Human Mind

Strangevisitor

Human Mind

I got this e-mail yesterday. I thought it was interesting. And yes these aren't spelling mistakes you have to read the whole thing to understand.
"I cdnouolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg the paomnnehal pwor of the hmuan mnid
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
So much for all the spelling tests we ever had..."

Phoenix

Human Mind

I actually saw that one before it didn't have the paranormal part in the one I saw. When I showed my mom she started to be able to read it then stopped, and couldn't do it. She has a thing with things being spelled right.

StarLord

Human Mind

So what was all the fuss abought right? That same concept of visual encapsulation of the whole word is the basis for speed reading. You learn to read in groups of 3 to 4 words at a glance.

Shortened War & Peace to a mere 10 hours at 1200 words per min. with 80% retention. You knew the story but couldn't name the players or the horses.

Ralan

Human Mind

Vrey intertesnig. I may hvae to wirte a few srhot strioes in tihs sylte to epxmerniet. Cuold tkae a hlel of a lnog tmie tohugh; wirtnig tihs aolne took me aubot tewtny tmies the aumnot of tmie it wuold nromlaly hvae dnoe!

Am I diong tihs rhigt aynawy? I can raed it oaky but tehn aigan I konw waht I've arlaedy witrten...

:D

Snow

Human Mind

lamo

lkoos good to me. Of crouse, tihs is how I tpye ayanwy - as my caht fiendrs wlel konw.

It is my own lgnaugae, I clal it teypose.

We slohud hvae a traehd jsut for tihs, eh?

form the egde or mbaye a ltitle bonyed , , ,

Sonw Frie Wtacehs

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well guys I was rooting around and found this its realy knid ah cool tohw how it wroks yuo jsut slepl sutf werid and siltl can raed it jsut fnie

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Now, that's another old thread! :)

I'm always surprised when I'm able to read that stuff. At some point it doesn't make any sense that we're able to read this. English isn't my first language and I can read it pretty easilly without any efforts. I remember testing this in French on my mom, it worked a treat! ;)