It's official; time travel to the past is real; just not like how you'd see in movies.

TimeFlipper

When the plane left China a few minutes after News Years Day 2017 then flew to San Francisco, you have to remember that China has their clocks set several hours "behind" those in San Francisco and therefore you could celebrate New Years Eve again, but not through time-travel per se...Even in the US several states has their clocks set maybe 2 or 3 hours behind other states and of course you can celebrate New Years Eve again, which is great!!...BUT when you go back to your own state you must put your clocks and watches "forward" to your states own time. (y) :D

25 years ago when i went to France for the day, and when we reached France i had to put my watch (and every other non French citizen had to also) forward by one hour...I was a bit miffed because i had breakfast on board ship with UK time and by the time i arrived in France it was nearly lunch time in their time lol :D

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Sometimes we agree, and sometimes we don't. This is one of those times when I do agree with you. It's the matter of a major time zone difference, not time travel.

Remember folks, the whole world isn't under one time zone. For instance, when it's 6:30 in New York City, it's 3:30 in Los Angeles. A lot of these news sites just try to fill in time with stories where the truth is twisted, and in many cases there is hardly any truth at all. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is, at least for now. Unfortunately, genuine investigative journalism is very hard to find in most of the news around the world, including the United States.

Now don't get me wrong: when I first saw this thread, I wanted to believe it was true. But I'm glad TF made everything square here.

tflofasho

Guys; I get that. But I basically made a logical statement about it with the use of the time zone construct to make sense of it. That's what I meant about it. It wasn't meant to be anything spectacular to begin with.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@tflofasho - I'm so sorry. I just noticed your point right after I made my post: "just not like how you'd see in movies" (part of thread title). But do try to understand that it isn't really time travel.

It would be a different story, however, if somehow a plane left China on January 1, 2017, and arrived in Frisco on December 31, 2015 (instead of 2016). Give that some thought, if you'd like.

TimeFlipper

@tflofasho - I'm so sorry. I just noticed your point right after I made my post: "just not like how you'd see in movies" (part of thread title). But do try to understand that it isn't really time travel.

It would be a different story, however, if somehow a plane left China on January 1, 2017, and arrived in Frisco on December 31, 2015 (instead of 2016). Give that some thought, if you'd like.
The news of the plane which went back in time would have been suppressed and anyone at the airport it landed on would have been sworn to secrecy,....as for the passengers and crew, i fear they would have all been been killed by government agents..

In 2017 the news of that plane vanishing would remain a mystery, and maybe we on Paranormalis would be making posts about it lol (y) :LOL: