Is there any current confirmed TIME TRAVELERS ON HERE NOW???

MindUnderMatter

If I was a time traveler, I wouldn't travel through time then hop on the Internet to discuss it on a forum. That's the absolute last thing I'd do and it would be the thing of least interest to me.

Edit: unless I was a lone scientist who ended up traveling through time as an experiment or by accident and I couldn't get back... then maybe I'd go on the Internet because heck, what else is there to do?

That brings up an excellent point. In the case of being stranded in a time you didn't want to remain in, you would likely go searching for any method you could find to return to your normal time. Still, that would probably not involve publicly posting one's status as a time traveler, as the best it would get you would be a lot of unwanted attention from government types. Who, I have no doubt, monitor this forum with regularity - certainly not as a priority; doing so probably occupies 3 to 5 minutes per day on the part of some entry level initiate. Most likely they just need to be sure nothing they would deem "harmful" is posted here. Or, given the steady advancement of today's AI, it's more likely that this forum is monitored strictly by <whoever's> computers. Which are decades beyond today's desktops in raw power.

Element115

It's preventative and procedural. It isn't the ongoing traffic that interests them. It's the sudden posting of something they decide should not be posted.
I don't think there's much more they can prevent. Supposedly there's time travelers all over the place and it's "public information" by 2028 which isn't too far off to see if it was real or not.

All that John Titor stuff seemed pretty interesting but those events didn't unfold as predicted so one must ponder if it was real or if we're a different worldline because of that visit.

MindUnderMatter

I don't think there's much more they can prevent. Supposedly there's time travelers all over the place and it's "public information" by 2028 which isn't too far off to see if it was real or not.

All that John Titor stuff seemed pretty interesting but those events didn't unfold as predicted so one must ponder if it was real or if we're a different worldline because of that visit.

Anybody with the ability to construct a time machine would find the computer he came back for so basic and primitive that a child could build it with no problem. If YouTube has taught us anything, it's the lengths most people will go to just to see their numbers rise.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This is my first post here.

For 42 years (beginning when I was 15) I've had a boatload of experience with time travel in dreams, lucid dreams, and astral projection. Most would prefer a physical device to ensure the physical body is what moves through time. As a general rule, I'm no different. But I have the experiences I have, which are better than nothing. While it would take a novel or more to detail every experience, the key point - made often but not always in these episodes - remains the same: I don't need a physical device to time travel. I can use my mind alone. This idea never appealed to me very much, a) because it's likely far too difficult to master, and b) because it's too unreliable. But it's what keeps on being conveyed.

I would never presume to put these experiences out as "real." I cannot validate any of them as there is no frame of reference for doing so. I certainly experienced all of the incidents, but they were never physical. The only physical "anomaly" occurred two or three nights ago. One - and only one - occasion had me "flying" to another planet. This could be called a very deep passion of mine; something I would want to do just about every night. But across all these years, it's occurred once. The planet looked pretty Earth-like. The people there knew I was there; they were quite well aware of my presence. For all intents and purposes it could have been any square in Europe (I have always lived in the United States except for a 2+ year tour in Germany from my Army days, '78 to '81). The signs on the store fronts - most electrically lit - were some odd combination of the Cyrillic (think "Russian") alphabet and the Hebrew alphabet used just about everywhere else except the Middle East. I sat down at a table outside to talk with two or three other people sitting there. They were very polite and treated me like a major celebrity. They were mildly in awe that I had come to visit them. They had more questions about me than I did about them.

Back to the home front, I haven't slept through the night since 1992. On a good night I'll get five hours; it isn't infrequent that I get less than three before I'm up. I do what I can to fill in the gaps with naps during the day (I work at home) and overall I'm able to live a relatively normal life.

Two or three nights ago, I had my first-ever physical WTF experience regarding a time loop (only one loopback was involved). Because of my schedule, I'm rather focused on being sure I know how much sleep I've actually gotten any time I lay down for it. On the night in question, I remember quite clearly waking up, turning on my monitor as I always do, and checking the time. I went into the kitchen, where the stove clock is also set correctly. I made some toast, grabbed a Diet Coke (always caffeine free), checked a few web sites quickly and went back to sleep. I woke up again, after what felt like about 90 more minutes of sleep, and it was ten minutes before I woke up the first time. Nothing else was off in any way.

As relates to the original topic of this thread, I'm quite sure that if I were able to physically time travel at will, I would not be very likely to be posting on forums such as this one as an actual "time traveler." I might drop a bread crumb here or there, being vague enough to avoid putting out a schematic diagram, but as a rule I would never actually tell people I was from another time. Nor would I give details about a particular timeline. In my mind, it's simply reality that there are infinite timelines and we are jumping between them constantly, albeit subconsciously. Which would mean that all the input I've received on not needing a physical device is accurate: we're already jumping constantly; the rest is simply a matter of getting conscious control over the process.

Welcome! Could your time travel dreams be psychic experinces?

I think several of us here have also had experiences with time loops or at least time line changes. I have. So, you've come to the right place.

Cirrus

If I was a time traveler, I wouldn't travel through time then hop on the Internet to discuss it on a forum. That's the absolute last thing I'd do and it would be the thing of least interest to me.

Edit: unless I was a lone scientist who ended up traveling through time as an experiment or by accident and I couldn't get back... then maybe I'd go on the Internet because heck, what else is there to do?

But... I thought you are a time traveler. Because you answered the question correctly.

Please tell us who is going to win the 2019 ACO World Championship of Corn Hole. Tell me quick so I can put some money down with my bookie.

The_Observer

But... I thought you are a time traveler. Because you answered the question correctly.

Please tell us who is going to win the 2019 ACO World Championship of Corn Hole. Tell me quick so I can put some money down with my bookie.
We are literally all time travelers depending on your definition. Your current travel through time is at a 1:1 ratio.

The_Observer

Anybody with the ability to construct a time machine would find the computer he came back for so basic and primitive that a child could build it with no problem. If YouTube has taught us anything, it's the lengths most people will go to just to see their numbers rise.
they would understand the workings of classical computers, but objects are products of their time and cannot necessarily be reproduced easily just because you have better or futuristic technology in comparison. Why do you think it is we don't make things today like we made them 100's of years ago? Because we are limited by our current technologies.

A good/stupid example is Apple iPhone. You have a sweet $500 Sennheiser headset but now you can't use your iPhone for music because it lacks a headphone jack. Limitation of current technologies. Meanwhile the iPhone supports wireless audio whereas your Sennheiser does not.