Let's all get to know James Randi, the greatest skeptic known to man

cmac

I agree Jasper. Unfortunately I can see through Randi far too much, so I know much more about him that I really care to know. He definately, likes that fortune and fame, and padding his ego. To each his own I guess. Definately not the life for me, I have far too much spiritually to gain in my time here for all of that.

JasperMoon

I wonder. Several weeks ago I came across a prediction on a forum. I can't remember which one it was. Someone predicted that the Green Bay Packers would win the Super Bowl. They did. Would Randi give that person the million bucks if he or she asked for it? I doubt it. He'd ask for another shot at their predicting something and have it authenticated by an accounting house before he'd relent.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that one out to you as well.

Harte

The person, and the committee, would both have to agree beforehand on what would constitute a valid prediction.

I could be wrong, but I doubt they would accept a prediction concerning anything with a 50% probability of being correct.

Randi would have no say in the matter whatsoever. If he did, that would be serious grounds for a lawsuit since it would constitute breach of contract, with regard to a million-dollar contract.

BTW, I predicted Hillary would lose the Democratic primary right here on this very forum. I did this one week before Karl Rove was cleared by Special prosecutor Fitzgerald in the Plame CIA leak case (October 2005, {I also predicted that outcome in the same post}), two years before she announced her candidacy.

I had to consult my personal ass-ended master, Bool Krappi - in order to achieve such precision.

Alas, that thread was one of the lost ones when the site traded ownership twice. But there are still people here that can back me up on that.

Where's my million dollars?

Harte