Keep smelling smoke!

wanda

Only happens in my home. And not all the time. But out of the blue I smell THICK and STRONG cigarette smoke. Neither my husband nor myself smoke. And I don't allow it in my home due to asthma. So what the heck! It started a few years ago. Wasn't like it when I moved in. But it seems to be increasing in frequency. My husband doesn't smell it at all. To me it is so strong it is almost to the point my eyes burn.
I am not crazy. I even checked out my health because I read tumors could cause that. So I am at a loss.

Mayhem

Zenith
Could it be be some nasal infection or something like that?

A guess, but some type of bacteria causing the sensation.

Seen a doctor about it before?

But as you say only happens in the home, so unusual alright.

Any fire happen in the house at some point? Maybe one your not aware of.

Are you thinking its a entity of some sort?

Or any relatives pass away that were heavy smokers?

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Only happens in my home. And not all the time. But out of the blue I smell THICK and STRONG cigarette smoke. Neither my husband nor myself smoke. And I don't allow it in my home due to asthma. So what the heck! It started a few years ago. Wasn't like it when I moved in. But it seems to be increasing in frequency. My husband doesn't smell it at all. To me it is so strong it is almost to the point my eyes burn.
I am not crazy. I even checked out my health because I read tumors could cause that. So I am at a loss.

Rule out a sinus infection. Tell your doctor. Not to scare you, but brain tumors can also do this. I get this from time to time
and I believe it is my sinuses. (I already get blood work to screen for cancer). Seriously. Head to the doc. He/she can look up your
nose and see if there is inflammation. Good luck!

wanda

Rule out a sinus infection. Tell your doctor. Not to scare you, but brain tumors can also do this. I get this from time to time
and I believe it is my sinuses. (I already get blood work to screen for cancer). Seriously. Head to the doc. He/she can look up your
nose and see if there is inflammation. Good luck!
I did get a brain scan and checked out. Weeded out all the medical issues. Plus it only happens at home and not all the time. That's why its confusing

wanda

Could it be be some nasal infection or something like that?

A guess, but some type of bacteria causing the sensation.

Seen a doctor about it before?

But as you say only happens in the home, so unusual alright.

Any fire happen in the house at some point? Maybe one your not aware of.

Are you thinking its a entity of some sort?

Or any relatives pass away that were heavy smokers?
My brother was a heavy smoker and passed four years ago. But he and I didn't get along so I cannot imagine him coming around.

Wind7

Staff
My brother was a heavy smoker and passed four years ago. But he and I didn't get along so I cannot imagine him coming around.
There might be a situation where a spirit has an agenda or unfinished business that keeps them hanging about, like an attachment of sorts.

Does this happen only at certain times...just in certain areas or rooms?

Have you been having strange dreams that are relative to past issues?

Sudden coldness?

Images moving in the outer ranges of your peripheral vision (to the left or right when looking forwards)?

wanda

Yes! I get dive bombed by a white light all the time. My cats even see it. Seems to happen in the bedroom mostly.
There might be a situation where a spirit has an agenda or unfinished business that keeps them hanging about, like an attachment of sorts.

Does this happen only at certain times...just in certain areas or rooms?

Have you been having strange dreams that are relative to past issues?

Sudden coldness?

Images moving in the outer ranges of your peripheral vision (to the left or right when looking forwards)?

Wind7

Staff
Yes! I get dive bombed by a white light all the time. My cats even see it. Seems to happen in the bedroom mostly.
White light is classic.

Sounds (to me) that it really could be your brother whom has (possibly) returned as some sort of guardian spirit.

To make amends with the past.

Sounds crazy... I know but,
this wouldn't be the first time this has happened for someone.

Try talking to him...
Don't show fear...

**Important**

Watch for little white/bluish lights or sparks. I have come to know that these are indicatives of having some very good and positive beings nearby.

Never ask anything of a ouija board or other communication device meant to talk to spirits, this is totally asking for trouble.(!!)

I truly think in bringing up your brother...you have (possibly) answered your own question.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I did get a brain scan and checked out. Weeded out all the medical issues. Plus it only happens at home and not all the time. That's why its confusing

Alright, then supernatural would be your next move. Try talking to your brother. Maybe he wants to make amends before moving on..?