Independence Day, the movie

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Independence Day, the movie

I watched it again on TV yesterday, this movie still kicks ass. The special effects are excellent for a 1996 film and the story is quite good (except that part when they upload a virus into the aliens' computer, which is dumb).

Way better than 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/

ZeoEmeraude

Re: Independence Day, the movie

]Independence Day is just a good movie. I remember watching it in the theater in 1996 standing up...the hype and trailers leading up to the premiere left you wanting to see the movie even if you had to stand. It seems as though the summer blockbuster has lost its edge in recent years...mainly due to lackluster sequels and crappy plots. Independence Day has become a summer classic in my opinion, and worth watching to rekindle a little patriotic alien ass-kicking.

Whitelight

I was 9 when this movie came out! I think I watched it a few years after though, and I always liked this one. I thought it was well done and I liked the effects.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

I Like this film... it just makes you feel good being human.

My favourite movie atm has gotta be The Book of Eli though... despite the inconsistencies in the tale.

Whitelight

Book of Eli was a good movie! I enjoyed it, though there were some things that got my attention that kinda confused me.

Which inconsistencies are you speaking about?

StarLord

Independence Day All Time Best of the Best of the Best with the most choice Cliches ever used in one movie.
One of the thousands best moment, Data with hippy hair as the scientist... Killer.
The speech always raises goose bumps.
Looking forward to seeing the Eli movie.

I cannot stress how strongly I wish they would continue with Chronicles Of Riddick With Vin Diesel ONLY thank you very much.

Whitelight

I'm a secret Riddick fan :3

It all started when I hit puberty and watched Pitch Black and heard his deep voice for the first time... I was hooked for one reason but now it's another. I enjoy the movies.

Keroscene

I remember going to see Independence Day at the theaters the day it opened, July 4 '96 i believe it was. Great movie. They ran the teaser for MIB before the main showing.

I Like this film... it just makes you feel good being human.

My favourite movie atm has gotta be The Book of Eli though... despite the inconsistencies in the tale.

I also liked that movie, but I thought "The Road" was better. Even though Gary Oldman is one of the best supporting actors of all time... In both movies my main complaint is the main characters don't seem to try and avoid the bad guys. Why stay so close to trouble if they're trying to avoid it?

I also felt like "The Book of Eli" lifted a lot from the videogame "Fallout 3".

P.S. Viggo Mortensen lives about 20 miles from me. I was at a little restraunt called "The Koffee Kove" about a month back with the family and we get on the subject of new movies that have come out recently and I start talking about how much I liked "The Road". My cousin keeps saying loudly "Who was the star in that movie?" teasing, but as if he couldnt hear me, so I say Viggo's name loudly in reply to him. Guess who is sitting two booths down from me with his family? Viggo. My cousing knew he was sitting there, but I didn't until he got up to go have a cigarette. I was soooo embarassed. My only movie star sighting.

StarLord

I know exactly how you feel Kero but, Screw the embarrassment, let they guy/folks know how much you enjoyed their work (after they are done eating of course) You could have gone out and shown off your awesome Air Cigarette abilities while you chatted him up.

There always time to breakout a can of balance on your cousin later. Bide your time, revenge is a dish best served cold.