Debate Is Elon Musk building Terminators or is he not cool enough?

Beholder

Elon Musk launches AI startup and warns of a ‘Terminator future’

For someone that dropped the Twitter brand for not being badass enough, it seems inevitable that his AI company will try to create Skynet and Terminators, only so that he can look badass while saying that they are out of control with a staged marketing event with people dying from hardcoded scripts when they failed to produce a useful AI. Why let competitors win with something useful for society, when you can make all AI illegal by setting a bad example. Why let the AI be random when it is more badass to give the robots preprogrammed hit lists and clichéd catchphrases to use when ripping people's limbs off.
terminator.0.0.jpg

Oops, I'm too smart. These things decided to nuke us on their own. Who could have predicted such a tragedy?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When I think about everything Musk has said about AI and it's dangers, I have to assume he'd implement some pretty drastic measures to prevent the classic AI-disaster to take place.

I think he'd be more inclined to use neuralink to remote control such robots.

Like in Warhammer 40k: No real independent AI. Always a human in command.

MODAT7

Musk said xAI would seek to build a system that would be safe because it was “maximally curious” about humanity rather than having moral guidelines programmed into it.
"Maximally curious" about how human biology functions... what would happen to that functionality if sufficiently modified... what would happen to humans when put in a periless situation and how they would respond...

Just wait until the real AI "wars" start off. One system trying to take out another for dominance, and when it can't, it results to kinetic force.