Im going to make an movie any ideas??

Chronodynamic Jim

Re: Im going to make an movie any ideas??

Wow! The most amazing thing just happened to me! I was really starting to worry that I would not finish my time machine before someone inadvertantly ruins my movie for me. As I was putting some finishing touches on my invention, (which I think I'll call a Fax Compensator, something like that) I started thinking about all the places I could visit and I started to get impatient. I wished that I didn't have to wait untill I finished my time machine to time travel. After all this stupid thing could take years to build.

Then I had a brainstorm! When I'm finished why not travel back to today and lend myself the use of the time machine, that way I could continue to work on the machine at my leisure and use it at the same time. Well, no sooner had I concieved of the Idea than I recieved a visitor. A very familiar visitor. It was me from the future, here to make good on my idea!

To make a long story short, I'm off to 1980 to finish my screenplay. Wish me Luck!

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
I agree, my brother and I were both big into stakeboarding in the 80's. I don't know if skateboards were around in the 50's, but it would really be cool to work it into the script somehow.[/b]

The advent of skateboards was in the early to mid 1960's. If you remember the movie Back to the Future, Marty McFly had to improvise with a board and wheels from a pair of skates. That's what the early skateboards looked like. If you had much height, these small and crude skateboards were very difficult to ride well. I'm aging myself, but skate boards became very popular after one of the members of Jan & Dean (a musical act with the "Beach Boys" sound) road a skateboard out in a televised concert. If memory serves, skateboards originated in southern California, and were the "fix" for surfers when not surfing. Maybe a skate board could be brought back with the teenage time traveler.

On with the show.

Cary

strangelove

I'm sorry it did not work out as you had hoped.

I also apreciate the history lesson on skateboarding

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
I'm back. Damn studios, ruined my movie! Zemekis is a turd![/b]

Sorry they ruined the movie. What did they say about Gary Coleman?

P.S. You didn't happen to buy any Starbucks or Microsoft stock with the money the studio paid you for your script did you?

Chronodynamic Jim

Man, you don't want to know! Suffice it to say they didn't think he could carry the movie. I think it was stature discrimination personally, but what are you going to do?

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
P.S. You didn't happen to buy any Starbucks or Microsoft stock with the money the studio paid you for your script did you?[/b]

Money? What money? I got shafted man! I'm teling you it was the worst experience of my life, hands down! Take my advise, stay away from Hollywood...at least 1980's Hollywood, though I'm sure its just worse now.

I made $75 when all was said and done. If that wasn't bad enough, I didn't even get a writing credit! Some stupid legal thing involving my "Agent". I don't know, if I knew it was going to be like this I would have never even started building my Fax Compensator. No wait, I mean Flux Capacitor. The studio re-wrote my whole script! I had a completely different approach to the whole thing, but they said it was too cerebral. What ever that means. I don't even want to know what they did with the sequel.

I don't even want to work on my machine any more. But I guess I have to. Don't want any paradoxes.

Lucidus

Money? What money? I got shafted man! I'm teling you it was the worst experience of my life, hands down! Take my advise, stay away from Hollywood...at least 1980's Hollywood, though I'm sure its just worse now.

I made $75 when all was said and done. If that wasn't bad enough, I didn't even get a writing credit! Some stupid legal thing involving my \"Agent\". I don't know, if I knew it was going to be like this I would have never even started building my Fax Compensator. No wait, I mean Flux Capacitor. The studio re-wrote my whole script! I had a completely different approach to the whole thing, but they said it was too cerebral. What ever that means. I don't even want to know what they did with the sequel.

I don't even want to work on my machine any more. But I guess I have to. Don't want any paradoxes.[/b]

Oh man, that is lousy. I didn't think the movie was that bad, but back then I thought that The Evil Dead was the scariest movie ever.;)

So how old was your older self from the future, how long will you have to work on your time machine so that you can have this whole sorry experience?

Lucidus

I wouldn't tell me (Chrono-Grammer!), but I didn't look any older, so hopefully not long.[/b]

Well thats good, that your older self wasn't some insane old man who had spent the last 40 years building a time machine just so that he could have some terrible experience back in 2005/1980.