If the Pope dies...

PhantomLord

Re: If the Pope dies...

Damn that is pretty dead on in the prediction about this new Pope.

Wasnt there some sort of prediction that this Pope would reign for about 8 years or so and then the final one would reign for something like 12?

Judge Bean

Well, we had a prediction from one of our futureboys about the late Pope being the last Pope, so I guess that's out. Whew. Thought for sure that if a futurozo said it was going to happen we were in for some hot weather.

John

I'll be surprised if our 78 year old newly appointed pope lives another 8 years...no sarcasm just serious. Isn't that rather old for a pope? Catholics?

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"John\")</div>
I'll be surprised if our 78 year old newly appointed pope lives another 8 years...no sarcasm just serious. Isn't that rather old for a pope? Catholics?[/b]

I don't see him lasting anymore than 10. Forums all over are calling him a "transitional pope." Hopefully he lasts longer than JPII ;)

PhantomLord

Is there really such a thing as a transition Pope? I never liked that term. Ok they serve till death but that doesnt mean you have to undermine the man.

I dont know what it is, I'm hardly a practicing catholic but ever since Pope John Paul II Died something in me has wanted to reconnect.

But 78 today is not as old as it used to be. Still eight years in what might be the most trying times in church history will be anything but a transition.

halo2junkie119

I read in other threads that the new pope would be black, and he would be from nigeria. I guess they were wrong. Maybe the other things they say are not consistent with our timeline as well.

PhantomLord

Well I remember hearing he would be known as The Black Pope because of the sect of the chuch that he was ordained in.

He had a black shirt on under his papal robe if it counted for anything.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Ratzinger was a safe bet, having been JPII's right hand man for near 25 years.

Ratzinger is a conservative Catholic, known as JPII's Rottweiller for his almost fanatical loyalty to the man. Ratzinger/Benedict XVI will be forced to make some unpopular decisions on the role of the Catholic Church, its stance on abortion and on the issue of contraception.

John's revealed prophecy regarding the death of the Papal Office with the next Pope and, presumably, the death of the Catholic Church is interesting and accords with some stuff that I have come across over the years. But there is a prophecy for just about every eventuality these days...

It is nearing the 2000th birthday of the death of Christ after all.

deepthought

I heard the new Pope described as the 'German Shepherd' today, apparently he is somewhat orthodox. Perhaps that was a prophetic nickname. We shall see.

denbo88

Since the new pope is now known at "Benedict XVI", I was curious who Benedict XV was. He was the pope from 1914-1922, Italian by birth, a pacifist during WWI. Some insight into the new pope may be gained by studying the name he chose.