Live 8

tchetcha

Re: Live 8

I'm not going to vote because I didn't understood the question. I don't think live 8 is going to see it's objective acomplished. The G8 are not dropping the debt. Period.
If they asked for people's money, like: "Get your city organized, sponsor a community in Africa.", yes, they will have their money.
I work in a Teacher's Association. We have projects where we put the kids in my country choosing books with their teachers to send to African coutries. It's not much, but we see some results.
If the citizens in my city decided to sponsor a community in Africa, it would be enought to see some results.
But Live 8 missed their target. They decided to wait for the politicians decision!!
I DON'T BELIEVE IN POLITICIANS, especially the Bush administration. They only look to their own interests. They will not debt relief. I will be very surprised if so.

curiousOne

If your voting, or even looking at this poll then you may have a concern about doing something about global hunger and clean water. There is a very simple thing you can do everday to help feed people, simple go to this site and click on the "Give Free Food". http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...bjects/CTDSites (this site works by a certain number of clicks that trigger levels that the sponsers have agreed upon to donate money).

If you want to volunteer to dig wells, take a look at this site:
http://www.globalwater.org/index.htm
You can signed up for a project and go for a two-three week project to dig a well.
There are many organizations out there to fit different levels of commitment.

If we all start doing small, positive steps it will help, one life at a time, one village at a time. This is a huge problem and can't be solved in one year or by a swipe of a pen. It needs a global effort. Just do something everyday that helps this global issue.

Peace and water for everyone.

tchetcha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"curiousOne\")</div>
If your voting, or even looking at this poll then you may have a concern about doing something about global hunger and clean water. There is a very simple thing you can do everday to help feed people, simple go to this site and click on the \"Give Free Food\". http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...bjects/CTDSites (this site works by a certain number of clicks that trigger levels that the sponsers have agreed upon to donate money).

If you want to volunteer to dig wells, take a look at this site:
http://www.globalwater.org/index.htm
You can signed up for a project and go for a two-three week project to dig a well.
There are many organizations out there to fit different levels of commitment.

If we all start doing small, positive steps it will help, one life at a time, one village at a time. This is a huge problem and can't be solved in one year or by a swipe of a pen. It needs a global effort. Just do something everyday that helps this global issue.

Peace and water for everyone.[/b]
I totally agree with you. People do the difference.

Keroscene

I'm not sure exactly what this vote is for. What is the difference between yes please and yes now? Maybe someone could explain this to me. Thanks. It would make sense to me if one were yes and the other no, but with two yes choices I don't get it.

thenumbersix

Would you vote no then ?

Nice links Curious and I agree that it is down to us to really help.

Other Links : GCAP and Make Poverty History

Have found out recently that a friend sponsors a child in Africa, am looking at doing this myself, so if anybody has a good link for a reputable charity please post...

thenumbersix

very true. If it was for all of us i'd be right behind you. Even then we have fertile land to fall back on they have dry sand, this is the main difference between us and them, this is why different things have been deemed important over time....

choice is a luxury !

Keroscene

I say let them worry about themselves, but at least give em some shoes.:hug:

And maybe some one can take 5 minutes out of a million dollars and a billion bullets to stop those kids from playing on those destroyed and blown up tanks.