Hurricane Ian

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Over 1.2 million people have no power. There is also a widespread internet outage. Ours has been going off and on. Spectrum is out in many cities. In my county, 15 schools still have no power. Traffic lights are out. Nobody knows how to use them when that happens. Some stores are open and some have no power.

MODAT7

My house is fine!!
Glad you're mostly ok. Still no word on my family member's house as they have spotty comms in Cape Coral to their neighbors. They're still out of town. The house isn't that old, so it's probably built to decent hurricane specs... but being hit by a cat4 at landfall may not matter.

Well, you were looking for some outdoor activity that could also double as exercise... Grab a 5 gallon bucket and start bailing your flooded fields! (but digging a drainage trench might be a little easier)

or... you could start planting rice. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I wish their home the best. We’re basically camping. My husband is looking for a cable so we can hook the generator up to the main breaker. We need water. Can’t bathe.

Our fields are receding quickly. We have good drainage and creeks. Many places for water to go. Mosquitoes will be an issue, though.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Things that changed:

Generator on in the morning. Cords everywhere.

Get water out of the pond every time we shit so we can flush the toilet

Bottled water and sanitzer to clean hands

Taking a shower happens 35 mins away in another city.

Cooking. Have gas stove but no way to wash pans. Will buy hamburgers and hot dogs for the grill.

Don’t bother with makeup. Doesn’t seem very important at the moment.

Traffic lights out. Schools still closed. Some stores have power, some don’t.

We did have a miracle cold front. Cool mornings and evenings!!!!