John Titor's Time Machine

keylempa

it looks significantly different than the pictures that John supplied way back when...

John's
fetch2.jpg

this guys
machine4.jpg

just look at the handsets and handset cords...

StarLord

Silly me, I thought that was a Wah Wah Time Pedal. I especially like the Black and Yellow caution tape. Obviously it is dangerous. Yes, it is obviously dangerous for your wallet. What's the bidding now for that faux pile of parts?

virtualgirl

Hello everyone!!!

I have a suggestion....Paul could always respond to the seller and actually look at it up close and personal.

You all know that's what I would do. Anyway, happy hunting.

Virtualgirl :kiss:

Mai

I always thought it strange that no one was trying to make money off the John Titor tale. Then the JTF came along, and the movie, and now this. Looks like those money hunters are finally catching up. The sad thing is, that there will be someone out there who will believe that this is the real "time machine".

StarLord

Well Sue, looks like there is a majority feeling that: The future is very broke because: they are building time machines using a very cheap painted plywood, they have run out of covers so they have been forced to use aluminum foil, there seems to be an over abundance of heat sinks and noting to attach them to so they wound up in this box, caution tape only comes in 7" strips, they haven't even passed red on top, yellow in the middle, green on the bottom as signal markers.

All in all, a great idea due to the fact that who ever put it together had imagination. However, this great idea was only for the one that put it together.

If they need money so bad in the future, why not just send a bunch of those guys that are dressed up like Santa and the Salvation Army and then send them back when their pots are full to a different time line, realize it's all a farce because no one ever returns, & go back to doing something that helps their own world.

sosuemetoo

Rick Donaldson, the Administrator at anomolies has checked in and given his opinion on the close up pictures we have on this machine shown on Ebay. I want to give him full credit here.

Link: http://communities.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/b...=9;t=001562;p=2

machine.jpg

Top left, metal object someone called a \"large variable capacitor\" is no such thing. It's a klystron tube from a microwave oven, or perhaps a radar system. Even so, it's part of a microwave tube.

The hand set unit is kludged together with glue.

The cable connecting it is thinner than the one that Titor showed us.

Bottom left, round thingie. That's a stepper motor, probably from a disk drive system.

Bottom right, large power (AC) transformer from an old television set or radio set.

Bottom center... Dixie cup covered in aluminum foil.

There are some electrolytics in there. Not necessarily from Guitar amps, but definately electrolytics. Check the old thread about the 100 dollar reward. I posted images and explained those long ago for comparisons.

machine4.jpg

Knobs made of wood. Original had metal.

I don't recall ANY LEDs on the front cover like are shown on the right.

I hereby declare this a \"knock off\" and not only \"not the real thing\" but a ###### poor copy of the original images we saw before.

Pam is right, this ain't \"Titor's machine\".

Rick

/passes the aluminum foiled dixie cup and says "cheers" :D

PamelaM

The handheld device looks the most fake to me. The buttons do not look like they go on the device and it clearly looks like they are taped on with electrical tape.
What purpose did the guy have in mind that made this device? It had to take him a lot of time. Was he going to claim he was John and changed his mind or something and then assumed he could atleast get money from his creation?