinary to fit in this theory. or are they? maybe it's one of those butterfly effect kinda things, maybe my insignificant dejavu should/could have started something important... damn. help.

XDrFirefly

If you'd like to see a another movie, that talks about this type of thing (completely different from my theories.) Lathe of Heaven the new version is better then the other one.

two little questions. first - why me? why would I of all people get so many second chances? I haven't really messed up that much or have had that many unforgettable experiences. if somebody asked me to pick ten moments to consciously re-live, I'd barely come up with four! second question (not really a question, just an observation) - again, those dejavus are too ordinary to fit in this theory. or are they?

Let me try to Answers theres. Why you? You're lucky to be able to use more of your skills us humans may all have. I had a very strange ability similar to this once when i was questioning things as a teenager. (Its long and complicated to explain right now.) That and other observation have taught me how to be more open minded. Is anything really ordinary? It's the same as asking what normal is.

Hae you ever tried to write things down? Keep track of your deja vu? If not try it. It could help? I may have a new theory but I have to work it out in my head for awhile before I figure out if it's possible...

Dr FF

isabel

dear dr.Firefly, I hope you realize there's no chance in hell I'm gonna let you get away with just mentioning a strange ability... spill your guts, buddy, that's what this forum is for, right?;)
as for writing dejavus down, great idea and it just so happens that I have something to report... earlier today I was getting ready to go out, I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror combing my hair and it happened.everybody gets dejavus, right, y'all know what they feel like... floating in time, I guess that's how I'd describe it. every movement becomes really slow, like you're not moving through the air, but through something way thicker, like maple syrup. seconds drag on, every action seems prolonged and delayed (I don't know how else to say it).
so, I'm just standing there, combing my hair and since I was in front of a mirror I caught my own look mirrored back at me, eyes to eyes... and at that moment I felt like I'd been there and then before. now comes the weird part: at that moment I thought There's something I'm supposed to think right now, but I don't remember what it is. my deja vu either wasn't complete - coz I didn't know what I was supposed do/think next, or maybe I was having the same deja vu I've had before - coz it seemed to me a part of it was missing, like I had experienced it differently the first time round. that all happened within one second or so, but to me it felt longer, although time isn't really the right dimension to describe a dejavu, it gets twisted and not quite linear (at least that's my experience).
and now I can't stop thinking about that thing I was supposed to think about...:)

StarLord

Some times the visual 'sight' is stored in our memory before the conscious mind automatically checks for relationships which is a basic thought process. All of a sudden your brain notices that what you are looking at is exactly like the memory that was just stored micro seconds before that.

Don't forget about Vuja De, That where you realize that you never saw something before and you could care less.

BubbuClinton

I am not saying that I am agreeing to this. But some Quantum theorists believe that De JaVu is really one of the alternative yous in another time line sharing information through a quantum flux (or something like that) or Microparticals fluxing in multidimentions and flashing back in time.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~mdlee/dejavu.htm

Bubbu

StarLord

If they could bottle that, we could make a killing at Las Vegas & Atlantic City. Cures migranes & it gives you #'s you bet on las week.