Debate If you lived to 150 years would you have to go into hiding?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I was about to mention vampires in movies as well. You'd end up as a 30-year-old man in high school, like in the Twilight movies!

Perhaps Highlander would be a good example of having to move, reinvent yourself, start anew in order to blend in.

lamdo263

If you lived to 150 years would you have to go into hiding?

Lets say a human goes past the normal life expectancy by a decent amount of years, lets say125-150years.

Apart from claiming how this might be possible what about the physical appearance of the person,

and such everyday things that he/she might have to encounter?

Discuss
You're talking about genetic extensia either by genetic design, of long lived cult genetic stances which enable the subject to live for many years longer than a normal human being?
A long lived real human was the Emperor in the real, not imagined star wars series.

To be brief, he was from a royal lineage gene cult to where his body and the exact cause that enabled them to live so long's not understood, is a protracted existence. This was in vogue in these old royal kingdoms and why this was something that they did, was to keep their kingdom estates functioning in a certain way. So, this was a gene cult status. This is pretty much all I know.

Mayhem

Zenith
You're talking about genetic extensia either by genetic design, of long lived cult genetic stances which enable the subject to live for many years longer than a normal human being?
A long lived real human was the Emperor in the real, not imagined star wars series.

To be brief, he was from a royal lineage gene cult to where his body and the exact cause that enabled them to live so long's not understood, is a protracted existence. This was in vogue in these old royal kingdoms and why this was something that they did, was to keep their kingdom estates functioning in a certain way. So, this was a gene cult status. This is pretty much all I know.
In the link on the previous page there are yes some reference's to genes.

lamdo263

There won't be that hierarchal boss that will allow long aged people to exist in this society for long. Some aliens elect to live very long lives, but they've got sort of a racket going and in some instances, this involves the use of modified Earthling's genes.

The three catastrophes are predicted in some measure to come our way. These are mentioned a full scale nuclear war. Massive flooding, however the cause may be a toss up between the internal combustion engine and or the output of the sun as said increased by the book, {Earth The Pleiadean Keys To The Living Library by Barbra Marciniak. Lastly, a big asteroid strike predicted doubly by Nostradamus and past seer Babba Vanga.

Once your stable cities go, then nature at her most cruel endeavors seems to take over. Usually long lived people cannot exist within those environments.

lamdo263

In your'e talking about the star wars Emperor who was in part and in the past my father. He lived a long life because he was totally dedicated to keeping both his office in power and the Empire going steady and strong. So in reality he was a pope-like figure that was both beyond reproach as well as social touch. This is why many wanted him deposed of.

I carried a lot of his gene inscription, but there was also a good amount of engineering placed in me. I was a dumb-ass and was going towards a life of crime, till I took an off world freighter one day and the engines failed on takeoff. The pilots did a miraculous job in straightening out the craft into a very shallow dive, but when it hit, anything inside was more or less violently bounced around and died.

When they found me, I was in horrible shape and not expected to make it. They did a lot for me, but I was confined the rest of my life to a bio-assist suit. This gave me the mobility I desired, but made me more or less a freak. I could have sex from time to time, but marriage in the eyes of my father was never a prospective possibility.

I helped him keep that kingdom intact, but still don't know to this day, whether it was by his means, that transport was engineered to crash, or a natural accident. I kind of figured he was my father. I would be near him, but his abilities were that he was able to see right through that suit and into what was going on inside my head.

My memories are that I stayed with him as long as I could.

The beginning of the movie Pitch Black, where the spaceship crashes, is somewhat like I went through. Long lived beings do not fare well, when the society supporting them goes to Hell.

Wind7

Staff
I was about to mention vampires in movies as well. You'd end up as a 30-year-old man in high school, like in the Twilight movies!

Perhaps Highlander would be a good example of having to move, reinvent yourself, start anew in order to blend in.
I remember a movie about a normal, everyday man who was an immortal however,
his body was actually mortal and he was sent here to be rid of all things bad that came his way.
He was found nearly dead and was saved by a woman whom was like 'evil absolute'....and he fell in love with her.
They became inseparable as they influenced change upon one another.

If he were to die, his mortal body would just turn to ash and his true persona would then rise from the ashes.
Nobody...including him, knew what this true persona would be when he died.

It's been driving me nuts trying to remember the title. :rolleyes:

(It could have easily been a book or movie......It was a long time ago now.)