I thought of something while talking with a friend.

Does anyone want to hear more about the other topics me and my friend discuss?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Harte

Incorrect. Your brain experiences time and brings your body with it. Your consciousness resides in your brain and chakras are the anchor points that tie things together. Jeez.
It seems that sometimes the process reverses itself, where the body drags the brain forward through time, but often forgets where he put it.

Harte

Peaceseeker

In conclusion I don't think that our bodies are connected to time and Time is a completely separate item entirely. I'm sure I could have given better examples and that I probably explained my views poorly, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say regardless of my lack of articulateness.

Thank you for tuning in to your Everyday Mad Scientist

i could be wrong, but i feel the physical body is effected by time, it is just our consciousness, that seems not to. if time did not effect the body, then we would not age, while the rest of the world did.

if time is indeed a 4th dimension as is said in the original time machine book , then i would have to imagine or believe that it would be like a string that has a pull upon all the other dimensions, and that time itself acts like a gravity for all else, and the others act as a gravity to each other as well, almost in parallel to each other.
if we imagine time as a string as a vertical line, and the other 3 dimensions as horizontal lines, where the time line goes through, then we could see that time does effect all other dimensions of space. Which would be why effecting some of the other 3 dimensions can pull on the time line, they all have an effect on each other.

they all pull upon each other, which warps the line of each. This is why, when we warp a gravity field , time bends, light bends, and many other dimensions or fields , bend. they pull upon each other like strings. each having effect on each other.

however a wormhole, is a way to pull upon one or more of the threads of space and time in a certain way. How and and what shape a dimension is pulled is how a worm hole is developed, the properties depending upon the dimension string pulled and shape it is pulled into, or rather the shape that is formed, effects how the properties of a wormhole is formed.

Though i am no expert in , pretty much anything, from my own view , i feel that if one travels through a worm hole to time travel, they would age the normal speed they would on Earth. It depends entirely upon how long you are travelling within the worm hole. The time it takes however to travel through a wormhole, from point A (entry) to point B (destination) would obviously effect how old you are ,through out your journey in the worm hole, depending upon how long you were travelling within it. The speed of that, would depend upon the the properties of the worm hole (or worm holes) that your machine or device created. One other thought , is something i feel many disagree about or don't realize, is that, though no one has openly proved the following, i feel that the effect properties of a worm hole can vary quite a bit. The many different types of worm holes that can be created with different effects are many . Though the mistake that many on this earth make, is thinking that there is only one type of worm hole with only one set of properties.

Advanced civilizations and indeed, new technology or inventions, appear when someone or many someones, think out side the box. Only when one or many think outside the parameters of what science or scientists believe to be true, can new advanced become reality. No new invention comes from the decision to not go beyond what others say is true. And science , usually only admits, that which others discover. The funny thing with this is, many that claim to be of the science community, will only accept something as science fact , After a
a discovery is made. Yet that discovery is usually by someone who did not think within the box.

Currently, many believe, that there are only one kind of worm hole, one kind of black hole, with the effect properties set to only those admitted .

Yet when another, decides, that the properties of a worm hole can vary as many as there are different universes, then the properties of a worm hole can vary dependant upon the device that is used to create one.

The problem is when no one thinks outside the box .

Ok, i talked more than intended lol

it's an interesting topic, and i may be wrong with everything i said. my main point is, that when you go through a worm hole, most would not age you any faster than you already age, (though with an infinite amount of universes comes an infinite amount of possibilities, however usually there is a common factor or observation that is given as is with all factors of life's observations), anyhow, the only amount you would age would depend upon how long you travel within the worm hole.

i know that many might disagree with what i said, or they might not.

i am no expert.

a very interesting topic, i hope you didn't mind my answer. so everything depends upon how long you spend in the worm hole.

peace.

Last edited:

Harte

if we imagine time as a string as a vertical line, and the other 3 dimensions as horizontal lines, where the time line goes through, then we could see that time does effect all other dimensions of space. Which would be why effecting some of the other 3 dimensions can pull on the time line, they all have an effect on each other.
This is known as a Minkowski Diagram, named after the guy that first came up with it in 1908.
600px-Minkowski_diagram_-_photon.svg.png

Though i am no expert in , pretty much anything, from my own view , i feel that if one travels through a worm hole to time travel, they would age the normal speed they would on Earth. It depends entirely upon how long you are travelling within the worm hole.
I agree and maintain that the travel time in the wormhole is zero.

No new invention comes from the decision to not go beyond what others say is true. And science , usually only admits, that which others discover. The funny thing with this is, many that claim to be of the science community, will only accept something as science fact , After a discovery is made. Yet that discovery is usually by someone who did not think within the box.
The only "facts" in Science are measured quantities. i.e. data, NOT discoveries that are made (unless those discoveries are simply new measured data that others can verify.)

Currently, many believe, that there are only one kind of worm hole, one kind of black hole, with the effect properties set to only those admitted .
Don't know how many people think there is only one kind of wormhole (the phenomenon of electron tunneling has been explained in terms of wormholes as well,) but I do know that there are multiple solutions in General Relativity explaining different kinds of black holes. People that think there is only one kind of black hole or wormhole just aren't well-versed in Astronomy or Physics, though the only real differences between the solutions (for black holes) have to do with whether or not they are rotating and their proximity to other singularities (or other supermassive stars like a neutron star.)
After all, mass is mass.
But there are different interpretations of what black holes are. Most are mutually exclusive though.

it's an interesting topic, and i may be wrong with everything i said.
It IS an interesting topic, and one often abused by time travel proponents that don't know what they're talking about.
You, on the other hand, seem to have a good deal of insight on the matter.

Harte

Kairos

I think there exists a strong possibility that the past is not real, so time travel is not possible. There likely is only the present moment that ever exists in a real sense. Though there are some indications that perhaps at least the future is real, so it could be that the past is real as well.

Peaceseeker

This is known as a Minkowski Diagram, named after the guy that first came up with it in 1908.
600px-Minkowski_diagram_-_photon.svg.png

It IS an interesting topic, and one often abused by time travel proponents that don't know what they're talking about.
You, on the other hand, seem to have a good deal of insight on the matter.

Harte

Thank You Harte for what You said. :) Also, i did not know about the "Minkowski Diagram" ! Interesting ! i'm glad about what You said, of how there are actually scientists who see that there are more types of worm holes than just a few. i have not read up on any science in a long time so i was unsure what the opinions were of many in science today.

Anyhow, Thank You very much for what You said. I'm glad that my thoughts on things are considered good insight on the matter :) especially since i never finished school all those years ago . (though that was because life pulled me into a different direction at the time) :)

You rock ! Stay cool and thank You again for what You said. :) You put a smile on my face today. Peace . :)