Invisible

Alpha and 0mega

Invisible

Many movies and story have talk much about invisibility.But have they ever wonder what it takes to be invisible?
basically,i think invisibility is rather impossible by nature.If we would want to be invisible,we would have to allow light to pass our body,but this is impossible.light can't pass throught matter(only matter like glass).
There is more to this 'invisibility',but i am tired of writing them down here.So basically the above is the main reason why invisibility is impossible.
But there r many others way to be hard to see.like camoflage...
So thats all folks,drop the idea of invisbility.COs its never gonna happened

virtualgirl

Re: Invisible

LOL,

Did you ever see the movie "Mystery men"? There was the invisible guy. He was only invisible if you turned your back to him.

I believe there must be a way to do it though I don't know how. How is it that alien aircraft appear to fly through our skies yet no one sees them (unless they want to be seen). If there are really ufo's, then there must be some technology for cloaking. Either that or they are popping in and out of dimensions or something. What do you think of that Alpha? :)

Alpha and 0mega

As u see,i say it is impossible by nature.The law of particulate matter forbid the light from passing matter.the size of light can't penatrate throught our body"s atom.

AS for the others ways...i am not really sure.But theres a possibility,not too high.have u ever heard of the invisible suit made in american?it projects the image behind the user"s back to make the user 'invisible'.But it is not really practical.Inorder for u the invisible.u need light to go throught ur body and let the light reflect back through ur body for u to be invisible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
LOL,

Did you ever see the movie \"Mystery men\"? There was the invisible guy. He was only invisible if you turned your back to him.

I believe there must be a way to do it though I don't know how. How is it that alien aircraft appear to fly through our skies yet no one sees them (unless they want to be seen). If there are really ufo's, then there must be some technology for cloaking. Either that or they are popping in and out of dimensions or something. What do you think of that Alpha? :)[/b]

alexandre_62

Invisibility is not an impossible science achievment. When we say that something is invisible, it is because our eyes can't see it. In fact , there is large spectra of wave lengths that our eyes can't identify. This is why some liquids are incolor, because they absorve ligth in Ultraviolet.
This issue could be more interesting than it looks. In fact it could explain the existence of many things that we can?t see and we catalog as a mistery. They exist even tough we can?t see it because their bodys does not absorve or reflect ligth in the human eye spectra.

Maggot7

your wrong invisibility does exist just like time travel and astral projection I know this because I had a friend who had a aunt that made invisible cloaking devices for the military and she showed me one

JayTheHero

Light can easily pass through matter, and does so all the time. When you see things, you're only seeing a portion of a reflection of bounced photons off an object-the rest go right through. That's why shadows aren't always "pitch black". If you were to somehow make the atoms in an object photorepulsive, then you'd have invisibility. Not easy, to be sure, but certainly not impossible.

Alpha and 0mega

Thank you for beliving i am 14.:) MAny others like starlord and JIm doesn think i am 14.And for ur duaghter.....i dun think i can tutor her,cos i got bad grades.i got A for math,b for science,and just a pass for other subject. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
LOL....did you say your 14? Smart kid!!! You need to come tutor my 14 year old daughter. Hehe[/b]

Keroscene

I think the idea of invisibility is a pretty interesting one too. I got a card from Footlocker a couple weeks ago with a hologram on it and me wonder if someone could make one big enough to put on the side of a tank for camouflauge or something. I asked a friend who owns a card dealership about the idea of putting a big hologram on the side of a car and after a very curious "why?" he said he probably could but was sure the sun would damage it after a while. That was the only problem I seen with it, trying to maintain it after applying it. Also made me wonder if any other similar material could be applied to something to fool the viewer into thinking they were seeing something they weren't. I made an earlier thread with a link to some neat movies of objects and a cloak similar to the one Harry Potter wore.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/showthread.php?t=2003

Mystery Men is an awesome movie... I believe invisibility occured when nobody was looking at him, including himself. But he does actually go invisible eventually, and the audience sees it. :)

Personally, I prefer the invisibility sunglasses, when I have them on noone can see me, but I can see them.-Big Daddy

In the movie the "The Invisible Man" with Chevy Chase, when he eats food, it's only partially digested. I was thinking with his kind of invisibility he would slowly regain it back when he ate, because his body is replaced with new "energy" so it should come back after a while, unless he ate invisible food. When they had a son at the end, I was thinking it would look a little crazier than what it did. It looked invisible too, and was thinking it should of been some kind of hybrid or something, like you could see half-way through him or something.

I saw that movie with Kevin Bacon too were they made him invisible, Hollow Man. What I couldn't understand is why they made him all crazy acting. I don't think just being invisible is going to make someone turn into a criminal, especially one who was a scientist and is now more influenced by a personal agenda of hiding in peoples rooms while they are undressing.