Liquid time?

StarLord

Re: Liquid time?

Yes, but didn't we say that light was energy about 6 months ago when Iggy was restructuring his brain to fit our posts?

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Yes, but didn't we say that light was energy about 6 months ago when Iggy was restructuring his brain to fit our posts?[/b]

Starlord,
Energy is another name for mass. Iggy just told you that a couple of posts ago.
All electomagnetic entities (that is, the stuff that everything is made of) is either a particle or a wave, depending on what we are expecting it to be. A solar sail works because we expect light to be made of photons which have mass and so it is made of photons. A rose is red because we expect light to be a wave and so it is a wave. It is not waves of particles. It is not packets of waves. It conforms to our detection devices. If our devices are designed
to detect waves, then we find light to be made up of waves. If our devices are designed to detect particles, then we find light to be made up of particles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam mower

why does time change around ridiculous gravities and speeds?
is it possible, that time is constant and everything else changes? How does gravity effect time if it has no mass? How does gravity effect light if it has no mass? How does light travel by speed of light if it HAS mass? Do we even exist in our own time?
What is time? Why wouldn't time be made of mass?

Sam Mower,
There is no time. There is no space. There is a thing called spacetime. What we call space and time are just two facets of the thing called spacetime.
Any mass bends this spacetime. Little masses bend it a little. Big masses bend it a lot. When you bend spacetime, you are bending what we call space and you are also bending what we call time. If you can bend spacetime enough so that it folds back on itself, you can go back in time under the right circumstances, assuming you live.

Light travels at the speed of light because it can do no less. It cannot go any slower. These things that we see around us that would gain mass as their speed increases are capable of traveling at many speeds. Light is incapable of traveling at any other speed. Because of this it is one of those things that are exempt (if you will) from what happens to ordinary stuff as it approaches the speed of light. For example, we know that what we call time slows down with movement. Slow movent causes a little slowdown. Fast movement causes a bigger slowdown. As you get closer and closer to the speed of light, the thing we call time slows WAY down. At the speed of light time stops. So if time has stopped for a photon, how is it the photon (or wave) can exist in our time? Exempt!
There are particles predicted by Einstein that have yet to be detected called tachyons. These particles cannot exist at speeds below the speed of light. A tachyon slowing down to the speed of light acts just like a normal particle approaching the speed of light, only in reverse. As the tachyon slows down, it experiences time dilation and constriction of length, as well as mass gain. At the speed of light it winks out of spacetime just like anything on our side of the great divide would when it sped up to lightspeed.

StarLord

Harte, thanks for the info. It's pretty much known that everything is everything, and all is connected. We're just waiting for Iggy to come up with the math that shows that energy is mass is light, is gravity, is heat, is.......

Interesting that you accept the notion that there is no time. There is only the now in mho.

bowtiesarecool

I'm not a
Liquid time?

sorry for any spelling errors

In a nuttshell...

Gravity changes/attracts time.

Due to gravity attracting mass and mass only, I assume that time is mass.
Of course we beeing locked in 3rd dimension, can't even start to imagine that, but from logical point of view it makes sence.

Time beeing mass, (if not, just for the sake of an argument) means that, we can liquifie it.

It also means, that it has it's own unique molecular structure and that it, like practically any mass whatsoever, takes a round structure, like a sphere... and being so propably circulates arround the core of the universe.

thoughts? :lol:

I'm not a scientist, so I can't answer this the way some of the others did, however I can tell you that people who claim to have experienced time travel (ones that I've met and spoken to) say that time is indeed, not linear, but spherical, so your theory that it's round supports that.