Infinity and Returning to your Home Universe

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, above, I mentioned universes being "clouds". Well, imagine the multiverse being shaped like a rose curve:

rose4.gif

Each "leaf" would be an ever expanding universe. The rose curve equation displays each petal as k or 2 k with k being infinity. Note how they all meet at 0,0. To time travel, you'd use math and the proper device to create a line as shown above. You could then move back and forth on that line to pinpoint your location.

Just a theory.

Martian

It depends on how far back in time you go and how big of changes you make. Think of time like a giant river. If you're standing in the middle of it and you walk a few steps upstream or downstream, the water in your immediate vicinity flows around you, but the distant flow is effectively unchanged. In 4 or more dimensions, this may equate to the matter/people near you experiencing something similar to time dilation or timeline changes.

If you carry a lot of rocks from the river bed upstream and pile them up, you can redirect the water flow. Likewise, if you go far enough upstream to where the river is narrower and shallower, your presence will have a greater effect.

It's ultimately a matter of how much matter is displaced with time travel, and how far. But you'd have to do an awful lot of work to make the time to which you return look unrecognizable to you.

Himalayan Hermit

Didn't John Titor (for those who believe) return to his *original* timeline? Also, Steven Gibbs said that he has purposefully made the HDR (for who believe in it) in such a way that you will not return to your original time-line once you take off physically. He did say that he *could* make it that way, but chose not to. Also he said he's been overlapping between many time-lines, thus indirectly saying he's physically traveled through time.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Didn't John Titor (for those who believe) return to his *original* timeline? Also, Steven Gibbs said that he has purposefully made the HDR (for who believe in it) in such a way that you will not return to your original time-line once you take off physically. He did say that he *could* make it that way, but chose not to. Also he said he's been overlapping between many time-lines, thus indirectly saying he's physically traveled through time.

No, because he visited his younger self. Not the same timeline. Titor contradicted himself in the posts. He mentioned both that you could and could not return "home" to zero divergence.

GLXYCUBED

I'm skeptical of the whole Multiverse Theory...its a great idea, but that all in my opinion. I can assure you the Time Continuum has been manipulated..and likely for sometime so the technical challenges have been sorted.

You can get back to your "home" timelime. If people can experience time slips and warps, and come back to notice nothing changed then I say yes.
But slips etc are not something you do intentionally or control.

That is true. What I noticed is that with people who have done time travel through technological methods is that there is a divergence. I don't know why as I don't know the technology used.

But with methods like Astral and other supernatural means one can always return to their home timeline. Same with time warps and slips as its a portal that connects two moments of the same timeline.

Dragonchaser

View attachment 2387

Many say that when you time travel, you create a new universe and that you cannot return to your "home" universe.

In theory you then become a God ...

Need I say more .As in infinite power to your disposal .
Picture this : A strong thought / emotion from you turn it into "life" in other words you become a "Creator" .

If it read : "you create a new dimension "

Now that is quite a different matter . Within a universe you cannot return "Home" again ; but within a dimension that is possible .

Hypothetically speaking of course .