Ki and Chi

ZeoEmeraude

Ki and Chi

Ok, let's think about it for a few.....how many of us are in touch with our own inner power levels? Although this may or may not be a subject that you are interested in...if you are reading this thread than you have at least a clue. Both ki and chi are Chineese spiritial forces that are supposed to control our lives...like yen and yang. We can tap into these forces of power with our will alone, so the question (s) that I pose are these: If you could or can't harness these forces of good or ill, how do ya do it and if so why? Personally, I studied martial arts for about 12 years and i can tell ya from first hand experience that you, me, and everyone can harness these gifts. it's kinda like a person being confronted by a grizzly bear. When the time comes, you will draw from your own lifeforce to muster this incredible energy. Do you belive in it? Or do you think it is simply mind over matter? Can it help you to do AP? Can you reach enlightenment by using you own ki? Post your thoughts.

Tippy

Ki and Chi

Interesting post. I kind of touched on this in another thread. It DOES create an energy - but I am more interested in why that energy is created - than I am the spiritual aspects of it.

It has some merit. I am not so much into AP - wish I could do it. :)

But, I think it could be of help.

PyRo99

Ki and Chi

While Chinese Spirituality is fairly interesting, Ki and Chi, can also be refered to as just energy, karma.

Personally, I don't have time to access Ki, nor Chi powers, because other things have surfaced right now, and are playing around with me like cat and mouse.

Your enlightenment, should be through your own methods of doing so. Not through using Chinese methods, but your own.

Pyro

StarLord

Ki and Chi

Ki, Chi, Chigong or otherwise known as 'Internal Energy' are Chinese words for a type of energy and, is not something that is made up. Martial artists that have played for enough years come to experience it.

The best way to describe it is each of us have a generator or power source in the solar plexus area and it can be tapped. There are home movies of little old men, they are Martial Art Masters of course, that show them 'striking' a opponent with a single finger tip and that person is flung back several feet. That is the power aspect of Chi. Another aspect is the one of protection. The Chi actually can spread out the energy, minimizing damage.

The interesting concept that eventually pervades the consciousness of most Martial Artists is that it's no longer a means to kick ass because while discovering Internal Energy, one also discovers a world or 'space' where you are connected to everything. The only way I can describe it is by a visual reference in the movie Dare Devil where he actually gets to see that woman when the very first rain hits her face and he can see her by use of his exceptional hearing, much the same as Sonar. In Kung Fu movies you will often see where someone gets blindfolded and then takes on something like 5 attackers.

Again, the Dow, or path is no longer about being a bad ass or kicking butt, it's more about learning about yourself and how you are connected to the world and how the totality of it all, is connected to you. This is the perfect example of the old saying, the more you know, the more you realize that you know nothing. A realization like that can truly change your world.

(!)

Ki and Chi

The Secret of the Golden Flower - Wilhelm's translation is especially good, covers some very interesting related matters.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Ki and Chi

It's spelt Qi, as in Qi-gong and pronounced Chee. No, it is not an Esper power, it is more like the Force of StarWars fame, but different.

That is my inscrutible answer. :blink:

StarLord

Ki and Chi

Of course that would depend on wether the inscrutible person was speaking in Cantonese or Mandarin. Lucky for both, that the Chinese characters are universal :devil: >:D<

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Ki and Chi

High-Canton, or low?

Growing up not 50 yards from Western Europe's l(then) argest China-town and having a Chinese washer-woman as your Nanny teaches one a thing or two.

However, in all Chinese tongues, Chi is Qi. We just spell it as Chi, it makes it easier for us. I was correcting the thread starter, never your venerable self. :p