John Lennon didn't get shot

Doc Brown

John Lennon didn't get shot

There's a pleasant one...for me, anyhow.

What would John be doing if he were still alive? Still making music? Maybe the Beatles would be back together (as maybe if John didn't die, George didn't die either.) Maybe they sorted things out properly and reformed as a group. Hey, they could be having a Beatles World Tour right now! :)

PhantomLord

Re: John Lennon didn't get shot

I can see it now. The Beatles on tour with The Stones selling out stadiums across the land.

Field seats start at $250.

I guess it would be worth it to see them play Helter Skelter live.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I'd love it if the Beatles were still around :) Some of the best music ever made.

PhantomLord

Nah I'd bet they would do the same thing Ozzy does with Black Sabbath.

No solo material.

Which does suck because it would rule to see My Sweet Lord being played by The Beatles.

Doc Brown

Maybe in another alternate reality, the Beatles never actually broke up in the first place...so therefore My Sweet Lord would have been a group song...so they would sing it.

HDRKID

It appears that there are many different timelines. Yes there are lines where the beatles never broke, others where they got back together, but the early stuff was better than the later stuff. Think Michael Jackson & Madonna.

There are even lines where Elvis and Marilyn Monroe are still alive, she's old as hell. :)

On lines where James Dean did not die he made a movie called "Point Hope" about an aging race car diver. This movie was pure nitro. :cool:

Billy Pilgrim

In alternate history the doorman of the Dakota calls the cops and his killer gets arrested.

Around 1982-1983 John and Yoko get divorced. Yoko and Sean live in NY and Yoko marries the guy she is pracitically married to in this timeline. John and May Pang move to LA. (perhaps later he buys a house in london.). They later marry.

Somewhere in the mid 80's John and Paul make appearances on each others solo albums. Shortly thereafter, John convinces George to go along with a Beatles reunion.

There is an album, a tour of sorts, and some bitterness in the interviews about the reunion. They swear never to work with each other again. Each of them continues on the solo careers. (John solo career would consist of some brilliance, some embarrassing attempts at current trends in pop music, and stabs at rap with a political bent).

The Beatles would get back together one last time for the Anthology project. The anthology would include remakes of their older songs, a song written by each of the four but performed by the band, and the outtakes we saw on the anthology projects.

The anthology brings closure to the Beatles and the four remain friends, never working together again.

Eutychus

What if Lennon got shot but didn't die from the wound? How different would post-gunshot music have been? Would the Julian Lennon's greatest hits album have been an empty CD case or would dad's influence have given him an actual career in music?