Live 8

thenumbersix

Re: Live 8

ah...:D

come on, 14 views....VOTE !

no way, 22 views and not one vote, come on don't tell me you think it should carry on. everything we own or spend our money on is on the backs of dying human beings. I feel vile being a part of that machine...

plus, best band ? did Foo's play anywhere ? saw Pink Floyd from home, classic stuff. Green Day, Placebo, Madonna, Coldplay, Velvet Revolver, Sir Bob himself...

vote godamit, or i'm gonna send round my big booted friend to kick you squarely in the nuts..

woohoo, off to sleep, nn my swollen knackered friends :D

shane

You can't end poverty in the current ecosystem without drastically reducing the global population or increasing globally available resources. Even if it were feasible to distrubute resources evenly, there's not enough to go around. Unless they're killing everyone who attends these crappy concerts, I don't see how they plan to accomplish anything other than making Bono look like even more of a pretentious turd.

The power of music lies in its ability to make people think, not in its ability to posture at the masses in order to redistribute their money to dying lands.

thenumbersix

lol, do you seriously believe that crap ? We easily have the means, how about levelling the playing field so that they can actually fend for themselves with Fair Trade ? Our Tax money is being used to subsidise a global price rigging cartel, is that even legal ?

Supermarkets are screwing our farmers who are subsidised with our money ?? What the hell is going on there, looks like a licence to extort, I mean, print money. Our tax money is being fed into the supermarkets coffers by the back door !

Meanwhile what we do grow is being used to put third world farmers out of business. If their farmers could sell their goods they could build a sustainable means of producing food for themselves.

Farmers here need to fight back and take on the supermarkets by selling their goods directly to the public, put the money back where it belongs, investing in our infrastructure, not sitting in some bank account collecting dust. Cut out the leeches that force additives and chemicals into our food to improve their profit margin and build a market we can be proud of !

The power of music does make people think, what are you not listening to lately whilst munching down your fat n sugar burger ?

Mudpuppy

That was easy! I wish bannishing poverty was as easy as clicking a button. It's easy to vote to banish poverty when you are already there.

thenumbersix

Almost as easy as putting ones head in the sand and pretending it has nothing to do with them and that they play no part in it !

I can't believe that attitude of people who think that way, they truly are the saps that are towing the line and doing as they are told like good little tax paying citizens... it makes me sick !

Is about time people educated themselves and stopped being fed bull****. It is your money that is funding murder and what is effectively slavery. YOU are paying for it !

Viva le consumption....

shane

The power of music does make people think, what are you not listening to lately whilst munching down your fat n sugar burger ?

I'm not listening to posturing commercial crap that, by its very nature, cheapens the cultural history carried in music and dulls the mind of the listener. As a musician, an activist of sorts and a human being, I am offended by those who turn all three into a profitable business. When these pretentious liemongers and their labels give away their own fortunes and take vows of asceticism to make up for lives of theivery, I will consider forgiving the atrocities they have indirectly enacted. When they stop flying around in their private jets and banging groupies in the back seats of their limos, I'll consider their points about the environment valid. As it is, most of these people are just out for long term record sales, and the rest are too dumb to realize the fallacy they have been caught in.

Crap like this has all but killed one of the greatest human artforms, that to which I have dedicated most of my life.

As for the fat and sugar burger, that sounds like a plan. I've been impoverished, and I don't have any intention of being so again. Granted, I don't have any intention of hoarding an abominable amount of resources for my own personal luxury as do these so called musicians, but I'll sure as hell take that burger if you're going to wave it in my face. I think I'll even wash it down with a potted meat waffle cone.

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
Almost as easy as putting ones head in the sand and pretending it has nothing to do with them and that they play no part in it !

I can't believe that attitude of people who think that way, they truly are the saps that are towing the line and doing as they are told like good little tax paying citizens... it makes me sick !

Is about time people educated themselves and stopped being fed bull****. It is your money that is funding murder and what is effectively slavery. YOU are paying for it !

Viva le consumption....[/b]
Hey,
Don't growl at me...I voted.