If the Pope dies...

denbo88

Re: If the Pope dies...

I would encourage anyone to take advantage of hundreds and even thousands of years of human experience of God revealing Himself to mankind throughout human history. It's a lot of work to sort out the prophets who had a genuine encounter from those who just bumped their head. In college I studied Religion and Philosophy and had to sort through a lot of useless theology and philosophy. There are a lot of wacky ideas out there that frankly, just waste our time. Many of the ideas were just the "flavor of the month" stuff. They were popular for a few years and faded away like so many others.
There were a few that have stayed with me and changed my life, but most were inconsequential to my enlightenment and growth. Many people in history have had encounters with the Divine. They spent hundreds and thousands of hours studying, thinking about and seeking the same truths that we are seeking. They struggled with questions but would not relent in their search that would take its toll physically and emotionally; they were not dilettantes seeking amusement. They paid a price of deprivation that few are willing to pay these days, fasting and praying for days and weeks sometimes. Some had more success than we have had too. Is it any wonder after what they went through personally? The ones that I will pay close attention to are the ones that DIED for what they believed. It was not just armchair philosophy to THEM. It cost them something precious: their possessions, their families, their lives. Start with those who died for what they believed. Your time is valuable so invest it first in those who believed it enough to pay the ultimate price.
By not pursuing and evaluating those who claim enlightenment, it could be an excuse to ignore truths. Other ideas can be a threat to one's own elaborate design, especially if you find that the years you have put into your thinking has been invalidated by an old man from aniquity perhaps, who's only virture was that he committed himself to knowing truth and was rewarded for his efforts.

Ghost

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"deepthought\")</div>
I would hope that the Catholic Church would show the courage to enlighten the world of the secrets it guards so jealously in its vaults. If they are to continue to represent a sixth of the planet's population, and give spiritual guidance, they owe those people the truth.

If any religion is to give hope to it's followers, then it should not give false hope.

Too many people on this planet are governed and 'guided' by falsehoods, I believe this will be the downfall of mankind, unless we collectively wake up to what is really around us.

There is room for everyone's spirtuality, however the wish to follow it, but there is also room, and need, for truth.[/b]

Maybe the Catholic Church does have some secrets, but it might also have some very good reasons for keeping them. Have you ever heard of the Chronovisor? It was supposed to have been made by a Catholic priest. If what I have heard about it was true and the Church later destroyed it, I can see why they would rather have it destroyed than let someone else get their hands on it. There would be too much potential harm that could result from the abuse of a device like the chronovisor, if it did exist.

deepthought

If such a device existed, the collective religions, and others, would want it destroyed in case it blew their cover and their lucrative sources of income. Would you want your stranglehold on mankind undermined? (if you had one of course).

StarLord

There is much to be said for experience, and yes, we all have to start somewhere on the path of spituality. For most of us it begins with an awakening, a realization that we require something more from outside of ourself. We begin to search.

For some, that search may end within a religious path replete and satisfied. For others, the search may take them through several religious paths until they find what they have been seeking. After sorting through enough paths you begin to note many similarities between them all. There must be something to this search for a Supreme Being due to all the different paths beaten to that door that started some hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Some paths require you to follow with your faith and you will be rewarded after you pass from this world. There are other spiritual paths that teach about experiencing what may be called 'heaven' before the death of one's body. The latter is what I would call a active spiritual path. The choice of either one is totally up to the individual.

I believe that what Darkbreed is reffering to in regards to worshiping one's self is possibly the recognition that we are Soul and Soul is God, direct exploration of the Soul in this case would be the starting point to exploring Soul's source. Active exploration of this sort would naturally not need faith as the active progression would suffice.

I see no disprespect in this.

Ghost

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"deepthought\")</div>
If such a device existed, the collective religions, and others, would want it destroyed in case it blew their cover and their lucrative sources of income. Would you want your stranglehold on mankind undermined? (if you had one of course).[/b]

I was thinking more along the lines of a device like the chronovisor potentially being used as the ultimate tool of espionage, from which keeping secrets from someone with such a device would be nearly impossible whether they lived in the past or the future.

CaryP

For those of you who just can't get enough of the minutiae about the Pope's death and what follows, I got this in an email called "What We Now Know" I get some interesting artciles from this email about once a week. It's free and if you want to get it at:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/b][/quote]
[/font]

CaryP

Sorry for the double post, but again, for those of you interested in the Malachy prophecies and the lineage of the popes, here's something I thought I posted yesterday. Must be losing it, I swear.

Cary

http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

? ? ? ? ? ? ? A Benedictine ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pope?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The lines are reported ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?more than a ? ? ? ? ? ? ? mile ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?long as mourners are hurried past the Pope who lays in state ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?awaiting the ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?funeral on Friday. ?Meantime, we've been fascinated with ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the possibilities that St. Malachy may have been correct in ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?forecasting in 1139-1140 the major attributes of most of the Popes ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?of the Catholic Church.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Where things get ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?extremely interesting (not to mention of potential economic impact ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?to the world) is that St. Malachy said that the just passed Pope ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?would be:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Latin motto = DE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?LABORE SOLIS Interpreted to mean - (a) From the toil of the ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?sun (B) Of the eclipse of the sun

? ? ? ? ? ? ?​
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I don't know whether ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?you have been following the history of the Pope at all, but we ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?read on one site that \"He was born ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?on May 18, 1920. On that date in the morning there was a near ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?total eclipse of the sun over Europe.\" ?OK, so Malachy ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?apparently got it right. ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Next question: The Pope ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?is being buried on Friday. Any eclipses around? ?As a matter ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?of fact, yes! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? There's an eclipse this Friday.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Logical question: What ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?are the odds of a Pope a) being named \"toil of the sun\" 850 years ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?ago, then being born on the day of an eclipse, and then being ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?buried on the day of another eclipse? ?I'll throw that out as ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the morning math problem.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? What's less of a ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?problem is who the next Pope may be. ?By several sites around ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the 'net that specialize in Malachy, the next Pope will fulfill ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?his \"glory of the olives\" prediction made 866 years ago. ?In ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?fact, from one site offers a listing of the ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? last 10 Popes, where we notice that we're already at #9 by ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?this count when the conclaves decision is issued:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? \"9. The Glory of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is \"Gloria ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Olivae\" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the Catholic Church in its fight against evil. \"

? ? ? ? ? ? ?​
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? That doesn't mean ? ? ? ? ? ? ? for sure that the last Pontiff will be #10 and along comes ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Judgment Day. ?It's possible by some accounts that there ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?could be some \"filler Popes\" after #9 but before #10, depending on ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?how one reads Malachy. ?On the other hand, with the born on ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?eclipse, buried on eclipse hit, a Malachy hit with a Benedictine ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Order Pope has the potential for major financial consequences. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Because it would bring in the start of the Biblical Tribulations, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?and wouldn't it be interesting in some of the web bot forecasts ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(this year's giant quake in the forecasts, huge wind storms, etc) ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?start happening as soon as the next Pope is named, as sort of an ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?opening round of the tribulations?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? On the other hand, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?maybe the next Pope won't be a Benedictine. But, if he is, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?remember the economic implications are what even the understated ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?might characterize as ?\"globally serious.\" ?We won't ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?forecast anything, we simply find the line of inquiry interesting ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?and something to watch - closely.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? One reader writes in ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?that the odds of a Benedictine are very low, but that we should ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?watch Cardinal Martini. ?But honestly, that would be like ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Malachy being a Saturday Night Live writer - glory of olives ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?associated with martinis? ?Please...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? One more thought? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Sure: ?2005 plus seven years of tribulations under a possible ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?\"next to last Pope\" would bring us to... 2012...the same year when ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?the Mayan calendar ends.... ?

?

magicfriend

The camerlengo, now Cardinal Eduardo Martinez Somalo of Spain, must then verify the death ? a process which in the past was done by striking the forehead of the pope with a silver hammer. The camerlengo then calls out to the pope three times by his baptismal name ? Karol, Karol, Karol. When the pope does not respond, the camerlengo then announces "the pope is dead."

The camerlengo uses the silver hammer to smash the pope's ring ? the papal seal or "ring of the fisherman" ? to preclude forgery of official documents.

This was the silver hammer I referring to, Cary. I apologize if it sounded disrespectful, I could not remember the lyrics to the song and was wondering if this was what was being referred to ....

sosuemetoo

We have a new Pope:

<a href=\'http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050419/D89IJ2B00.html\' target=\'_blank\'><span style=\'color:red\'>POPE BENEDICT XVI: R A T Z I N G E R</a></span>

John

Seems as though the prediction was pretty much dead to rights on this one.
Oh the pope's name correlates to the prediction (spooky huh?): POPE BENEDICT XVI

Pope ?
Latin motto = GLORIA OLIVAE
Interpreted to mean - The glory of the olive
Name - ?
Olive branch has always been associated with peace and this description might have been most fittingly applied to Pope Pius XII as a reference to his coat of arms. There is little doubt that this legend can be more easily explained in the future than the one before. Some medieval interpreters have gone out of their way to stress that Malachy in his prophecies does not specifically mention that no Popes shall reign between Gloria Olive and the last Petrus Romanus; nor on the other hand does he mention that there will be others.
< Note: As stated earlier the original prophecies of Malachy did not contain the Petrus Romanus motto - it was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies. >
The Order of St Benedict has claimed by tradition that this pope will come from within the Order. St Benedict himself has prophesied that before the end of the world comes about, his Order will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil. The Order of St Benedict is also known as the OLIVETANS, which may well account for another interpretation of the prophecy.

If all holds true, and according to the predictions, the next pope will be the last.... wooooooo.... wooooooo <supposed to sound like a moaning or ghostly wailing of sorts, you know the sound you make when you tell a scary story)