Lottery from God

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Lottery from God

NOT ?500,000.00, but ?500.00. :huh: The .00 denotes no pence.

So, I guess it's just Pepsi and butties now.

I may be lucky, but not that lucky.

EDIT: Had to edit a back-to-front tag

StarLord

Lottery from God

No worries Mate,

You go and have tea and crumpets with the queen mum, I'll still wash me socks. Unfortunately, I can now, not promise to embarrass you because you are not flying Paul and myself over via Virgin Airlines First Class, so I have taken the liberty and emailed the queen mum a picture of you bathing on Saturday night.

P.S. You have forced Paul and I to drink all that we have due to great sadness and unrequited travel plans. (hic)

Cornelia

Lottery from God

Dear,
my parents were lucky like you are. Mom had a multiple myeloma and a transplant, and she is still with us after more than 10 years. Dad had a prostate cancer, which came back after operation, but he is great and doing his jogging everyday. @);-
Don't you think we'll all be here to witness the USA civil war aired on CNN? WOW! ;)

StarLord

Lottery from God

Yes, that would certainly qualify as a lottery from God, being able to watch a civil war here on CNN. Hey if Paul and I are lucky, we wont need TV to watch it. Maybe we will just sell Avian and popcorn.

Judge Bean

Lottery from God

We can have those refillable buckets with the petrochemicalbased butterlike substance soaked into the popcorn, but to eat that much and go back for more you have to have a real long civil war, like about 3 or 4 hours long, like that Titanic thing where they drowned but still got to have sex first in the old car.

StarLord

Lottery from God

Wait, wasn't that "The Adventure At Lake Chappaquiddick" ? Where the Villian Snidely Whipkennedylash is tricked by the goatman into believing that the young girl will be able to hold her breath forever underwater once they have had sex?

Hmmm something tells me we will need a great deal of that popcorn and that gawd awful pseudo butter slop.

And in Honor of that sweet Cornelia and her wishes for a civil war here, Grappa will be served. Those with bullet holes get in free.

Judge Bean

Lottery from God

Anyone's grandfather will of course be served without reservation.

My prediction is that all of us will be present to celebrate the long, peculiar peace of the early 2000s. We are disarming Titor.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Lottery from God

I just wanted to give an update on my condition at the moment, publically, as many people have moved Heaven and Earth to support me recently.

I have had numerous e-mails from people wishing me well and letting me know that they are there, just in the wings, waiting to help me.

Pm's of a similar nature.

Offers of money, both through the Community, raised by donations and personally from people who have offered to pay my donations that I wished to make to this Community.

General support during my recent time of crisis.

For all of this I am and will ever be eternally grateful. What a great bunch of people you all are. The gents, your hands I shake, the Lassies all get a kiss on the cheek.

A bit of history and an update.

I first developed testicualr teratoma in 1995, with chemotherapy commencing in 1996, followed by a retro-peritoneal lymph node dissection. The cancer and its metasteses were truly massive and had strangled most of my major abdominal organs. Treatment was successful.

I relapsed in July 1999, which was not reported until Jan 2000 and I was required to undergo another lymph node dissection, followed by more chemotherapy. Again treatment was successful.

In 2002 I was diagnosed with a papillary carcinoma of the thyroid and subject to a total thyroidectomy and Radio-iodine I131 treatment, which was successful.

Recently I was diagnosed with a further relapse of teratoma and as well as a raised AFP (alpha-feta protien) two tumours were discovered by CT scan in my abdomen, buried in the tissue adjacent to the spine and the aorta.

Things went from bad to worse with numerous consultants telling me that treatment was limited, likely to be unsuccessful and that my time on Earth was to be measured in a few scant years, if that.

Having beaten this bugger many times before, I was unprepared to acquiesce to this disease on this ocassion. So, I looked for options, sought to pay for treatment myself and garnered an opinion from the USA. If I was going to go down, it would be as a best second that any cancer had ever had the misfortune to be involved in.

I went to see my Consultant last week, Friday 30th, to see what was what and what needed to be done next. More blood was taken and more tests run. The expectation was that my AFP would be rising, thus indicating the incresed spread of the new metastases. I got the results yesterday, from The Christie Hospital in Manchester and here they are.

My AFP has dropped by 25% and the second marker, called a BHCG, has returned to normal. So, without any treatment, it appears that this new cancer may have gotten the message and may yet decide to sod off and leave me alone.

So surprised are Christie's, that they have booked me in for a free CT Scan, saving me ?3,000.00, to see what is going on. This is booked for Friday 13th August, with a follow-up Consultation on the 20th, when they discuss the CT Scan results with me.

So, to those of you who have helped me, supported me, wished me well, or simply ignored my past fit of madness, thank you. Something has done me good in these last few months and I attribute this possible and favourable reversal of fortune, in some part, to you, this place and the Friends that I have made here.

Thanks from me, my wife and my kids. God bless you all.

PS: Don't stop all those positive vibes that you are beaming my way.

I will let you all know how it goes on the 20th.