John Titor's Time Machine

Captain Nemo

hahaha.. it looks like he just shoved in any weird looking electrical component wherever it would fit. :D I'm no expert, but that's quite funny :D thanks for posting

DadOf5

ZeoEmeraude

Ok, that thing looks totally fake (IMO). I mean c'mon....anyone can make this thing with a little copper wire and a box. This thing reeks of hoax to me and I think that if the seller wants to make a quick buck, then cool, but it just goes to show you how many ppl are willing to <span style='color:red'>"try" to construct a piece of electronics that "noone" but "J.T" currently knows about. I say leave it alone...if some newbie to the story wants to try to press his/her luck in bidding on it, than more power to them.......just let me know if it works so I can tell the master of all evil and hate that his domain is freezin over. </span>

CaryP

I'm glad everyone is having fun with a wooden box with electronic junk thrown in. Oooh, look it even lights up. Yeeha.

What kills me is some goober puts this piece of crap together and in one day this gets all kinds of attention here and at anomalies. You got to be kiddin' me. We've got serious corruption of the Constitution, an national and world economy that could blow apart at any moment, an illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, war crimes being committed by American troops in Iraq, a presidential election that appears rigged in advance, and the list goes on. Yes, there's been some interest in those topics, but not like there would be if somehow a time travel angle could be weaved in.

Right, I know this is the TIME TRAVEL FORUM. Seems stupid of me to even be saying anything, but it galls me no end. The serious things that we are surrounded by appear to leave people numbed and paralyzed (or nobody gives a rat's ass). Dangle the words "time travel" on a wooden box of crap, and suddenly it's "ooooh, awwww, wheeeee, pretty" like a bunch of 5 year olds on Christmas morning. No, I'm not taking a shot at anyone here who has an interest int the item on Ebay. I'm talking about the phenomanon of the interest that just the words "time travel" attached to an obvious piece of junk stirs up. Contrast that to much more serious issues figuratively biting us on the ass, and we are easily being distracted with the possibility of a plywood box of crap as a possible time machine? I'm flabbergasted.

Sorry for the rant. My apologies to any and all who may have been offended. Let the festivities continue.

Cary

Timmy G

Bright Shiny Objects...
Hey, its worked in the past - why not here and now?

Bush Administration's Bright Shiny Object Fascinates Americans

By Barry Mitchell

Washington DC - White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer held the press corps in awe for approximately 15 minutes by producing a bright, shiny object from his pocket during his daily press briefing Monday. Dangling the object from a chain, Fleischer waved it back in forth in front of the members of the press.

Oooo. Shiny.Prior to revealing the object, Fleischer was being questioned by CNN correspondent Hugh McDowell. "Mr. Fleischer, some political analysts are saying the President's hawkish stance on Iraq and North Korea is an attempt to sidetrack the American public's attention to the failing War on Terror and the sagging economy. How does the President respond to this criticism?"

Fleischer then pulled the shiny object from his pocket, followed by excited tittering from the press pool.

The bright, shiny object, carried live on national television, seemed to have a calming effect on otherwise disgruntled Americans.

Bob Higgins, a truck driver from Richmond, VA, was watching the conference at "The Rusty Skillet", a diner in Arlington. "I don't believe a word this guy is saying," Higgins said in response to Fleischer's defense of the Bush Administration's economic policy. "We're not on the rebound. My brother and two of my cousins just got laid-off last week."

After Fleischer produced the shiny object, Higgins said, "What the hell is that? Wow. What IS that? It's bright. It's shiny!" and tried grabbing the object through the television screen.

Maria Lopez, investment banker and a patron at The Rusty Skillet, was also watching the press conference. Lopez was talking about how "this talk of war with Iraq seems like such a political ploy" when the shiny object caught her attention. Lopez stared at the object on the screen for the next several minutes with her mouth hanging open and fumbled with her purse looking for her credit card.

When asked about her views on Fleischer's comments, Lopez responded, "Wha? I dunno. Want thingy," pointing to the TV and shook her head rapidly while blinking.

In an interview later that day, when asked about Fleischer's bright shiny object, Vice President Cheney reached into his pocket and produced another one. "You mean this?" he asked.

Oooooo. Shiny.
[attachmentid=202]

complete article found HERE

The_Ruffneck

Originally posted by sosuemetoo+Dec 10 2004, 09:35 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The_Ruffneck@Dec 9 2004, 08:18 PM
Is the sellers name 'Takyon' by any chance?

Takyon was not in Fresno. Just FYI.
[snapback]17659[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
I have a rather dry sense of humour :)

The_Ruffneck

Originally posted by CaryP@Dec 10 2004, 08:06 PM
Right, I know this is the TIME TRAVEL FORUM. Seems stupid of me to even be saying anything, but it galls me no end. The serious things that we are surrounded by appear to leave people numbed and paralyzed (or nobody gives a rat's ass). Dangle the words \"time travel\" on a wooden box of crap, and suddenly it's \"ooooh, ?awwww, wheeeee, pretty\" like a bunch of 5 year olds on Christmas morning.

Hey Cary , i think everyone has been de-sensitised by the media.Basically the news aint showing much good news , never has , doesn't sell.So we've been seeing all this bad and shocking news all our lives so when we see more of it it's more 'ho-hum' , or at the most 'oh , i feel sorry/bad for those guys'.I'm sure the governments constant terrorist warnings are taken with a pinch of salt these days , know what i'm getting at?