It's a New Day For America!!

gonzogirl

It's a New Day For America!!

It is a Beautiful Day! The citizens of America have voted and sent a strong message to the world. For me this journey was in part about race. I was born in 1965. My mother hoisted me up on her shoulders and at three yrs old I witnessed the state of California fight for Civil rights for minorities. My parents raised me to believe that one day America could get over itsself and vote a black man into the Presidency. I can honestly say that I was unsure if I would see that happen in my lifetime. I know now that my great nieces and nephews will be raised seeing with their own eyes that hope that maybe even they can be president of the united States. No longer is being an athlete the top of the game...the sky is the limit and now we have proven it.
America, I am So proud of us today.......
We have closed one chapter and will be turning the page in January.
The DNC ran a almost flawless campaign and they grew some balls over the last eight years. I dont think that Hillary Clinton could have done any better and I think that Obama will unite this nation...

I think that we have tough times ahead and that the silver lining is gonna take sacrifice. Obama is going to have nothing but criticism thrown at him via right wing radio. They will make it as hard on him as they can.

What does everyone think? What are the predictions for the new administration? Who do you think will be in the cabinet?
I think it will be real tough.
..I would love to see Powell there.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: It's a New Day For America!!

Congratulations, you guys !

Chip Lewis

(Needless to say) Whether Obama succeeds in his quest to repair all that's been lost, his nomination and election have proven that we as a people still have a voice. My faith in the Democracy of the United States was in peril. This election seems to have restored some of that faith. It's not going to be easy for Barack, and may assistance from above alight his path...(preferably without any "verbal" communication)

Harte

Chip said:
(Needless to say) Whether Obama succeeds in his quest to repair all that's been lost, his nomination and election have proven that we as a people still have a voice. My faith in the Democracy of the United States was in peril. This election seems to have restored some of that faith. It's not going to be easy for Barack, and may assistance from above alight his path...(preferably without any "verbal" communication)

Good to here that, Chip.

You're aware, I'm sure, of the cospiracy theorists and their idea that Obama was "selected" to be the next president, and the fix was in with voting machines, election supervisors, and all that crap?

They have to say that because if they only said it about the Republicans, then when something like this election happens there's no explanation for it!

Anyway, Obama's my president now, and I'm proud to have him.

Harte

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
Dear World,

Please accept this as our formal apology.

-The USA

However, if you decide that this is not sufficient, you can kiss our American asses!

gonzogirl

Webnower said:
Dear World,

Please accept this as our formal apology.

-The USA

Yeah no doubt...The rest of the world has said that the respect for us as a people has increased. This is what happens when you not only talk the talk, you walk the walk too... We did.

This election was bittersweet for me. My mom pulled a 180. Just flipped out politically.
My mother and father raised me always talking about civil rights for everybody. And how important it is to be a true America. To be inclusive.To trust with an intelligent mind.
Well I talked to my Mom on the 3rd and she abruptly told me on the phone that she wasnt going to vote for Obama. I was shocked as she has always voted Dem.
I asked her why.
She said that she did not trust him and from the start she didnt.
She said that she thinks or heard that he will further black causes and not do anything for whites. My mom has been pro affirmative action for eons.
She said.."how do you know that what you read or hear is the truth about him any way" Shock again because when she said that, she had a tone that I didnt recognize. Like sarcastic and like I was somehow tricked by Obama.
She said that she would write in Clinton..then said she dint know. I told her that she could be a part of something real big. She said, not interested.
I think that some people when they get old..74..they get scared. And I dont want to think it, but maybe my mom is afraid of black people.
She trusted Clinton..and didnt know a Damn thing about him. Voted for him twice.
I couldnt believe my ears.
I havent talked politics with her for a long time ...it forbidden in her home ..my brothers are conservative and we argue too much and ignore the rest of the family.:eek:. I dont feel comfortable talking to her about this new chapter.
Well Anyway my im sad because my mom didnt get to feel that joy on election night. The joy the rest of us felt. I mean its BIG.
Some people get old...Some get old and scared.
Freaks me out. I dont want that to happen to me.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I actualy feel sorry for the guy. and truely hope he lives through it. yet some how I fear he won't. there are many who are just can't stand the idea of him in the white house. many are as gonzo said scared shitless. many are just pissed off. it is sad too, like it has been said here, he is are president now. and we need to pray for him. he's going to need all the help he can get.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I actualy feel sorry for the guy. and truely hope he lives through it. yet some how I fear he won't. there are many who are just can't stand the idea of him in the white house. many are as gonzo said scared shitless. many are just pissed off. it is sad too, like it has been said here, he is are president now. and we need to pray for him. he's going to need all the help he can get.

well we better start prayin even more now cause hes as lost as a blind man in a desert, and we are just about to fall in a pit, I realy don't like where hes takin us:mad: