Internet Insurance(ii)

Ejie

Zenith
In the future due to increased cyber fraud, you will have the option to purchase internet insurance(ii), just in case you if you get defrauded, you will be compensated.

Wind7

Staff
In the future due to increased cyber fraud, you will have the option to purchase internet insurance(ii), just in case you if you get defrauded, you will be compensated.

That's already been established.

Here's what Trend Micro security had to say.

I personally, am covered through 3 separate security services. (Thanks to having my ID stolen
back in the year 2009.) So...In other words, yes you could call this a type of Insurance.

Beholder

An insurance would only increase the average cost of fraud, which already happens with many small sums. Better to demand fundamental security in payment processes instead of just buying any corporate bullshit about Visa/Mastercard being a secure payment method. So far plain cash has been more secure for me, because most robbers are motivated by feeling powerful and they get thrown off if you treat them like beggars with pity.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Never thought about it that way, but you're right, plain cash is probably safer now than it has ever been. No one can hack your cash, or fake your ID to steal it.

I'm covered by a service that monitors transactions in my bank account and credit card. It ensures that I won't be responsible for eventual fraudulent transactions and that such transactions won't bring down my credit score.

Beholder

Never thought about it that way, but you're right, plain cash is probably safer now than it has ever been. No one can hack your cash, or fake your ID to steal it.

I'm covered by a service that monitors transactions in my bank account and credit card. It ensures that I won't be responsible for eventual fraudulent transactions and that such transactions won't bring down my credit score.
If they can steal your cash, they can steal your card and empty the whole bank account. Both the card number and pin code can easily be skimmed remotely through NFC within an amplified 10 meter range.