KW2000 D time communicator

TimeFlipper

MrScientist: I tend to find your tests and handling of the equipment questionable. I've thrown together a number of thoughts, observations, and expectations listed below.

* To make a temporal communication, you're going to need a temporal antenna to go with the temporal tranceiver. A regular antenna is unlikely to do much.

* EPROMs from the 1970's might still be OK under good circumstances. Hardware was made much more rugged back then. They're probably the UV erasable type. They should have a thick piece of metallic tape covering a window in the center to block out UV light that would erase them. If the tape dried out and flaked off, then the EPROMs are probably wiped. If these are burn once PROMs (without the center window), then they might still be OK.

* EPROMs from the 1970's are probably 4k at the most (more likely 1k or 2k). They won't be very big. That's why there are more than one.

* EPROMs by themselves are quite useless and will require some type of microcontroller... or at least we'd call it a MCU by today's standards. Back in the 1970's, this was probably something from the Intel 8080 series and common in the "early PC" days. There could be a Motorola 6800 series processor. Both were common. Both had a lot of pins, I think around 40, and would be easy to spot on the circuit board. The processor would be the largest chip.

* The MCU would load the program out of one of the EPROMs and do whatever it was told. The other EPROMs could be data storage for things like channel and frequency tables (or whatever the equivalent would be for a temporal tranceiver). The MCU may have done some dynamic tuning or perhaps was used to set how far forward or backwards the time radio would transmit/receive.

* The MCU is going to need some supporting electronics around it, starting with good voltage regulators. After 4 decades, any electrolytic capacitors are probably dried out and useless, especially if they were kept in a hot attic. These would need replacing, but thankfully their voltage rating and capacitance are written on the side. If a voltage regulator broke regulation, it just fried everything faster than you can blink when you turned it on.

* Provided the electronics weren't blown and don't have a lot of run time on them, the external RAM chips are probably OK (but these are very static sensitive). The ceramic capacitors and transistors are probably OK. Inductors and transformers will last forever so long as the wire insulation is in tact (quality level on these can be a toss up). The MCU clock crystal might be OK if its sealed metal can hasn't rusted and breached. Clock crystals do age and slow down a little. The MCU probably wouldn't care, but the output from a carefully timed frequency table would. If the MCU clock was generated by some type of LRC oscillator, then give up, the original designer didn't have a clue about radio.

* Cleaning and preparing for the first run. Dust and dirt build up over the decades should have been blown out. If it's bad, it will need paper towels and some cleaner. If dust gets damp, it also gets conductive and can cause odd problems (even dry it can cause some odd problems). Switches and pots would need some contact cleaner. Rusting or corroding contacts, sockets, or connectors would need a mild acid wipe followed by a neutralizing wipe. Some chip sockets might need replacing since they're hard to clean. Oxidized contacts aren't very conductive. Daily thermal expansion and contraction in a hot attic will crack solder joints over time. These are easy to fix with a hot iron and some fresh flux. Be sure to wipe off the flux with alcohol when done.

* What I've mentioned above also needs to be performed on the radio part.

* Given what's important is stored in the EPROMs, you should have looked for a way to dump them first. Converting their raw data back to human readable form is a pain, but it is doable. It's also important to get the exact model number of the MCU to decode the instruction set EPROM.

* You should also trace and sketch out a circuit diagram of the add on module. 4 decades on, it could be compared to other circuits to see if the original designer was on the right path.

* It's important to note that doing this kind of work/programming at home in the 1970s was expensive and tedious. If this project dates back to the 1960s, even more so. There weren't a multitude of easy compilers and debuggers. Mistakes were very easily made and might not have ever been found out, especially if the MCU code was written directly in assembler. If the designer had access to these tools at work or a university, that would have made things far easier, but still not "easy" by today's standards. At the very least, the MCU output should have been verified with an oscilloscope. High frequency oscilloscopes in the RF range were really expensive back then... and still carry a moderate price tag in today's markets. If the MCU did more low frequency work, that would obviously be easier to scope.

* Of course, if the tranceiver never worked in the first place, all of this is pointless... but perhaps a good learning exercise... but if this thing really had time communications potential, I think you would have been far more careful with it. A working time communicator has enormous potential.

* On the temporal philosophical side, if this thing did work and the guy was able to save his wife from the accident, he would have never needed to create a time communicator, and thus a paradox is born. The "people" who can answer the paradox question aren't talking and tend to "silence" others.

* We're still lacking detailed pictures of the hardware that could help clarify the setup.
The Scientist was a proven fantacist and troll...he was banned from Paranormalis a few days ago..

mullac998

MrScientist: I tend to find your tests and handling of the equipment questionable. I've thrown together a number of thoughts, observations, and expectations listed below.

* To make a temporal communication, you're going to need a temporal antenna to go with the temporal tranceiver. A regular antenna is unlikely to do much.

* EPROMs from the 1970's might still be OK under good circumstances. Hardware was made much more rugged back then. They're probably the UV erasable type. They should have a thick piece of metallic tape covering a window in the center to block out UV light that would erase them. If the tape dried out and flaked off, then the EPROMs are probably wiped. If these are burn once PROMs (without the center window), then they might still be OK.

* EPROMs from the 1970's are probably 4k at the most (more likely 1k or 2k). They won't be very big. That's why there are more than one.

* EPROMs by themselves are quite useless and will require some type of microcontroller... or at least we'd call it a MCU by today's standards. Back in the 1970's, this was probably something from the Intel 8080 series and common in the "early PC" days. There could be a Motorola 6800 series processor. Both were common. Both had a lot of pins, I think around 40, and would be easy to spot on the circuit board. The processor would be the largest chip.

* The MCU would load the program out of one of the EPROMs and do whatever it was told. The other EPROMs could be data storage for things like channel and frequency tables (or whatever the equivalent would be for a temporal tranceiver). The MCU may have done some dynamic tuning or perhaps was used to set how far forward or backwards the time radio would transmit/receive.

* The MCU is going to need some supporting electronics around it, starting with good voltage regulators. After 4 decades, any electrolytic capacitors are probably dried out and useless, especially if they were kept in a hot attic. These would need replacing, but thankfully their voltage rating and capacitance are written on the side. If a voltage regulator broke regulation, it just fried everything faster than you can blink when you turned it on.

* Provided the electronics weren't blown and don't have a lot of run time on them, the external RAM chips are probably OK (but these are very static sensitive). The ceramic capacitors and transistors are probably OK. Inductors and transformers will last forever so long as the wire insulation is in tact (quality level on these can be a toss up). The MCU clock crystal might be OK if its sealed metal can hasn't rusted and breached. Clock crystals do age and slow down a little. The MCU probably wouldn't care, but the output from a carefully timed frequency table would. If the MCU clock was generated by some type of LRC oscillator, then give up, the original designer didn't have a clue about radio.

* Cleaning and preparing for the first run. Dust and dirt build up over the decades should have been blown out. If it's bad, it will need paper towels and some cleaner. If dust gets damp, it also gets conductive and can cause odd problems (even dry it can cause some odd problems). Switches and pots would need some contact cleaner. Rusting or corroding contacts, sockets, or connectors would need a mild acid wipe followed by a neutralizing wipe. Some chip sockets might need replacing since they're hard to clean. Oxidized contacts aren't very conductive. Daily thermal expansion and contraction in a hot attic will crack solder joints over time. These are easy to fix with a hot iron and some fresh flux. Be sure to wipe off the flux with alcohol when done.

* What I've mentioned above also needs to be performed on the radio part.

* Given what's important is stored in the EPROMs, you should have looked for a way to dump them first. Converting their raw data back to human readable form is a pain, but it is doable. It's also important to get the exact model number of the MCU to decode the instruction set EPROM.

* You should also trace and sketch out a circuit diagram of the add on module. 4 decades on, it could be compared to other circuits to see if the original designer was on the right path.

* It's important to note that doing this kind of work/programming at home in the 1970s was expensive and tedious. If this project dates back to the 1960s, even more so. There weren't a multitude of easy compilers and debuggers. Mistakes were very easily made and might not have ever been found out, especially if the MCU code was written directly in assembler. If the designer had access to these tools at work or a university, that would have made things far easier, but still not "easy" by today's standards. At the very least, the MCU output should have been verified with an oscilloscope. High frequency oscilloscopes in the RF range were really expensive back then... and still carry a moderate price tag in today's markets. If the MCU did more low frequency work, that would obviously be easier to scope.

* Of course, if the tranceiver never worked in the first place, all of this is pointless... but perhaps a good learning exercise... but if this thing really had time communications potential, I think you would have been far more careful with it. A working time communicator has enormous potential.

* On the temporal philosophical side, if this thing did work and the guy was able to save his wife from the accident, he would have never needed to create a time communicator, and thus a paradox is born. The "people" who can answer the paradox question aren't talking and tend to "silence" others.

* We're still lacking detailed pictures of the hardware that could help clarify the setup.
A paradox wouldn't have happened he would of been shifted into a worldline where he saved his wife and that version of him self could of been working on the same machine for other reasons. A normal antenna can do some things but it's about generating scalar waves

TimeFlipper

A paradox wouldn't have happened he would of been shifted into a worldline where he saved his wife and that version of him self could of been working on the same machine for other reasons. A normal antenna can do some things but it's about generating scalar waves
You are still trying to give that psychopathic liar and troll some form of respectibility which he certainly does NOT deserve!! :fp:..
Lord Henry aka Lussorio aka Walker aka Harriet B aka starlite aka the Scientist, no doubt told you how to write out that ridiculous eulogy for himself....Unfortunately, you do not have the same rhetoric writing ability as he does(n):rolleyes:..

MODAT7

TimeFlipper: His pop up info doesn't show "banned", but I'll take your word for it. He was getting obnoxious about missing critical details.

mullac998: I got the impression the antenna was some type of single wire type or maybe a dipole, so no scalar waves.

mullac998

You are still trying to give that psychopathic liar and troll some form of respectibility which he certainly does NOT deserve!! :fp:..
Lord Henry aka Lussorio aka Walker aka Harriet B aka starlite aka the Scientist, no doubt told you how to write out that ridiculous eulogy for himself....Unfortunately, you do not have the same rhetoric writing ability as he does(n):rolleyes:..
Truthly that's always been my belief I like the idea of a multiverse and that has nothing to do with Mr scientist but was just my own opinion and | hope you can believe me and resepect that. I cannot be bothered to play sillys games anymore so I hope we can get along and that's with everyone on the fourm I'm not looking to cause trouble just trying to learn and expand my knowledge

Mayhem

Zenith
And a couple more that hes tried to get back on with in the last few days.

Repeat he WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED BACK ON THIS FORUM.

TimeFlipper

And a couple more that hes tried to get back on with in the last few days.

Repeat he WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED BACK ON THIS FORUM.
Naturally my old friend i left it to you to provide a few more fake names, although i was aware very quickly that Larry Haynes was yet another faked name used by that pathological liar, The Scientist :ROFLMAO:..