If you were to learn a new language what would you choose?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I practised some Spanish, Dutch, Russian and i am Italian mothertongue but nothing comparse to english. A language relatevely easy to teach with deep smart inside. I love english and american proverbs.

And yet Italian people are the best! LOL. The American Italians are so friendly with no walls up. Great social skills. Treat everyone like family.

I haven't heard any of them speak Italian yet, though, but the ones that were born in Italy of course speak perfect English now.

Kairos

I might learn English because, even though American is the master language, there are a few shows that look interesting but are unintelligible and the closed caption does not help.

SergiusPaulus

Maybe learn the Aleph Bet letters and learn to pronounce the words. Or Aramaic. If 0-33 AD things can be spoken I wonder if they would have the same physical effects. Can spoken words make physical things happen? <><

alpha centauri

I feel very sorry to not have learned Russian when I was in school, as it seems to be the most poetic language. Nevertheless, I am glad that my native language is also among the poetic ones, probably next to Russian.
It would be great if I could find a native Russian who could translate a poetry of mine .. not just word for word, but especially the feelings and essence that it carries - I think Russian is among the very few (maybe the only one) languages suitable for that (still very curious about Chinese).
I thought you had to learn Russian. Russian was obligatory in the GDR (German Democratic Republic). I thought it was the same in Romania.
I also think Russian is a worthwhile language. There were three people in my primary school class alone that spoke Russian, although I live in the Western part.

The reason why my interest has come up on languages again is because over 20 years ago holiday house party while asleep a friend woke me up and said, why are you speaking in your sleep in another language.

At this time she knew german so it wasnt that, never found out what it was.

But still interesting, and i do wonder at times if it carries over from a previous.

I heard a similar story. A person on another forum spoke English in a dreamlike state, but didnt learn it. He knows only Italian and German.
He said you might get the karma back, if you remember your past life. I dont know exactly, what he meant by that. I think he meant, if the experience was traumatic, you get the trauma back. He was also interested in the paranormal like you.

start at edge

I thought you had to learn Russian. Russian was obligatory in the GDR (German Democratic Republic). I thought it was the same in Romania.
I also think Russian is a worthwhile language. There were three people in my primary school class alone that spoke Russian, although I live in the Western part.
No, here it was not obligatory .. yet, many chose Russian as a foreign language and in our days I envy them (in a friendly way, of course) – they speak the language that I so much wish I could speak myself.

start at edge

I heard a similar story. A person on another forum spoke English in a dreamlike state, but didnt learn it. He knows only Italian and German.
He said you might get the karma back, if you remember your past life. I dont know exactly, what he meant by that. I think he meant, if the experience was traumatic, you get the trauma back. He was also interested in the paranormal like you.
I had a somehow similar experience – when I was about 13, my family told me one morning that I spoke English while dreaming .. but it was a language that I already studied at school at that time.

tareqjhe1

Learning a new language not so easy.
I already know 6 languages English, Chinese, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, and Arabian. Also, I can speak a little Thai and malai. I don't want to learn any new language. It's really so hard. Especially when I learned Chinese I felt like a monkey. Because of the Chinese tone.