Johntitor

sosuemetoo

Johntitor

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Aug 12 2004, 04:18 PM
This sounds like someone fishing for support, or wishing to persuade us that a civil war was possible. To do so, and to get as much of an audience as possible, all he had to do was mention the coming 911-- that is, if he knew about it.

I guess what I was trying to say was this:

First, I make the assumption that JT is a timetraveler.

Without 9/11, we would not have the War on Terrorism,
therefore we would not have the Patriot Act I & II,
therefore we would not have the reduction of civil rights,
therefore we would not have unrest,
therefore we would not have civil war.

JT, with his own admission, wanted a civil war. By telling us about 9/11, he would possibly stop (I assume our government was watching the internet before 9/11) the oncoming civil war.

Just a thought. I'm open to opinion here.

Judge Bean

Johntitor

Originally posted by sosuemetoo+Aug 12 2004, 10:08 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Aug 12 2004, 04:18 PM
This sounds like someone fishing for support, or wishing to persuade us that a civil war was possible.? To do so, and to get as much of an audience as possible, all he had to do was mention the coming 911-- that is, if he knew about it.

I guess what I was trying to say was this:

First, I make the assumption that JT is a timetraveler.

Without 9/11, we would not have the War on Terrorism,
therefore we would not have the Patriot Act I & II,
therefore we would not have the reduction of civil rights,
therefore we would not have unrest,
therefore we would not have civil war.

JT, with his own admission, wanted a civil war. By telling us about 9/11, he would possibly stop (I assume our government was watching the internet before 9/11) the oncoming civil war.

Just a thought. I'm open to opinion here.
[/b][/quote]

How does he stop the civil war by accurately predicting 911? The actual effect would be for thousands to flock to him, clinging to his every word, and perhaps advancing the onset of the war by sheer popular will. It would serve every one of his stated and most of his unstated purposes.

CaryP

Johntitor

How does he stop the civil war by accurately predicting 911? The actual effect would be for thousands to flock to him, clinging to his every word, and perhaps advancing the onset of the war by sheer popular will. It would serve every one of his stated and most of his unstated purposes.

That would probably get him picked up by Homeland Security. Nothing I'd want to fool with if I was a TT. He'd probably get blamed for being part of the plot to do the deed. Just my thoughts.

Cary

Judge Bean

Johntitor

Originally posted by CaryP@Aug 12 2004, 11:17 PM

That would probably get him picked up by Homeland Security. Nothing I'd want to fool with if I was a TT. He'd probably get blamed for being part of the plot to do the deed. Just my thoughts.

Cary

He was gone by March, 2001, six months before the event. There was no "homeland security" then (if ever).

starwolf

Johntitor

simply discussing the possibility of civil war contributes to it becoming a reality in a small way. the more people who side with the idea it is possible, the greater the chances of it happening. either by collective thought or by paranoia. you get 1 waco type situation and everyone will belive this is it... or you have the combined energy and thought directed towards something it will become fact. ever hear of the power of prayer? its not a god who heals you. its the simple belief that beliving without a doubt your prayer will work, will direct your "energy" to accomplish whatever it is you are praying about. keep in mind i am an orthodox agnostic, but am a firm believer in, a collective of sorts.

Judge Bean

Johntitor

Originally posted by starwolf@Aug 13 2004, 03:05 AM
simply discussing the possibility of civil war contributes to it becoming a reality in a small way. the more people who side with the idea it is possible, the greater the chances of it happening. either by collective thought or by paranoia. you get 1 waco type situation and everyone will belive this is it... or you have the combined energy and thought directed towards something it will become fact. ever hear of the power of prayer? its not a god who heals you. its the simple belief that beliving without a doubt your prayer will work, will direct your \"energy\" to accomplish whatever it is you are praying about. keep in mind i am an orthodox agnostic, but am a firm believer in, a collective of sorts.

I do not know whether there is material validity to this, but, on the outside chance that you can make things happen by joint mental concentration, I would suggest the following mantra:

No War

No War

No Violence

No obedience of unconstitutional laws

HackimerRob

Johntitor

"No obedience of unconstitutional laws "
I love it Paul. We should remember always that violent resistance should not be an option. Civil disobedience is called such for a reason. But Paul, when the extent of the civil disobedience results in a cargo train car full of passive resistors that have been branded terrorists by our lying gov't, what other options do we have? My lady and I have taken up the motto "Takin' it to the streets" for the next few weeks.
I think if civility in america is about to explode, I would be fairly certain it's about to happen in NY over the RNC.

Judge Bean

Johntitor

Originally posted by Hackimer@ Rob,Aug 13 2004, 09:33 PM
\"No obedience of unconstitutional laws \"
I love it Paul. We should remember always that violent resistance should not be an option. Civil disobedience is called such for a reason. But Paul, when the extent of the civil disobedience results in a cargo train car full of passive resistors that have been branded terrorists by our lying gov't, what other options do we have? My lady and I have taken up the motto \"Takin' it to the streets\" for the next few weeks.
I think if civility in america is about to explode, I would be fairly certain it's about to happen in NY over the RNC.

If there is a boxcar full of dissidents on our soil in the near future, the war has already begun, and those in the boxcar are casualties, and heroes.

My position, and the one that I urge others to adopt, is that the most effective weapon in our arsenal is passive resistance, and the simple exercise of natural rights. My guess is that it will drive them out of their minds. Remember that the moral force of your side never leaves you, even if they should decide to kill us all in our sleep. And the moral force of your side will prevail in the end.

StarLord

Johntitor

Right on the target Paul.

Besides, they need us to pay the bills. You can only lock up just so many taxpayers before you realize that *somebody* has to pay the check.

Judge Bean

Johntitor

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 16 2004, 05:25 PM
Right on the target Paul.

Besides, they need us to pay the bills. You can only lock up just so many taxpayers before you realize that *somebody* has to pay the check.

Who's picking up the tab for Halliburton?