JT Foundation/Oliver Williams Research

lev

:: Paul ::

::.. I believe the JT fan fare was at its peak just weeks prior to the start of the 'JT foundation' ..::.. "JT Foundation" as in, supposedly, raising money for little Johny ..::

Cornelia

Come on, my friends, would anyone in the world make such an hoax just to make money 10 years later? Knowing that 99% the hoax could go completely forgotten in two weeks in 2000?

You make examples a posteriori. Professor Tolkien didn't know, while writing his book, it was going to make billions in few years. Unless you already are Stephen King (Stephen King as JT? Good guess! :devil: ), you don't know when you're going to become famous for something you're writing.

More likely, those lawyers simply jumped on a train which nobody was claiming for. A train with no owner (gone with the time? dead? lost? hiding? who knows), ready to be squeezed for *some* money (not billions). And about Disney... well, those people are not going to make any movie unless JT become VERY famous. And the only reason for him to become VERY famous is a world where there will be no room for any Disney movie.

StarLord

It is possible that the connection with a lawyer came AFTER the hoax started. And it may be possible that the lawyer had the imagination to put all this in a connection.

If you knew a lawyer that worked around patents and inventions, you could watch them connecting the dots as they think about possible profits in the future. They are familliar with that industry, they know patent law, they may know manufacturing companies and have a good idea of costs, likelyhood of future saleability and know most of the pitfalls and advantages that lurk in the shadows, so it's like watching them play a game of chess in their head as they mentally take something from the very beginning to the very end.

So, as we have seen with Tolkien and 50 years of wait until the money came rolling in, POINT IS, the money DID come rolling in. Who cares how long it takes as long as it eventually pays off. All you have to do is insure that if it EVER does, the money goes to a certain direction. You can't take fame to the bank, so forget about fame, BUT you CAN take money to the bank.

Cornelia, a game of chess can take min. or it can take hours, for folks that love the game, they could care less how long it takes as long as they win in the end.

virtualgirl

Maybe Haber was a friend of JT's family. They call and have him come over, introduce him to the adult JT. Titor proves to him that he is really a timetraveller and then they formulate the foundation for future money. Maybe Titor gave the lawyer future tips and said that if they come to pass then he is sure he is on the correct timeline. JT gives him a set of instructions to start the foundation on a certain date. The shirts and mugs are small potatos but can help measure the fan base.

I know, I know, I'm reaching....this is how my brain works on 2 hours sleep. :unsure:

We just need to keep digging. When we get really close, you would think JT would come back to try and divert us.

Cornelia

StarLord,

Cornelia, a game of chess can take min. or it can take hours, for folks that love the game, they could care less how long it takes as long as they win in the end.

That's the point. When you play chess, you know for sure that sooner or later someone will win.
When you write something (a book, an article, a legend, a movie, an internet hoax) you have less than 1% chances you win something (fame or money). And saying 1% I'm being fairly optimist.

To repeat it: if I was JT I'd make the hoax just for fun. Nobody could think to make money, even if in a far future, with a stupid thing like faking a TT on an Internet board.

And keep in mind that, despite what we can believe, as today there'a small minority of people knowing of JT and an even smaller one with "JT fixation". No big deal.

lev

Originally posted by Cornelia@Oct 2 2004, 12:37 PM
To repeat it: if I was JT I'd make the hoax just for fun. Nobody could think to make money, even if in a far future, with a stupid thing like faking a TT on an Internet board.

::.. I agree :: If Boomer wanted to raise money for the version of himself that existed in this timeline why not simply leave sure fire tips for things like stocks tips, new technologies etc. and keep himself anonymous? ..::

Judge Bean

Originally posted by lev+Oct 3 2004, 10:06 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cornelia@Oct 2 2004, 12:37 PM

::.. I agree :: If Boomer wanted to raise money for the version of himself that existed in this timeline why not simply leave sure fire tips for things like stocks tips, new technologies etc. and keep himself anonymous? ..::
[/b][/quote]

Well, that's right; the Foundation and publication look very flimsy, and do not appear in any event to have been the purpose of the posts.

The proposition then is that Titor is having fun... or has some motive other than profit. We shouldn't shut out a wide variety of possibilities just because we live in a culture currently devoted to fun, greed, and conspiracy theories.

StarLord

Speaking of something I WISH was a conspiricy theory, The Air Force is trying to develop Anti Matter Weapons. Just what we need eh? I sure hope this is not true, Anti Matter makes Nuclear Weapons look like party poppers.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Everything like that is developed as a weapon though -- And THEN it's put to good use. Not sure where I heard this said, but I've heard it many times.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Oct 4 2004, 08:43 PM
Everything like that is developed as a weapon though -- And THEN it's put to good use. Not sure where I heard this said, but I've heard it many times.

Einstein, Oppenheimer, Tesla