Internet Archeology: Cool Old Shit

Magic

Such memories. I used to play the first one way back then. It was awesome. :)
My internet archaeology took me back to the days of Super Mario World, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and the legendary GoldenEye 007. What console memories are resurfacing for you? #childhoodgames #nintendolove

Num7

Administrator
Staff
My internet archaeology took me back to the days of Super Mario World, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and the legendary GoldenEye 007. What console memories are resurfacing for you? #childhoodgames #nintendolove
I have tons of memories of Super Mario World and Goldeneye!

In Super Mario World, remember the scores on the title screen? The top score is 96, once you've beaten the whole game, including the Special World. I've been stuck at 95 for many years, not having internet back then. Then, years later, I found out by myself where the Soda Lake level was located. Right underneath the bridges, it led to the Star on the middle island. It was such a wild moment to discover it, after playing the game for years and years.

1707486842328.png

We used to search for secret levels everywhere! Each small island that didn't have a level on it or a path leading to it was a candidate.

1707486873430.png

Also, when you beat the Special World, your save game's color palette switched to warmer tints of oranges and many enemies change in appearance. It was pretty awesome.

1707486962631.png

I don't remember if the game had actual glitches that were fun to trigger. Haven't played it in over 25 years.

I didn't have Goldeneye, but my best friend did back then. We played for hours, doing all kinds of stupid shit, like activating the Paintball Mode and painting the toilets in the Facility multiplayer level. Playing the single-player missions and only shooting people in the butt.

1707487007425.png

I guess you could say my fascination with toilets and shit started some time in the 90s. LOL @Wind7

Good memories! :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If you have to choose between controlling your world or Microsoft chess
View attachment 17779
Secret confession: 21 years later, playing The Sims 4

The problem with Sims nowadays (4) is that they never let you do anything. You can't kidnap and trap people, you can't control pets, etc. I built a prison once and made it a recreational lot and tried to lock Joe Biden in it, but when night came, he disappeared. It would be more fun if they actually let us do stuff. Old Sims was better in that respect.

Parazite1986

The problem with Sims nowadays (4) is that they never let you do anything. You can't kidnap and trap people, you can't control pets, etc. I built a prison once and made it a recreational lot and tried to lock Joe Biden in it, but when night came, he disappeared. It would be more fun if they actually let us do stuff. Old Sims was better in that respect.
Have you tried the mods like Wicked Whims, basemental mods, and other mods? Have you tried the lock mod in which you can lock up Biden and then use a flamethrower on him?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You mean, do stuff like killing your sim by drowning him in the pool, or burning him in the fireplace? lol

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
You mean, do stuff like killing your sim by drowning him in the pool, or burning him in the fireplace? lol

Yeah, I don't know if they still allow that. That's not exciting anymore. I wanted to kidnap tons of people. I made a basement apartment, lead them in, then deleted the exit. You leave a bathroom, a fridge, and some entertainment. But at night they disappear. So disappointing!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to kidnap everyone's pet, too. Same thing happens. SIGH. I don't want to use mods for that. Mods always mess up something else!

Now, I do things like this:

Turn the cool sims into vampires
Edit the dorky Sims so they look stunning
Make my Butlers hot
Have my vampire sim impregnate a lot of sim women
Have my sim woman cheat with a celebrity and then leave him to move into a castle
Get bored with kids and make them grow up and leave

LOL

Very disappointed that my lady sim mated with a blue alien and the kid didn't turn out blue. I had to edit him. Not as fun!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Remember visiting sites hosted on Angelfire? I'm surprised it still exists!

1707613003253.png